Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-17-14, 10:31 AM  
unfetteredpast

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey View Post
My vidiocy started the day in 2000 when I picked up a bootleg VHS copy of Taebo original Advanced from a NYC sidewalk vendor on impulse, went home and pressed play. I went back to that vendor to get Taebo Live Advanced 1, then found this site.

Can you imagine, I did those two Taebo tapes for several months before finally branching out to Cathe and then gaining vidiot momentum with increasing speed thanks to all you guys! 14 years and a gazillion bought workouts later (I don't even want to imagine what I've spent), here I am reading this thread. Awwwww
I love this!

The Tae Bo original set was one of my early acquisitions. I have fond memories of doing that workout in my living room. Soon after, Cathe would join me and the office became the new workout space. That was several houses and several fitness iterations ago. I met Billy Blanks back in 1999 when I showed up to be a class member for the taping of some of the Tae Bo live videos. He is a genuinely nice person. What a nice stroll down memory lane!
unfetteredpast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-14, 11:16 AM  
jennstar

Taebo also started me on my fitness journey. I remember begging my dad in high school to order the tapes for me. I worked out to them in my bedroom, and I was pretty fit. I did Core Secrets and used my college gym, then went to Turbo Jam, Cathe, and now...everything! I really credit Billy to starting my fitness life.
jennstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-14, 11:23 AM  
Diana2468

I really like Billy too though I haven't pulled out his workouts recently (I've been doing mostly Leslie). I love the newest series he put out, the Live series. I only like ones without gadgets and prefer his newer releases.
Diana2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-14, 12:30 PM  
muddjeansgal

I suddenly feel the need to check out Tae Bo on Amazon.
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-14, 12:44 PM  
Fidget Queen

If only I could get the Lives! on DVD. I would be in heaven.

I've had the box of the full VHS set and it has been shuffled, packed, unpacked, and mailed back and forth between several of my homes and my parents' different homes (meaning we moved, not that we own several homes each ). Every time I think I'll get rid of them, I just can't let go.

The problem is that the tapes are regularly semi-eaten by the VCRs, and I'm terrified of losing them for good before I manage to get them on another medium.

Taebo always worked extremely fast and well.
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-14, 05:09 AM  
aunatural

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheash92 View Post
Which ones of his newer releases are worth having? Thanks!
I've had it for about 2-3 years so I don't know if you would consider it newer. Taebo Power has a much calmer Billy and the pace is not crazy. It is one of my favorite Taebos.

2014 Goal- Be consistent! Embrace yoga!
aunatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-14, 05:57 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidget Queen View Post
If only I could get the Lives! on DVD. I would be in heaven.

I've had the box of the full VHS set and it has been shuffled, packed, unpacked, and mailed back and forth between several of my homes and my parents' different homes (meaning we moved, not that we own several homes each ). Every time I think I'll get rid of them, I just can't let go.

The problem is that the tapes are regularly semi-eaten by the VCRs, and I'm terrified of losing them for good before I manage to get them on another medium.

Taebo always worked extremely fast and well.
I have asked my kid to transfer all my VHS tapes to dvd and pay him in the process. He can't be "bribed".

I remember going to a lot of stores when VF mentioned that they were selling the Lives. I might just be missing volume 2 of the Advanced Lives.
I agree, the Lives had the best background music.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-14, 04:18 PM  
juberann

I have jumped back unto my TaeBo LoveTrain...I got hooked back in the 90's (probably to the point of obsession) but then explored other workouts. Nothing gets me into shape like TaeBo. Yes, the counting can get annoying(although while I am DOING the workout, it does'nt bother me at all and I am right there counting along) and the uneven reps I wish would stop but, like another member stated and I agree, I love Billy's spirit and ability to motivate so I forgive him. I have TONS of TaeBo and just bought the Ultimate Collection because I wanted some of his most recent workouts. Most of his workouts have the same moves but I feel every new production has an entirely different "energy" that most of them feel new to me.
TaeBo was what got me into the best shape of my life 20 plus years ago so I am praying TB can carry me through menopause, as well. The best part of TaeBo for me is that I never feel "beat up" after a session, sore but never too sore (for me, there is such a thing) and for some reason TaeBo doesn't cause me to be insanely hungry afterwards (most cardio workouts do). Love that these can be picked up cheaply and there are zillions to choose from.
I have such energy after a TB workout, glad I kept them (never do I think about getting rid of my collection because I always go back eventually). Guess for me it's just a "love" that will last forever
Old 09-18-14, 05:54 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I was just on Billy's website and saw a DVD package called PT 24/7. It looks interesting but have any of you ever tried it?
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-14, 06:15 PM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
I was just on Billy's website and saw a DVD package called PT 24/7. It looks interesting but have any of you ever tried it?
It is a set of workouts that use bands and I want to say that they are all around 30 minutes or so.

Tags
billy bands, billy blanks, tae bo, taebo