Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-14, 08:23 PM  
sherry7899

mercedes-on Mary's home page, there is a "deal of the day" section on the left side. If you click on that, it shows the sale price, which expires today.

I'm trying to post a link, but I'm having trouble logging out of my account on Mary's site.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-14, 08:29 PM  
mercedes

thanks, Sherry.

I click on that and only the "On demand Pain Relief" shows up as being on sale.

The OP mentioned "the Train While You Treat DVDs, and the Coregeous ball. so excited!" as well... Those I am not seeing.

thanks
mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-14, 08:52 PM  
sherry7899

Train while you treat and the ball are not part of the sale.

Old 09-28-14, 09:00 PM  
nevertoolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrb04 View Post
I called the girl at Yoga tune up & asked about the kit. She said it was geared more for intense exercisers more athletic so since I am not in that category but a non intense exerciser I opted not to buy.
Don't be deterred! This kit is NOT only for intense athletic exercisers! It will be great for them, but it's also appropriate for everyday exercisers like me, an intermediate 66-year-old, reasonably fit, but with the increasing aches and stiffness that comes with my age.

I have most of Jill's DVDs, but I use the Quick Fix and the Pain Relief DVDs the most. Since my PT recommended ball and foam roller work for my persistent piriformis, low back and buttock pain, I ordered this set as soon as I saw this thread. I ordered it from Mary on a Sunday and got it on Wednesday -- gotta love Mary's service. With her 10% off, no tax, and free shipping, she had the best deal around.

In this set, Jill co-teaches with Kelly Starrett, a physical therapist, coach, and author of Becoming A Supple Leopard. Maybe that's where the comment about working with elite athletes comes in. They work very well together. I've watched all but the very last segment. The content is instructive. You will learn a lot about anatomy, muscle movement, and how to use the balls most effectively. It's not really a follow along workout per se, although I was using the balls along with the demonstration as they were instructing. The goal is to teach you how to use the balls appropriately, so you can use them anywhere, whenever you need to, not just when you can watch a DVD.

The content in this is GOLD! It contains the missing pieces that Quick Fix and Pain Relief lacked, expands their content and goes beyond where they left off. Maybe it's the synergy of the two of them working together or maybe it's Jill learning from experience (or both), but there's so much more in this set that I'll be learning for a long time to come. It also will make using the older DVDs more effective. I found myself thinking, "oh yeah, that's how you do that," when they'd explain a move that was on one of the Quick Fixes. I feel like I've been to a weekend seminar with Jill and Kelly, and I get to review the content whenever I want to. I think this will be one of the best purchases I've made all year.

And the balls are great! I love Jill's Yoga Tune Up balls, because they are very firm, but the outside layer is still pliable and has some give to it. They also grip your skin, so you can get that kneading quality that is so therapeutic. I've also tried tennis balls, lacrosse balls, pokey balls and none of them have worked as well. I already had the original small tune up balls. The various sizes that are included in this kit work in different ways, depending on where you use them on your body. There's a section on the DVD that explains what each of the balls is best suited for and how best to use them.

The set is chaptered, so you can jump to a body section, but I would suggest watching the whole thing from the beginning the first time through. There's just so much information, you can't take it in all at once.

I highly recommend this set for anyone interested in preventive or therapeutic bodywork. And I have no connection with Jill Miller or Yoga Tune Up or anyone else connected with this product - honestly! It's just an awesome set! And yes, I am preordering the book from Amazon.

Yours in fitness and health!

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-14, 09:05 PM  
sherry7899

Thank you Ann! I think I will put this Dvd back on my wishlist.

Old 09-28-14, 10:08 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedes View Post
thanks, Sherry.

I click on that and only the "On demand Pain Relief" shows up as being on sale.

The OP mentioned "the Train While You Treat DVDs, and the Coregeous ball. so excited!" as well... Those I am not seeing.

thanks
Sorry for the confusion. The first in my order was the deal of the day, the other two I just added to my order. Here's the link (hopefully).

http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/dealoftheday.asp
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-14, 10:28 PM  
Vantreesta

Oops, I got the name of the new set backwards too!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-14, 10:44 PM  
lrb04

Thanks Ann! I caved & bought the DVD after thinking about your thoughts on this!
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-14, 07:24 AM  
sherry7899

I am bumping this to get more opinions on these dvds-thanks!

Orlita-thank you so much for your insight and knowledge! I bought the larger tune up balls and the alpha ball, which I will try later today.
Mary has the best price for them, and she shipped them Priority Mail

Sherry

Old 10-05-14, 10:24 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Bumping for feedback.

This is my first time reading this thread. I didn't realize that Kelly Starrett worked with Jill. I have his book but of course I rarely if ever use it.

I am wondering if it has movements to address low back pain.

Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jill miller, kelly starrett, therapy ball, treat while you train, yoga tune up