Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-29-14, 08:55 PM  
Diana3271

Waiting . . . . .

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-14, 10:48 PM  
MoFirmer

Haha..... I'll try to do some of it tomorrow. I'm coaching this week at work and meetings are slamming me! LOL! I'm going to NEED that workout tomorrow!
Old 10-30-14, 05:19 AM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFirmer View Post
Haha..... I'll try to do some of it tomorrow. I'm coaching this week at work and meetings are slamming me! LOL! I'm going to NEED that workout tomorrow!
Good luck getting it all done this week. It does seem like this week has been one of those weeks. Is it Friday, yet? Take your time. We will be waiting for your thoughts.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-14, 07:08 AM  
sundari

We're just anxious Take your time, we know you'll let us know soon.
Old 10-30-14, 07:43 AM  
TinaT

I would love to know more as well.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-14, 11:23 PM  
MoFirmer

Well I just finished the Cardio/abs segment. It is 36 minutes long. It is led by Kevin. He gives a short motivational talk. I really liked it. There is a warmup with rotations, windmills, small lunges with an overhead reach, squats with a knee up and then you repeat that again.

You do 2 ab movements and then a 1 minute cardio segment. The ab segments are 30 seconds each. Each circuit is done twice.

Circuit 1 - single side bicycle done on one side and then penguin where you reach side to side while lying on the floor. This is followed by 1 minute of light jogging or you can go all out and do high knees. You repeat this circuit again doing the other side.

Circuit 2 - Windshield wipers where you lie on your back and rotate your knees side to side with arms out to the sides and then you do a standing reverse lunge with a knee crunch done on one side and then you do a lunge hop for the cardio. You then repeat this circuit again doing the other side.

Circuit 3 - You do back extensions lying on the floor with your arms out in front of you and then you pull the arms back to engage the shoulder blades. You follow this move with a side plank crunch. Your cardio move is a knee thrust and you can add in a jump. You repeat this circuit doing the other side on your side plank.

Circuit 4 - You do a lying single leg pike on one leg followed by a plank shoulder tap. Your cardio move is a floor touch jump. You then repeat to do a single leg pike on the other leg.

You then cool down with step touches, side bends to stretch out the abs, side lunges with an arm raise and twist followed by a circle stretch where you rotate in a circle side to side. All the while Kevin is giving you a motivational talk about God being with you wherever you are in your path. It had a very calming, relaxing feeling to it.

The music at the beginning is noticeable with singing, while the workout is going on it is instrumental and when the stretch is going on it is again singing. Very inspirational music.

Kevin leads, Stephanie, Basheera, Jill and another guy. I forget his name. I'll check it out tomorrow.

My brain is forgetting it right now.... I've been studying stuff all day for meetings at work next week. LOL!

This was the perfect workout for tonight! It was a stressful week at work with implementing some new programs and this was just the soul rejuvenation workout I needed.

It is a program I feel is great for everybody! It is a light workout for those beginning, yet you can still get a great intermediate or advanced workout with it. It is all about what YOU put into it. And the Christian based faith aspect of it really appeals to me also.

Anyone who likes Leslie will definitely like this program! And if you love Stephanie Huckabee of course you will LOVE these! They are like her PowerFits yet I think a little more fast paced.

There is a downloadable meal plan that goes with the program. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet. There is also a calendar for using the system. It looks really well thought out for the price! You can't go wrong! 4 workouts and two workout calendars for $20!
Old 10-30-14, 11:42 PM  
JENILU

Oh wow! That sounds really nice!! Thankyou for posting your thoughts. I have really been needed some uplifting/encouraging things in my life, and this might be perfect for that right now!!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-14, 08:05 AM  
sundari

Thank you for posting your review. Its good that it is along the lines of Leslie and the Power Fits. The price is really good for all the workouts. Sounds also like you get a good intermediate workout with a relaxing added touch.
Old 10-31-14, 08:15 AM  
amery

Thanks for the review! These are on my wishlist for sure!
amery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-14, 08:56 AM  
donnamp

Thanks for sharing, these sound good. Today I stretched w/ Tonya Larson's DVD, I like the Christian theme as well!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
daniel plan