Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-23-20, 09:52 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Just wanted to chime in to say that nuts.com is awesome. I received a gift of a variety of items from them that were delicious. I've started ordering from them, too.

I've given Penzeys spices gifts for the cooks/bakers in my life as their spices are high quality.

Also want to mention that many sellers on Etsy sell food gifts. I sent my mom some Eastern European baked goods from a seller in NY (can't remember the shop name!) for mother's day and she loved the gift. Just check the reviews! I find that the smaller businesses that sell on Etsy give a more personal touch.
I heard about nuts.com from vf at the beginning of the pandemic -- they are great!

And funny enough, I was just given some Penzey spice mixes which seem great. My friend raves about them.
Old 10-23-20, 10:08 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I heard about nuts.com from vf at the beginning of the pandemic -- they are great!

And funny enough, I was just given some Penzey spice mixes which seem great. My friend raves about them.
Another nuts.com fan. I’ve also ordered various baskets and turkey/ham combos with success from Sam’s Club. Locally we love chocolate from Gertrude Hawk. You can order it online. We have received Edible Arrangements bouquets as gifts. All were delicious. Great thread. Hoping to get some ideas.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 10:46 PM  
Sand

I have gotten so many people hooked on Penzeys! They even have a great hot chocolate mix. A lot of people don't like it, but I think they're used to the commercial stuff with strange ingredients. I love hot chocolate and will often splurge on a variety of brands during the cold weather.

Closer to the holidays Murdick's Fudge has a larger selection. I was once given a gift basket of about ten different fudge, their caramel corn, peanut brittle and taffy. Everything was delicious and it froze well! https://murdicks.com

I grew up loving cajeta. For a fancy variety try Fat Toad Farm: https://www.fattoadfarm.com/store/

Before making my own hot fudge sauce, I would splurge on COOP'S MicroCreamery Hot Fudge: https://www.coopsmicrocreamery.com
Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 12:31 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I like Harry & David for fruit. They have other stuff too.
my mom got this from one of the neighbors. it was a subscription and she received 1 box of fruit a month. additionally, it was sent from somewhere on the mainland to Hawaii each month. the fruits were fresh, wrapped securely, and delicious.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 01:36 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
my mom got this from one of the neighbors. it was a subscription and she received 1 box of fruit a month. additionally, it was sent from somewhere on the mainland to Hawaii each month. the fruits were fresh, wrapped securely, and delicious.
We have also used Harry and David’s but mainly for their pear gift boxes when there is a special deal.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 02:19 AM  
Gams

Thanks for all the great ideas. I hadn’t heard about many of these places and really want to try something new.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 03:53 AM  
BunnyHop

Here's another I've heard of: https://www.garrettpopcorn.com/

Haven't had the chance to try it myself, though.
Old 10-24-20, 04:02 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Thanks for all the great ideas. I hadn’t heard about many of these places and really want to try something new.
same here.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 06:09 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Here's another I've heard of: https://www.garrettpopcorn.com/

Haven't had the chance to try it myself, though.
OH MY GOSH!!! You can order this? I've only ever had it when I had a layover at O'Hares!
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 06:37 AM  
Erica H.

This is such a great thread!

I've also heard great things about Fisher's popcorn, but haven't ordered from them

https://fisherspopcorn.com/

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catalog, food gifts, gift ideas, gifts, holiday gifts, off topic, off-topic, old thread alert