Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-10-17, 10:54 AM  
wendug

YouTube and Amazon Fire

DH discovered that YouTube will no longer be available through Amazon Fire beginning January 1st. Apparently there is a quarrel between Google (owns YouTube) and Amazon so Google is taking away the option of viewing YouTube through Amazon Fire. If you view YouTube through other devices you'll be fine. However I use Amazon Fire so now I'll need to find a new way to view YouTube on my tv.
Old 12-10-17, 11:35 AM  
Non-Dancer

I have been thinking about getting Apple TV to replace my Fire TV Stick, and I guess this will make the decision for me.

Amazon and Google have had issues before and resolved them, so that may happen this time too.

Linda
Non-Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-17, 02:20 PM  
sbh

Hmm...we are having trouble viewing my Youtube subscriptions on Roku. It keeps asking me to sign in. When I do it does not show my library or subscriptions anyone.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-17, 03:43 PM  
sherry7899

These companies all drive me crazy. We had you tube through our blu ray player, and then google stopped supporting the you tube app. Then we bought an Amazon Fire Stick so we could use you tube on our tv, and now they're taking that away also? Sigh...

Will it still work on Kindles? I just bought a 10 Kindle HD. One of the main reasons I bought that size was for you tube.

Thanks!
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-17, 04:08 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
These companies all drive me crazy. We had you tube through our blu ray player, and then google stopped supporting the you tube app. Then we bought an Amazon Fire Stick so we could use you tube on our tv, and now they're taking that away also? Sigh...

Will it still work on Kindles? I just bought a 10 Kindle HD. One of the main reasons I bought that size was for you tube.

Thanks!
Sherry
I agree, so frustrating!
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-17, 04:57 PM  
jusca

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post

Thanks!
Sherry
As long as the Google Play store has an official Youtube app, you can possibly sideload it on the Kindles. It's not guaranteed to work with Amazon's FireOS but it most of the time the apps will work.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-17, 04:58 PM  
jusca

What a blow to Firestick. I barely use mine. I haven't in months. I really won't use it now since Youtube was the only app I used on it.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-17, 05:11 PM  
IceQueen07

Good to know. I was just about to purchase a Fire Stick.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-17, 09:44 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non-Dancer View Post

Amazon and Google have had issues before and resolved them, so that may happen this time too.

Linda
I hope they do resolve this!
Old 12-10-17, 10:14 PM  
alisoncooks

On a related topic, I'm over-the-moon thrilled that Amazon prime is now directly on Apple TV. No more Airplay to mirror to my tv; it's already there as a channel.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon fire, roku, streaming, youtube