Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-30-14, 02:47 AM  
lrb04

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Fran, let us know what you think also!!!
Beth, Leslie & Jackie* I have pain on demand which I have tried but need to get into gear & review Treat as you Train. I have watch a couple intro sections but have not got into the main parts. It has been a crazy couple weeks but I am determined to get to it this weekend & next week. I need to look at the sections & report as I go along. I need to break my viewing up since I exercise first & will allow time for viewing. I do have all the equipment so I can try what they do as I go along. I will try my best to see it without biased but I must confess I Jill Miller's workouts & have almost all that are available. I enjoy her yoga at home series so much that even though I had levels 2-4, I just received level 1 but that is tune up ball free. I will keep you posted!
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-14, 10:35 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Fran,
As far as the equipment, do you have the single Alpha ball or the twin pack? Mary's site only has the single ball but Amazon only has that size in a twin pack (at more than double the price of the single) as does Jill's site I believe.
Let me know if you think two of that size ball is necessary.

Also please let me know if the plus size of the Therapy Balls is necessary. I have the original ones and would definitely get one or two of the Alpha balls but am curious if the intermediate "plus" size ones are useful and if so for what moves. Thanks.
Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-14, 01:59 AM  
lrb04

Leslie- I have one alpha ball which I did not even try yet!. I think the regular tune up balls are just a tad smaller than plus one. I would think the regular size is enough & the plus size not necessary. Will keep posted as I go along! .
Old 11-06-14, 04:09 PM  
pharma_gal

I have a question regarding her On Demand Pain relief. Does she use the regular balls or the slightly bigger ones? I am planning to get Treat while you train kit during Thanksgiving probably but I would like to use the On Demand DVD until then. Thanks.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-14, 06:16 PM  
lrb04

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
I have a question regarding her On Demand Pain relief. Does she use the regular balls or the slightly bigger ones? I am planning to get Treat while you train kit during Thanksgiving probably but I would like to use the On Demand DVD until then. Thanks.

Regular size balls
Old 11-06-14, 06:33 PM  
lrb04

Jill goes over 7 techniques of using balls- very informative instead of just rolling. Next section they explain myofascial. tissue. Global shear- uses coregeous ball. On abdomen area - with breathing in & out. On chest area- contract & relax with breathing in & out. Pin & spin with coregeous ball. You really need to see the demo to understand different ways you can use the ball. They mention the more skin to balls the better. Without a shirt on is better. The ball is used on back with pin & spin the ball. Pin & spin is force body & move your body. Using a tune up ball on your thigh hold pressure down & turn the ball. The ball is used on hips too.

Next sections - upper torso & shoulder and chest on the first DVD - will try to preview soon.
Old 11-06-14, 07:58 PM  
pharma_gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrb04 View Post
Regular size balls
Thanks so much!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-14, 08:17 PM  
lrb04

on I corrected to myofascial tissues not myocardial! Now that is a BIG difference!
Old 11-07-14, 09:47 AM  
lrb04

My thoughts so far after previewing the shoulder & chest section can be used as a workout too until you get to know all the different moves & can do on your own. The instruction is great & you can do both sides when they talk but as the student did here. They did not tell him to do the other side but many times he did. On Demand you follow along with them but as I remarked you can in this one but it is not as structured for a class. I saw a lot of new moves for the shoulder in this DVD which I am sure to use due to my troubled shoulder. The alpha ball is used here & the plus balls. Jill reminds ladies for chest not to press hard on the breasts & tells of use of the coregeous ball here. This section was 18" long. The student used a wall but they stated the moves can be done on the floor.

the only other section is torso which was 25" & need to look at & will post when I do.
Old 11-08-14, 12:31 AM  
lrb04

torso section on first DVD- 25" I mentioned before you could follow along & do the practice with this one too. Alpha ball, plus balls & also in tote are used. This section is for the spine, neck & shoulder area. Many new twist that are not in ON Demand. I am glad I bought this BTW. After I preview all of second DVD will start using both On Demand & treat as Train in my routine.

Tags
jill miller, kelly starrett, therapy ball, treat while you train, yoga tune up