Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-10-20, 08:16 PM  
Mickey12

Hello fellow Watulans,

I’m not actually doing the whole BB Muscle Burns Fat program. I only had the free sample workout. As far as comparing Megan Davies to either Chalene or Autumn, I don’t think she’s really like either one. She is very down to earth and feels like a regular person. She’s sweet and motivating. Not too over the top, not like a drill sergeant, not too slick and shiny. My understanding is she was on a reality show made by BB and she was selected or discovered from that show.

KittybugI was supposed to do Double Trouble on YouTube last night but I never got that far. I was going to do it tonight but I got caught up in looking at all the Miranda DVDs on sale at her site. When I do it, I will definitely post my thoughts.

Manley your truck story reminded me of the car I drove in high school. It also didn’t have any heat. I used to put a kettle of water on the stove and then pour it over the windshield in the morning so I could get the frost off the windows before driving it. The defrost just blew out cold air so it didn’t do any good. I had a blanket that I wrapped around my legs to keep warm while I drove. Pennsylvania can get really hot in the summer but let me tell you, it gets mighty cold in the winter too. Ah, the good old days!

Finley has learned a new trick. Whenever we open the refrigerator he jumps inside. He goes right to the back and it’s hard to get him out. He’s quite a character! Naturally we make sure we don’t accidentally close the door with him inside. I will be happy when he stops doing it.

Happy Friday!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 12:42 AM  
fanofladyvols

Hey I found Megan Davies on YouTube!

https://youtu.be/XRdAAHA0joQ

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 07:28 PM  
horusosiris

I did four short Sleek workouts today- Perfect Pro Legs, Sassy Showgirl Girl (cardio), standing abs and mat abs. I was surprised by how much I felt the moves in my core. I was also surprised that my arms were tired from holding up my arms in various positions for so long! I feel worked outed and stretched after the workouts but tomorrow I am definitely going to concentrate on stretching.

I have had computer woes for the past four days. I was on the phone with Apple two days ago for about an hour and today off and on several times. They are really great and so very patient with problem solving. I had to do a complete clean reinstall of the system but they walked me through it. Hopefully, this time my computers troubles are in the past.

Linda- Great find. Thanks for the link. I am going to try the Muscle Burns Fat workout maybe next week.

Mickey- Finley's little trick is so cute.

Manelym- The Sleek workouts are ballet based and very approachable for those like me who have no ballet experience. I have to admit though that I would not want anyone else watching me do these workouts. My husband already commented and asked me if I had a desire to become a ballerina as s second career. He was laughing. Frankly, I am not very graceful and the ladies make most of these moves seem effortless.

Kate- I hope your hip flexor is feeling better.

Lavna- we are all anxiously awaiting your solo. What shall youo sing for us- opera, jazz, pop, R+B? It is hot here but I love the hot weather!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 09:46 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday, fierce Watulans!

Yesterday I took a rest day which to me means walking. Today I did the Random Burn premix from Afterburn. I had never done this one before. I was glad that the segment with the dragging planks and the thrust pushups with the gliding disks were earlier in the workout, but then the thrust pushup segment was repeated at the end! I always thought Afterburn was the toughest of the low impact series, and this premix didn't change this opinion!

horusosiris, glad you got your computer issue resolved. Ugh. What a pain. We are all so dependent on them, at least I know I am! Looking forward to the Sleek workouts next week. DH usually isn't home when I work out, but thanks for the warning about what I might look like doing the moves. I did take ballet for several years as a child, but the dance school I was going to closed and any other options were too far away. Probably just as well, since I definitely do not have a ballet physique!

manleym, I'm now starting the Low Impact Series with a bang with an Afterburn premix. I still have to circle back and do Lower Body Blast and the Lower Body Circuit from High Reps when they fit in to my schedule---probably tomorrow since it's been a few days since I've done dedicated work for the lower body. Oh, I don't get any special discount other than the 10off from Mary, but the combo of the 10off, her sale, and the rewards points I've accumulated made the Sleek workouts hard to pass up. They arrive on Monday, along with two old cardio workouts from Petra Kolber and Christi Taylor. I'm looking forward to trying the Sleek workouts, as I think they will help to balance out my regimen.

Nathalie, you definitely are the band's lead singer! I could back you up, but would probably be better playing the kazoo. Or the triangle! Yes, the abs from Pyramid Upper are the ones on the stability ball with the pikes. And yes, they are hard! Someone here suggested that the ab section could be done first before the rest of the upper body and then the arms wouldn't be tired yet and it might be easier to do those pikes. I haven't tried this yet, but I like the idea.

Kim, Watula used to jump in the fridge as a kitten too! The first time we almost didn't know she was in there but quickly opened the door since she had been playing in the kitchen one second and gone the next and we figured something was up! Kittens need to be saved from themselves sometimes, for sure. Just like other kids I guess!

ChelePA, hope all went well with AC repair on your home!

Kate, sometimes I think I tweak something without realizing it and get sore in a strange place. I guess as long as it recovers pretty quickly, it's all good.

kittybug, RWH Upper Body Circuit is one of my most used in that series! It's a tough one!

Linda, great that you found Megan on You Tube! I listened to the clip of her describing the program and I like her voice and demeanor. Less OC than Chalene, who I like but not love. I've only seen the promo that Autumn does for the free trial of her BB programs, and TBH I could not see working out listening to that voice. It just rubbed me the wrong way. I know people say that about Michele Dozois, and I can see that although I can tolerate Michele except when she does shrill whooping (which she doesn't do often, or I wouldn't touch her workouts). Autumn might be different in an actual workout, but honestly the only program that piques my interest would be 80 Day Obsession and 80 days of anyone except my DH is too many. LOL this was sure a paragraph of random thoughts! Anyway I like the looks of Megan and the program and appreciate the link!

Kim, thanks for your thoughts about Megan---she sounds like she would be right up my alley!! BUT....I.DO.NOT.NEED.ANY.MORE.WORKOUTS! but I think I might try the sample workout

bee, you could switch back and forth among your instruments, although you may not have your trumpet or clarinet anymore. I don't think I've seen a professional female trumpet player---not sure why, it just seems that women may not choose this instrument for some reason. I'm definitely no expert though!

Waves to all!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 08:36 AM  
lavna

With the heat and humidity we're having theses days, I'm tempted to jump in the fridge too, just like Finley and Watula!!!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 08:37 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavna View Post
With the heat and humidity we're having theses days, I'm tempted to jump in the fridge too, just like Finley and Watula!!!
Lavna- Great Idea!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 11:31 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Lavna- Great Idea!
LOL I admit that when I've been outside doing something and get super hot I've been known to come inside and open up the freezer and fridge and let the cold air blow on me. Just for a few minutes.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 11:49 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello! I feel so behind. I'll try to catch up here....

kittybug, I think there probably is a cumulative effect with RWH that's different than the cumulative effect with other Cathe stuff. Good to vary things up probably. We all need a "Sore-Max" now and then.

I love the *idea* of our Fierce Watulans band -- with every one involved! More cowbell, please!!

Chele, are you in cool air now? I hope so! It's been a little warmer for me the last few days and I definitely struggle with it (and honestly, it's nothing compared to what some of you are dealing with, so I shouldn't complain but I am a heat wimp). lavna, you asked about weather -- we have very subtle seasons where I am -- it gets hot and dry in the summer, but usually in the 80's/90's and rarely over 100. In the winter we have lots of rain but no snow to speak of. I used to live in San Francisco and we definitely didn't have seasons there.

manleym, I am going to have to look for that Too Sore to Move Yoga one of these days. It's strange but even UY yoga gets me sore the next day sometimes!!

Kate, I think I had an injury from the sliders one time, too, but for me it was sliding out and it was like I had pulled a groin muscle or something -- I was limping a bit, too! Hope you are feeling better by now. Funny that you pulled out Janet Stone yoga recently -- I've been thinking about revisiting her stuff too.

Kim, the MBF program looks interesting -- well, that is, I checked out the link that Linda found. I get what you mean about Megan's personality -- seems like she'd be a great instructor in that aspect. What I briefly saw of the workout looked solid, but..... do you know if all of the videos have the boxes of other people doing the workouts? I guess that's a trend these days but I thought it could be very distracting. Maybe if I actually did the workout it wouldn't be, but I found that part odd. Curious to know if the whole program is that way (not that I'm going to subscribe to BBOD so maybe it's a moot point).

horusosiris, I'm really glad you've shared the info about Sleek Technique with us -- I think that'll be a good find for me. Today I did the warm up, #1 boot camp, #1 barre and then their cool down. Not a super long workout, but I feel worked and I feel like that style of workout could be really good for me. I'm going to try to work it in consistently.

I guess that brings me to what I've been doing -- I did PHA #2 from LITE the other day, yesterday I was short on time so just did one of the UY Short and Sweet practices. Today I tried Sleek Technique. I'm enjoying mixing up yoga, Cathe, and now Sleek Technique.

cataddict, so funny about the cats jumping into the fridge! I can see wanting to do that at times, too, but good that you're careful about checking for them! I'm sure there are some professional female trumpet players but you're right -- not very common! Believe it or not, I have a trumpet and clarinet in my house. The trumpet is the one my dad played and the clarinet is the one I did. We had a flute until recently because my husband played flute, but he recently passed it on to someone who wanted to learn. I should do that with my clarinet -- I don't think I will ever play it again but the trumpet I don't think I can part with.

Stay cool everyone..... and healthy, too!! The numbers are frightening!
Old 07-12-20, 03:26 PM  
manleym

Kim and Cataddict funny about your kitties loving crawling in the fridge! Nice and cool in there so I don't blame them! We had a cat that liked getting in the dryer. She also liked crawling into car engines, so after a slight accident because we didn't know she had crawled up into the engine (she broke her leg - that's all the detail I'll give), we had to start checking to be sure she wasn't in the engine before starting the car. Guess she liked the warmth. It's funny how pets develop their own idiosyncrasies. So much personality.

Horusosiris thanks for the feedback on Sleek Technique. I've previewed some of their workouts on YT and they are very graceful and fluid. I see how these would be challenging because they are completely different than Cathe. A totally different way to move, which is good! I'm still eyeing them. And I think you'll be floating around before you know it so you can become a ballerina for a 2nd career. You seem like that kind of person who has done many different things and have done them well.

Cataddict thanks for reassuring me that I'm not missing some exclusive, inside only, for the cool VF kids discount from Mary. Which Christi did you buy? I was on a Christi binge recently. She's just fun! And yes, Afterburn is a doozie! You started Low Impact Series with a bang! You'll have to post your thoughts on Sleek Technique. From reading your posts, we seem to like the same instructors/types of workouts. But I guess most of us on this thread do. And sounds like quite a few of ya'll have Sleek Technique (Bee) and maybe someone else?

I did Travis's and Lauren's Double Trouble Friday and really liked it! Honestly, I think I like her better than him (don't throw rocks!) It was nice having both of them instruct - made the time go fast and the variety was nice. And as always it was a great workout.

Yesterday I did RWH lower body circuit and it wasn't nearly as dreadful as I remember it being. Guess I've made progress! Yay me! That's not to say it was easy, because it. was. not....but I was able to use an 8 inch step and the only thing I modified is jumping on and off the step sideways. I never like doing that, no matter the workout, so I always just jump on and off the step facing the TV.

I'm trying to decide if I want to do another week of RWH or move on to ICE. I really like RWH but it's tough! Bee maybe the combo of RWH and UY is doing it to me ... Kittybug, you sticking with RWH for another week or are you moving on to ICE?

I hope you are all having nice relaxing weekends! Please stay cool and safe!

Waves to all!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 04:48 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Hey I found Megan Davies on YouTube!

https://youtu.be/XRdAAHA0joQ
Yes, Linda, that’s the sample workout I did!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in