Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-22-16, 11:09 AM  
nevertoolate

Favorite Margaret Richard DVDs?

I'm doing a Classical Stretch/Margaret Richards/Jessica Smith rotation. I have one disc from the Unplugged 1900 series and really like Margaret. I ordered the rest of 1900 and the 2000 Unplugged series at the last sale. I haven't received them yet. I've read all the recent Margaret threads and really want to add a few more to my collection at the next good sale. (And BTW, I don't find the Unplugged workouts too beginner at all. Maybe you could say they're less strenuous because they're short? Anyway, I thought my legs were going to break off during one of them. Yikes! )

So to all you Margaret Richards fans, what are your three most favorite Margaret DVDs? And why, if you want to elaborate?

Thanks very much!

Yours in fitness and health,

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-16, 11:29 AM  
PennyK

My favorites are the unplugged series 1900 & 2000, Fitness Becomes You, and High Voltage from the Classics. The unplugged series and FBY are favorites because of the length and outdoor setting (have not done all episodes/FBY not all outdoor). High Voltage is a favorite because it was my first Margaret. I also just really like her calmness. I actually have a few others that I haven't tried and after reading the recent thread I have a list of nine more I want.

ETA: Your rotation sounds great! I am also a huge fan of CS/Essentrics and Leslie/Jessica and think those together with Margaret make a triple threat!
PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-16, 02:38 PM  
spotted zebra

When people say which Margaret programs are their favourites I often wonder in what context and compared to what other programs they have of hers.

Good thread. I'm curious what others will say.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-16, 05:51 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

My favorites are Getting Better, Perfect 10, and High Voltage and Forty & Fabulous from the Classics DVD. I just bought some Unpluggeds but haven't tried them yet, need to do that.

I actually don't mind her old Body Electric workout from the Classics DVD either but I prefer the other two and do those more often.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-16, 02:06 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Sculpture!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-16, 09:19 AM  
PennyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK View Post
My favorites are the unplugged series 1900 & 2000, Fitness Becomes You, and High Voltage from the Classics. The unplugged series and FBY are favorites because of the length and outdoor setting (have not done all episodes/FBY not all outdoor). High Voltage is a favorite because it was my first Margaret. I also just really like her calmness. I actually have a few others that I haven't tried and after reading the recent thread I have a list of nine more I want.

ETA: Your rotation sounds great! I am also a huge fan of CS/Essentrics and Leslie/Jessica and think those together with Margaret make a triple threat!
Spotted Zebra made a good point. I want to clarify that my favorites are actually the only ones I have done and I like them all.
PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-16, 02:23 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
I want to clarify that my favorites are actually the only ones I have done and I like them all.
I hear you. All the ones I have now (which aren't that many) are my favourites. I'm delaying my answer on this thread because after the rest arrive I want to see if things change on the favourites front. Just goes to show how amazing Margaret is, that we love all the ones we've done from her so far.
Old 06-23-16, 08:38 PM  
nevertoolate

Quote:
Spotted Zebra made a good point. I want to clarify that my favorites are actually the only ones I have done and I like them all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
I hear you! All the ones I have now (which aren't that many) are my favourites. I'm delaying my answer on this thread because after the rest arrive I want to see if things change on the favourites front. Just goes to show how amazing Margaret is, that we love all the ones we've done from her so far.
Thanks for your feedback. Interesting perspective that your favorites are all the ones you have! I hope more people share specifics. Margaret has so many dvds. I'd like to get a few more at her next sale, but I have to narrow down my choices. I like being able to break a workout into 30 minute or so sections. And I love the outdoor settings. ..

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-16, 10:27 PM  
spotted zebra

I'm looking forward to doing more of her outdoor programs, if and when they ever get here. My MR collection was in dire need of updating since it has been years since I bought anything from her. I borrowed Unplugged 1900 Vol 1 from someone and am loving it! For more outdoor programs besides the Unpluggeds, have you looked at the clips and reviews of Good 'n Strong and Good for You? People have raved about Good 'n Strong and Good for You in threads. I put them in my first order (early June sale) but haven't received them yet.
Old 06-24-16, 05:17 AM  
Cher

I'm curious as to what everyone has to say too. I just bought her 1900 Unplugged set during her Father's Day sale but haven't gotten it yet so I can't really give my opinion yet. I did have her Sculpture vhs and Beauty to th Bone vhs years ago and remember liking them but traded them for Cathe workouts which I was more into back then. I will probably end up getting them again eventually.

Spotted Zebra, I'm glad to hear you are loving the dvd you borrowed from the 1900 Unplugged set. I can't wait for mine to get here...it shpped Tuesday so hopefully soon.

I'll post my thoughts when I get it. Hopefully it's before her next sale.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body electric, favorite margaret richard, good 'n strong, margaret richard, margaret richard sale, margaret richards, unplugged