Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-11-17, 02:29 PM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh View Post
Hmm...we are having trouble viewing my Youtube subscriptions on Roku. It keeps asking me to sign in. When I do it does not show my library or subscriptions anyone.
Try rebooting. I have a Roku too and all my subscriptions are there.
Old 12-11-17, 02:59 PM  
Sollamyn

I have trouble viewing YouTube with my Roku. When I first got the Roku, I had Frontier as a provider, and it worked fine until Frontier got too slow to stream anything other than Netflix. So I switched to Mediacom and, while it is fast enough for streaming, when I try to play any Youtube videos, it plays a video for about 10 seconds before shutting off and taking me back to my channel menu. So I don't know if it's the provider causing the problem, or Roku (it's a fairly old version of Roku) or YouTube. Anyway, I can play YouTube videos on my laptop, so it's all good.

Donna
Old 12-11-17, 05:51 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
I have trouble viewing YouTube with my Roku. When I first got the Roku, I had Frontier as a provider, and it worked fine until Frontier got too slow to stream anything other than Netflix. So I switched to Mediacom and, while it is fast enough for streaming, when I try to play any Youtube videos, it plays a video for about 10 seconds before shutting off and taking me back to my channel menu. So I don't know if it's the provider causing the problem, or Roku (it's a fairly old version of Roku) or YouTube. Anyway, I can play YouTube videos on my laptop, so it's all good.

Donna
Donna, I have the same problem with my Roku and YouTube. Mine is an older version as well (it came with my TV when I purchased it), so I figure that's the issue. Like you, I use my laptop to play YouTube videos as well
Old 12-11-17, 06:40 PM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
On a related topic, I'm over-the-moon thrilled that Amazon prime is now directly on Apple TV. No more Airplay to mirror to my tv; it's already there as a channel.
Same here! And I laughed at myself at how spoiled I’ve become...it’s not like Airplay is hard to use, but I just wanted to be able to tell my tv what to play without, you know, having to touch a screen. #aboveafirstworldproblem
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 07:55 PM  
antbuko

I have the Roku 3 and YouTube works fine; maybe earlier versions or the stick don't work?
Old 12-12-17, 09:49 AM  
leigh1673

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
You can also now stream Les Mills on Demand through the firestick (app on Amazon) now also
Oh cool. Do you mind telling me how much you pay for that Sherry? I have been missing Body Combat classes!

Quote:
Thanks for the comments - I keep forgetting there is a whole world out there besides Amazon. We're not just late to the party with TV streaming - we're only just getting our first smart phones!
Ha ha - yes! We got my in-laws a Roku a few years back and they had no idea what it was, or what it could do. Fast forward 2 years later and they LOVE it. They are big into British tv shows and especially love the Acorn channel.

And hey I have a friend who is 43 and STILL hasn't changed to a Smart Phone. He insists that he will keep using his flip phone until it dies! LOL
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-17, 10:45 AM  
sherry7899

[QUOTE=leigh1673;2748767]Oh cool. Do you mind telling me how much you pay for that Sherry? I have been missing Body Combat classes!

I don't have it, sorry! I just saw that the app is available through Amazon Prime video for free.

You can check their site. I think they had a special to get nine months for the price of twelve recently. I will look.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-17, 10:46 AM  
sherry7899

[QUOTE=leigh1673;2748767]Oh cool. Do you mind telling me how much you pay for that Sherry? I have been missing Body Combat classes!

I don't have it, sorry! I just saw that the app is available through Amazon Prime video for free.

You can check their site. I think they had a special to get nine months for the price of twelve recently. I will look.

Sherry

I think it is $12.99 a month right now. Maybe someone who has it can chim in.

https://www.lesmills.com/us/ondemand...769.1511116001

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-17, 10:49 AM  
leigh1673

[QUOTE=sherry7899;2748777]
Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh1673 View Post
Oh cool. Do you mind telling me how much you pay for that Sherry? I have been missing Body Combat classes!

Sherry

I think it is $12.99 a month right now. Maybe someone who has it can chim in.

https://www.lesmills.com/us/ondemand...769.1511116001
Thank you - that is reasonable!
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon fire, roku, streaming, youtube