Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-16, 12:22 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelly View Post
Thanks so much Sancho and everyone else for putting the word out about this! I downloaded the app and am signing up!
Let us know what you think.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-16, 09:09 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

Another fan here too. I actually don't mind the arm stuff. I used to do that 100 years ago on my stationary bike when I wanted to get done fast and hit many birds with one stone. I should have patented the idea... And yes, peloton is great, so many classes with awesome music. And very few whooping! I switched from SSOD that lately seemed so very repetitive and not that great anyway.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-16, 09:56 AM  
andtckrtoo

Thank you! I just signed up for the trial. I have a spin bike at home and a spin bike at the office that I can use, so these are awesome. Now I just have to drag my bike in from the garage as it's too cold to workout out there.

I have a device for my tv that allows me to connect my phone, so I'll watch on my TV when I'm home. On my phone when I'm at the office gym.
Old 01-10-16, 10:49 AM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
It's app only. Very easy to use. There's a free trial period that does not require a credit card
Well, to be fair - it's through iTunes, so they already have your credit card information.

But that said, I signed up. Any recommendations for the first class to try? I'm kind of overwhelmed.
Old 01-10-16, 11:00 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
Well, to be fair - it's through iTunes, so they already have your credit card information.

Oh, you're right. I didn't think of that.

I just want to mention that I have the Spinning cadence meter that they talk about on SSOD (http://www.spinning.com/en/webshop/p...eless-computer). I like using it on these Peloton workouts so I can match cadence by the number (although it is pretty easy to match it by rhythm too). It's not a necessity, but it's fun to work to get the numbers up. I recommend it if anyone has an interest. If only there was an inexpensive way to get a number on the resistance.
Old 01-10-16, 01:00 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post

But that said, I signed up. Any recommendations for the first class to try? I'm kind of overwhelmed.
Cody has fantastic music and he is a talented entertainer as well. Christine D'Ercole is also good, I did 2 of her classes. I'll do another Cody next.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-16, 01:20 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
Cody has fantastic music and he is a talented entertainer as well. Christine D'Ercole is also good, I did 2 of her classes. I'll do another Cody next.
I second the recommendation for Christine. I did her Pink Floyd workout yesterday and it was super. She has other music themed workouts...Abba, Queen, etc. There's one I haven't done, but the music is great on preview: Kim Fisher's Boogie Down.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-16, 01:23 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Cody is my favorite so far but I've only done one class of 4'different teachers.
Old 01-10-16, 01:47 PM  
Chomper

I seem to remember last year around this time there were some Xmas themed ones. They were wearing Santa hats and playing Xmas music. So if you feel like you didn't hear enough Xmas music this year,...
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-16, 02:18 PM  
amazondotmom

Thanks for letting me know about Peloton!

I've had SSOD for 7 months and I really liked the 60 minute rides with Cat Kom, Bethany and Rebecca. If you are familiar with these instructors and are familiar with the Peloton instructors, can you make a recommendation of which instructors to start with? I am seriously thinking about switching to Peloton Ondemand because its cheaper and there are way more spinning workouts to chose from. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
amazondotmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cycle, peloton, spinning