Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-11-14, 05:10 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertoolate View Post
Don't be deterred! This kit is NOT only for intense athletic exercisers! It will be great for them, but it's also appropriate for everyday exercisers like me, an intermediate 66-year-old, reasonably fit, but with the increasing aches and stiffness that comes with my age.

I have most of Jill's DVDs, but I use the Quick Fix and the Pain Relief DVDs the most. Since my PT recommended ball and foam roller work for my persistent piriformis, low back and buttock pain, I ordered this set as soon as I saw this thread. I ordered it from Mary on a Sunday and got it on Wednesday -- gotta love Mary's service. With her 10% off, no tax, and free shipping, she had the best deal around.

In this set, Jill co-teaches with Kelly Starrett, a physical therapist, coach, and author of Becoming A Supple Leopard. Maybe that's where the comment about working with elite athletes comes in. They work very well together. I've watched all but the very last segment. The content is instructive. You will learn a lot about anatomy, muscle movement, and how to use the balls most effectively. It's not really a follow along workout per se, although I was using the balls along with the demonstration as they were instructing. The goal is to teach you how to use the balls appropriately, so you can use them anywhere, whenever you need to, not just when you can watch a DVD.

The content in this is GOLD! It contains the missing pieces that Quick Fix and Pain Relief lacked, expands their content and goes beyond where they left off. Maybe it's the synergy of the two of them working together or maybe it's Jill learning from experience (or both), but there's so much more in this set that I'll be learning for a long time to come. It also will make using the older DVDs more effective. I found myself thinking, "oh yeah, that's how you do that," when they'd explain a move that was on one of the Quick Fixes. I feel like I've been to a weekend seminar with Jill and Kelly, and I get to review the content whenever I want to. I think this will be one of the best purchases I've made all year.

And the balls are great! I love Jill's Yoga Tune Up balls, because they are very firm, but the outside layer is still pliable and has some give to it. They also grip your skin, so you can get that kneading quality that is so therapeutic. I've also tried tennis balls, lacrosse balls, pokey balls and none of them have worked as well. I already had the original small tune up balls. The various sizes that are included in this kit work in different ways, depending on where you use them on your body. There's a section on the DVD that explains what each of the balls is best suited for and how best to use them.

The set is chaptered, so you can jump to a body section, but I would suggest watching the whole thing from the beginning the first time through. There's just so much information, you can't take it in all at once.

I highly recommend this set for anyone interested in preventive or therapeutic bodywork. And I have no connection with Jill Miller or Yoga Tune Up or anyone else connected with this product - honestly! It's just an awesome set! And yes, I am preordering the book from Amazon.

Yours in fitness and health!

Ann
Ann--thanks for sharing your thoughts on this set. I suffer from piriformis syndrome, hip, and glute pain and shoulder pain. I ordered the kit from Mary and I just tracked it am excited that it has arrived in Boston and I should have it today (I paid extra for express delivery because I really wanted it for the long weekend when I have more time to use it).

Sherry--thank you for posting about this set. I would never have known about it if it wasn't for this post.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-14, 05:39 AM  
sherry7899

Tracy-I caved also! My dvds should arrive today as well. I ordered them a few days ago. I hope they are helpful for you.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-14, 09:16 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Oh man, I use Jill's "On Demand" a lot. I am going to surf over to Mary's. This sounds like a worthwhile dvd to have on my shelf.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-14, 03:35 PM  
lrb04

I received mine from Mary but have not had a chance to view but plan on starting next week. I must admit I Jill's workouts!
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-14, 07:38 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Sherry,
Have you tried the DVDs yet? I am interested in hearing what you think. Did you use any of the balls-I am not sure if you ordered them or if you already had some of them.
Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-14, 08:16 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I would love to hear feedback/reviews also!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-14, 08:28 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrb04 View Post
I received mine from Mary but have not had a chance to view but plan on starting next week. I must admit I Jill's workouts!
Fran, let us know what you think also!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-14, 08:39 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
Oh man, I use Jill's "On Demand" a lot. I am going to surf over to Mary's. This sounds like a worthwhile dvd to have on my shelf.
What is On Demand? Is it a streaming service?
Old 10-29-14, 08:56 PM  
sherry7899

Leslie- it is a Dvd called "Pain relief on demand."

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-14, 09:09 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Thanks Sherry. I just discovered that by searching on Mary's site. So how was the Treat while you Train DVD?

Tags
jill miller, kelly starrett, therapy ball, treat while you train, yoga tune up