Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-14, 07:53 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
I think people are Spring Cleaning! Have found some good fines!

Ballet Fitness: Ballet Blast, Jennee
UFit DVDs: Ultra Fit and Ultra Lean
Detox Flow Yoga, Seane Corn

1 riser that will work with my club step or high step

Another DVD Rack; really needed this for all my new DVDs from Collage & Mary sales, Share the Wealth thanks to a couple of VFers and thrift stores! This one is going hide in a closet as running out of room in the workout area!
Aww Pam, I've been hoping for Ballet Fitness for awhile! Enjoy! The Seane Corn one is pretty good. I don't know about the UFits though.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-14, 12:05 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

omg, i had to rush home to post this.

i went to Savers today, mostly to look for a book (The Alchemist - - already read it, but wanted to find a good copy to give as a gift).

i always look at the DVDs too, and i went to the first rack. saw some tae bo, slim series, then a Prevention Better Belly yoga..... then right next to it:

The Bar Method Change Your Body!!! it was in pristine condition!

i looked at the insert (still inside of the case), and recalled that this DVD was released with Accelerated Workout. then i thought "...hmmm i should see if AW is here on the shelf too!" i then looked on the same shelf, knowing that the color of the label should be brown, as shown in the insert of CYB's case.

....didn't see it at first. went to the other rack, and on the lowest shelf, AW was there! also in pristine condition. each DVD was $1.99. can't beat that!

i walked around the store, found a skinny book "101 Essential Yoga Tips."

i went back to the 1st DVD shelf and picked up the Desi Bartlett Yoga DVD since i didn't already own it, and because it would be lonely on the shelf, surrounded by non-fitness DVDs.

earlier in the day, i went to a used book store and bought Gilad's Step and Tone DVD for $5. i can now get rid of my vhs copy. .....now, if i could find his Sculpt and Tone DVD. that would be cool.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-14, 12:50 AM  
Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
omg, i had to rush home to post this.

i went to Savers today, mostly to look for a book (The Alchemist - - already read it, but wanted to find a good copy to give as a gift).

i always look at the DVDs too, and i went to the first rack. saw some tae bo, slim series, then a Prevention Better Belly yoga..... then right next to it:

The Bar Method Change Your Body!!! it was in pristine condition!

i looked at the insert (still inside of the case), and recalled that this DVD was released with Accelerated Workout. then i thought "...hmmm i should see if AW is here on the shelf too!" i then looked on the same shelf, knowing that the color of the label should be brown, as shown in the insert of CYB's case.

....didn't see it at first. went to the other rack, and on the lowest shelf, AW was there! also in pristine condition. each DVD was $1.99. can't beat that!

i walked around the store, found a skinny book "101 Essential Yoga Tips."

i went back to the 1st DVD shelf and picked up the Desi Bartlett Yoga DVD since i didn't already own it, and because it would be lonely on the shelf, surrounded by non-fitness DVDs.

earlier in the day, i went to a used book store and bought Gilad's Step and Tone DVD for $5. i can now get rid of my vhs copy. .....now, if i could find his Sculpt and Tone DVD. that would be cool.
Wow!!! You had a very lucky day!!!
Old 09-14-14, 09:54 AM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
....and because it would be lonely on the shelf, surrounded by non-fitness DVDs.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-14, 01:28 PM  
kmissa

I saw a shrink wrapped firm pink, Tracy Anderson may workout and some used winsor Pilates DVDs. Not great finds like you ladies. I'm still ISO my fanny lifter. If anyone sees on in the NYC tri state area please lmk! Thx
kmissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-14, 12:15 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

found a partial set of containers & lids from the 21 Day Fix kit - just 2 orange, 1 blue, and 1 red. i looked around in the DVD section to see if the DVDs from this set were there, even looked in their glass case..... nada, none, zip.

i bought the containers and a book about reducing cholesterol that i had read from the library and wanted a copy of my own. $4 total bill, plus tax.

a few days before this, i bought Progressive Pilates Core Fitness by Liz Gillies.

these were both from the local Savers store.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 10-31-14, 08:15 AM  
DawnMarie

I recently bought 5 Windsor Pilates VHS at our library for $1.25 total.

2 Leslie DVD's from the library that I didn't already own for $.50 total.

I've wanted to try the Pilates for some time, and keep my VHS player or buy them up at Goodwill. You know, just in case there's a good VHS deal some where.
Old 11-10-14, 04:50 PM  
Kitten

I went to Goodwill on Saturday(my husband and both like poking around in thrift stores, we like finding cool things) and had totally struck out. When there it was, hiding underneath the curtains. A Firm Step Box. For $6.00. After making sure the fold in legs worked properly, I told my husband, "this is going home with us." After paying he asked me exactly what it was we just bought. After a lengthy explanation he said" Oh, its a VF thing, then."
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-14, 10:39 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

at Saver's thrift store - Cathe's Kick Max and a sealed Women's Health Ultimate Abs DVD with Rebecca Kennedy. cathe's ended up being 99¢ because it was 50% off on grey colored tags. . i got the WH DVD for $1.50 because it was 25% off on all other items.

incidentally, they had other WH DVDs that are only sold at the Rodale store, but i had those already. these were 15 Minute Belly Butt & Thighs with Jennifer Widerstrom, and Tone Up Workout with Jennifer Widerstrom and Bethany Lyons.

Old 12-17-14, 12:38 PM  
primrosecat

Well, I just found these 3 at my thrift store. Work it OFF Cardio Sculpt with Tracy york and Michelle Dozois, Work it OFF Cardio Dance with Tracy York and Michelle Dozois.
Also, Crunchless Abs-6-10-minute workouts on 2 dvds (As Seen On TV) by Linda
LaRue. I don't know whether these are a good find or not. Anybody know anything about these? Thanks
primrosecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bargain, thrift store finds, thrift stores, thrift stores finds, thrift stores.