Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-06-09, 09:32 AM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

I keep a workout log of every date I did a particular workout.

If I haven't done it in over a year I have to ask myself why. If I'm just not into that "thing" at the moment I may keep it. If its too similar to something I already have, I will let it go. If I can figure out how to fit it into my workout schedule I will let it go. If it just doesn't grab me, I probably already got rid of it. If I haven't done it yet, I will do a newbie week and decide then.

I don't have a lot of space to store stuff, and I find having over 100 - 150 workouts too distracting for me, so I am pretty ruthless. I also will not let myself get anything new unless I get rid of something.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-09, 10:38 AM  
juberann

Such great advice,thanks,everyone I am starting to weed out my workouts,slowly, but at least it's happening. I am amazed at how many I have that I have never done or only done once and then there are the ones that I have NO issues getting rid of,I just wonder why I held onto some of these for so long It's an addiction, I tell ya~LOL~ Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-09, 11:05 AM  
mtnmom

I found that I would purchase workouts that were similar in style, then realize that, for whatever reason, I preferred one over the other. I had several post-classic Firms, but only reached for about two of them. I got rid of the other 4 and never missed them.

And yoga workouts.... I must have had a dozen of them, but don't do yoga very often - maybe once a month. I kept my favorites and the rest were sold. More room on my shelves and more money to purchase new workouts!
Old 05-06-09, 10:34 PM  
IvysMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
Such great advice,thanks,everyone I am starting to weed out my workouts,slowly, but at least it's happening. I am amazed at how many I have that I have never done or only done once and then there are the ones that I have NO issues getting rid of,I just wonder why I held onto some of these for so long It's an addiction, I tell ya~LOL~ Judy
i found the same thing myself. for me, i'd find myself holding onto a whole series, even if i only liked 1 or 2 workouts in the series. or several that i never did for who knows what reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy T View Post
I find having over 100 - 150 workouts too distracting for me, so I am pretty ruthless.
yeah, i had just over 100, and got rid of almost 1/3 of them this week. too many workouts, not enough time to try them all out, or when i try to get into a rotation, i get too distracted by ones i've wanted to try out but don't fit into the rotation. i need horse blinders or something when it comes to buying workouts.
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
declutter, downsizing