Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-06-21, 05:54 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
This is the wonderful thing about libraries. It looked good enough to try if I didn't have to pay for it. We'll see if it hold my attention once I get to it. (I have a LOT of books on my wish list at the library... )
So true!

I order way too many books at the library and then get overwhelmed when I bring them home because there is no way I can ever read so many books before they are due. I can't help myself - so many books, so little time!

I am almost done with The Elephant in the Room: One Fat Man's Quest to Get Smaller in a Growing America and really like it.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-21, 06:41 AM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
So true!

I am almost done with The Elephant in the Room: One Fat Man's Quest to Get Smaller in a Growing America and really like it.

Erica
This sounds like something I might like. I’m going to see if my library has it.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-21, 07:25 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
This sounds like something I might like. I’m going to see if my library has it.
I hope they do. I got it from the library and am actually thinking about getting my own copy. Anyone who really struggles with food and weight should be able to relate to his story and he shares about the problems that morbidly obese people go through on a daily basis. It was very touching and also inspirational.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-21, 09:02 AM  
Carol K

I just saw yesterday that someone has put Bella Poldark on hold and it's due next Saturday. I have no intention of letting that person wait for months like I did, so I'm going to read the remaining 395 pages by Saturday. I know I can do it, because I read A Suitable Boy (1500 pages) in 3 weeks when there were a dozen people waiting for it.
Old 03-07-21, 07:34 PM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I hope they do. I got it from the library and am actually thinking about getting my own copy. Anyone who really struggles with food and weight should be able to relate to his story and he shares about the problems that morbidly obese people go through on a daily basis. It was very touching and also inspirational.

Erica
Thanks Erica. My library doesn’t have it but another one in the county does so I put it on hold.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-21, 07:47 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

In this thread I saw that Kate and Beth both liked Joyland by Stephen King so I read it and enjoyed it (a library book).
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-21, 08:52 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, glad you liked it! I liked that it had a sweet character story underlying the mystery.

Just started reading The Secret Keeper yesterday.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-21, 09:27 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I really liked Joyland too, although I was in the minority with the rest of my book club. They weren’t keen.

I just finished The Sea Gate, by Jane Johnson and really enjoyed it. It’s our book club selection for April.

I’ve always got a book and an audiobook on the go. My audiobooks are usually light & chick lit-ish, something easy to follow when I’m puttering around the house. Right now I’m into Robyn Carr, listening to The Promise, #5 in the her Thunder Point series. I’m also reading another Robyn Carr, Down by the River, #3 in her Grace Valley series. I tried to get into Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel but it was just too cumbersome. Maybe post Covid I’ll try again as I do love historical fiction, especially British.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 11:23 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
In this thread I saw that Kate and Beth both liked Joyland by Stephen King so I read it and enjoyed it (a library book).
Glad you enjoyed it! I picked up his latest from Hard Case Crime, Later, at Target of all places, but have a lot in line to read ahead of it.

I finished the 3rd in Barbara Bretton's Sugar Maple series, Spun by Sorcery, and it really dragged compared to the first two. There are more ebooks in the series but I will wait to read them. I did enjoy all the knitting talk though.

Also finished the audio of Susan Orlean's The Library Book and enjoyed it, though a lot of the "gee whiz, libraries aren't just big buildings full of books!" tone had me rolling my eyes.

Yesterday I read a great little novella, A Dead Djinn in Cairo by P. Djeli Clark which has been recommended on so many podcasts. It's a tight little mystery set in a fantasy steampunk version of 1910's Cairo. The worldbuilding is incredible, especially in only about 50 pages.

My audio hold of Daring Greatly by Brene Brown just came in this morning. Undecided on the next print book in the TBR stack.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 11:28 AM  
Carol K

I finished Bella Poldark and have started Night.Sleep.Death.The Stars by Joyce Carol Oates.

Tags
audiobooks, books, kindle, reading, spring reading