Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-14-21, 06:55 PM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
I wasn’t expecting to feel sick after the shot, as I haven’t had a reaction to other meditation, but I had the reactions that are more common after the 2nd shot. The extreme exhaustion was the last symptom to disappear. I never had any symptoms of the virus previous to the shot. It was about a week before I worked out.

I am trying to get all client work out before I have the 2nd one. Also meals prepared, etc before I get the 2nd one. But hopefully it will not effect me so much. Has anyone heard of someone having a reaction with the first one, but not the 2nd one?

My dad actually. He called me after his first shot to let me know how it went. I called him after his second one, he said it was nothing compared to the first one.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 07:10 PM  
Pam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
My dad actually. He called me after his first shot to let me know how it went. I called him after his second one, he said it was nothing compared to the first one.
Thanks Kitten for info on how it went for your Dad. I am trying to stay positive how I am going to react to the 2nd shot.
Old 03-14-21, 07:36 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
I wasn’t expecting to feel sick after the shot, as I haven’t had a reaction to other meditation, but I had the reactions that are more common after the 2nd shot. The extreme exhaustion was the last symptom to disappear. I never had any symptoms of the virus previous to the shot. It was about a week before I worked out.

I am trying to get all client work out before I have the 2nd one. Also meals prepared, etc before I get the 2nd one. But hopefully it will not effect me so much. Has anyone heard of someone having a reaction with the first one, but not the 2nd one?
The folks I know who have had reactions to the first shot but not the second have all had CoVid already.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 08:32 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I worked out the day I got the first shot. I didn't have any reaction to the shot at all, not even a particularly sore arm. I get the second shot on Thursday morning and I'm prepared for worse but hoping for better. I probably will work out Thursday afternoon since the side effects supposedly don't start until 12-24 hours afterwards.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 08:36 PM  
bfit

I've had the first shot (Pfizer) but not the second. For the first one I had a sore arm that lasted less than a day, and it was not terribly sore. I've heard from people that I know that after the second shot some people have no reaction, some people are a little tired, and some feel crummy for about 24 hours.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 08:47 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I worked out 365 days last year and am on track for 365 this year. Come hell, high water, aches and pains, fever or chills, I'm not missing a day after my second vaccine.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 08:55 PM  
sweetramona

Quote:
Has anyone heard of someone having a reaction with the first one, but not the 2nd one?
I wasn't as sick as you were, but has a really sore arm and moderate flu-like symptoms with the first shot. Nothing with the second one beyond mild arm soreness. I work in a hospital so know lots of vaccinated people and it seems to be very variable.
sweetramona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 09:09 PM  
shoegoddess

My husband and I both got the Moderna 1st shot in February. My arm was so sore I could barely move it for 3 days. A little fatigued too. Husband had a mildly sore arm. I'm worried about the 2nd shot. But I'm still getting it. I'm so sick and tired of the restrictions.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 09:37 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
The folks I know who have had reactions to the first shot but not the second have all had CoVid already.

Carol

Carol, anecdotally speaking, I agree. My husband had a reaction to shot #1 but not shot #2 and I had suspected at one point that maybe he had a VERY light, almost asymptomatic case of Covid, although there is no knowing for sure.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 09:38 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I worked out 365 days last year and am on track for 365 this year. Come hell, high water, aches and pains, fever or chills, I'm not missing a day after my second vaccine.
You are a HARD-CORE WOMAN, Joni O!!
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid vaccine, covid-19, vaccinations, vaccines