Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-15-13, 08:56 AM  
Chomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2546 View Post
thank you Chomper! how do you like the ones that you have tried?

sue
I have done Dumbbell Dynamite and Belly Fat Broiler and really liked them a lot. I know I will like all the dumbbell segments. I started with Fat Frying Flow and it turned out to be a good way to warm up because it's downwards dogs into push-ups that get progressively harder and variations on sit-throughs.

Doing those 3 segments in a row felt a lot like one of the Delta Fit workouts (I had taken a week long break due to illness and was about to go into phase 3 at the time), so it might not have been as hard as it felt. But with the dumbbell segments at least, all you have to do is pick up a heavier dumbbell to make it harder.

I plan to do the rest of them this week, so I will pop back in with a general impression of intensity or anything else of interest.
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-13, 08:00 PM  
s2546

thank you Chomper. I ordered thanks to your helpful breakdowns !

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-13, 09:40 PM  
DeanneW3

Can someone post a link for these? I am not able to find them. Also, I will echo what a previous poster asked.... Does anyone have a coupon code? It seems there is always one for rodale. Thanks!!
DeanneW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-13, 10:06 AM  
Chomper

http://www.10minutetorchers.com/10minutetorchers/index
Old 10-16-13, 10:59 AM  
twinkletoes

I just want to chime in and say I love these as add ons.
Old 10-16-13, 03:39 PM  
Chomper

Today I did Gorilla Gut Buster, Upper Body Blast, Lower Body Crush and Six Pack Super Storm. I feel like I got a great full body workout in under 45 minutes.

Gorilla Gut Buster is a series of animal movements and I found it an enjoyable way to warm up. Oh my gosh, those frog jumps at the end are tough.

Upper Body Blast works everything but the chest. So many of the other segments have push-ups in them, that I did not miss the chest work in this. My heart rate rose with the weighted squats at the beginner, then dropped during the upper body work. That was okay with me because back and arms were worked pretty hard. He uses one set of dumbbells for everything, but I did not want to attempt overhead triceps extensions with the same weight I use for bent over rows! So I think having a couple of different sizes of dumbbells handy is the way to go.

Lower Body Crush is all body weight endurance and I have pretty good endurance, so I wasn't sure this would be enough. But the last few exercises are isometric squat and lunge ladders and I was almost whimpering at the end. Again, not super intense though.

Six Pack Super Storm is alternating cardio and core moves. I got up a good sweat, but I wouldn't call it killer. There are ways to increase the intensity that I might do next time if I have the energy. I was glad to get in some core work and call it a day.

I still have 5 more segments to try, but so far I am really struck by the variety this set offers. Once I get more familiar with them all, it will be nice to be able to use these as add ons the way people have suggested.
Old 10-16-13, 04:18 PM  
mercedes

Mmmm....vey tempted! Any rodale coupons out there that work!
tia
mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-13, 06:10 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

These look like a lot of fun! Thanks for all the info that's been shared.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-13, 07:05 PM  
s2546

i ordered by searching the web but i did not have a Coupon. I thought $29.95 was ok but a coupon would have been nice!

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-13, 08:15 PM  
hypnomoon

They look really effective. I suspect his knees are dirty in the 10 minute freebie. However, they look deeply bruised. OUCHIEEEE!
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10 minute torchers, 10-minute torchers, bj gaddour