Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-10-20, 11:45 AM  
IceQueen07

I did the high impact one this morning. Way too many burpees/squat thrusts. I can handle maybe one set, but it seemed like almost every combo had some form of one. I did use my step to help, but I will probably not use this one again. Haven't tried the low impact one yet.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-20, 03:38 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one who is sick of HiiT. I also have a bee in my bonnett w/ the cheap cases.
I’m not much into hiit either but got the dvd, haven’t opened it yet

I’ve been focusing more on “fun” cardio like step and kickbox. I hope Cathe comes out with something more fun the next time.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-20, 07:07 PM  
katmom

I modified the burpees and squat thrusts by using my high step and then raising my arms over my head coming up on my toes as if I was jumping at the end of the movement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsCzOdZ_kpY
Old 11-11-20, 07:36 AM  
Rhonda

That is one reason why I have even looked at high impact HIIT. all the reviews say there are a ton of burpees, squat thrusts and I don't like doing them. maybe one set and that is it so this is a workout I probably will never do.

I did enjoy the low impact HIIT workout.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 08:01 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I gave the cardio DVD to a friend of mine without even opening it. Cathe cardio is too much for me these days. Knew that when I ordered the set. I've since gotten rid of the Yoga/Mobility and I don't do lower body because of my knees, so I got a somewhat decent upper body workout for the price of the set.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 12:02 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I gave away the Mobility dvd also. It's more of a workout than I want for mobility. I was hoping it would be much more relaxed like a recovery workout.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 01:14 PM  
Hsim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Maybe if you use the premixes that do half and half of the high and low impact, you’ll like it more?
This! I half a**ed around with this workout a little last night. I think I will do the premix that is the second half and some of the bonus cardio. I especially did not like some of those beginning sets. There was burpees (which I can do) but then there were a lot of changes so between the up and downs and trying to see the other moves she was doing was a little too much for me. I tend to dislike workouts where a move is done a few times and then there is a change. I need more reps.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 07:54 PM  
Messe

I’m late to the Perfect 30 party. I didn’t order the cardio DVD because I never do Cathe’s cardio. Here are my impressions of the other two.

Perfect Flow: I bought this one for Mobility Basics because I thought it would complement Lauren Brooks’ mobility workouts on her Playground. It does, and I’m really glad I bought it. I’m meh so far about Yoga Strength & Flexibility (and yoga in general), but I’m sure I’ll be able to use some of the premixes.

Perfect Pump: The workouts aren’t my favorites, but I know I’ll make good use of the premixes. Someone upthread commented on the amount of equipment Cathe used in these. I’ll definitely be customizing my workouts so they won’t require so much stuff!

Fluffy stuff: I love the backdrop! And the workout clothes!

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 06:52 PM  
katmom

I may be in the minority, but Perfect 30 has been great purchase for me. I enjoy all the workouts in this set.
Old 11-15-20, 08:57 PM  
gigi

Now that I've done these a few times, the Perfect Pump workouts seem so rushed. I will use them on and off. I do like the Basic Mobility but I will be interested to see how often I use it. I have yet to try the yoga workouts. The "lower" not "low" impact cardio is quite good. I have not done the higher impact workouts.

I like these o.k. but I've decided they are just o.k. in my opinion. I enjoy some of her lives a lot better.

Tags
cathe, cathe perfect30, dumbbell size, heels elevated, mbf, perfect 30, perfect flow, perfect30, perfect30 reviews