Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-22-12, 12:14 PM  
lrb04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Firm high impact is the easiest stuff to modify. For bunny hops I step forward left/right and back left/right. For plyo jumps you can do bounce squats (feet never leave the ground). Very athletic, very modifiable.
You are so right! That is what I am doing except the bunny hops which I will change to your suggestion.
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-12, 08:51 PM  
Sara1000

Back when Volume 1 was the only workout I had, it never occurred to me I could modify the dreaded running in place/iron aerobic sections. I hated them but struggled through them. I realize now I really needed to work up to doing something like that as I had not been working out at all before I purchased volume 1. Yet I never considered doing less than the whole workout, as presented. Oh how time have changed!
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-12, 05:37 AM  
atticus
VF Supporter

I did BSS4 Ultimate Calorie Blaster this morning and Allison shows good modifications. It would also be relatively easy to modify the moves on your own. You can still get a great workout with this one, with or without the impact. You can’t beat the Transfirmer for a fun and challenging workout! (Can you tell I had fun this morning? )

I am sorry to hear about your osteoarthritis diagnosis. I know how painful that is. Take care!
Old 04-25-12, 08:45 PM  
Dawn3

Thanks everyone for the replies! I guess I could try to modify them, it just really bugs me if I'm modifying most of my workout. I do have a rebounder, but never thought of that as an option. So does the rebounder not cause problems with your knees if you do plyo type moves on it? I like the idea of bunny hops just doing a walk forward/back. I know there are a couple DVD's that bothered me for the high impact to begin with such as Power 1/2 Hour, The Express Set, Cardio Explosion, Firm Classic #3, etc. I do see what you're all saying if I have the whole set it would be a shame to get rid of them now. I'm just so OCD, I have had a rotation calendar in place and I always make sure I do each workout at least every 4 months (that's about how long it takes to rotate through each of my DVDs). Maybe I'll take them out of my rotation calendar and not sell them "yet".
Old 04-25-12, 09:30 PM  
princess76

Don't sell them, unless you really never want to do them again. I just love the Firm, and their workouts are so effective!
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-12, 10:09 PM  
lrb04

I have all the Firms and until about a year ago did high impact. I modifying them all. I did advanced cardio blast from BSS 3 a couple days ago and followed Libby. I still got a good workout. At first I had a hard time because I am a little OCD and needed to do them as performed by instructor but I had to get over that feeling unless I wanted injuries. I totally accept my new lot!
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
osteoarthritis