Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-24-17, 10:41 AM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Instant Pot users Deal of the Day

I missed the Black Friday sale price because I was happy enough with my crock pot which has subsequently stopped working. So now I am back on to considering purchasing one.

I missed the sale price but today the Deal of the Day is a different model but I'm not 100% sure if the differences are substantial and I should just purchase the original.

Can anyone tell me what if, based on what is different, if I should buy the original or this newer model?

Thanks.

This one:

https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-I...f_rd_i=desktop

vs

https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-I...f_rd_i=desktop

Thanks for any input.
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-17, 11:38 AM  
sherry7899

I've passed up good deals on the Insta Pot about four times. I keep telling myself I don't need it. I hope I'm not tempted again this time Thanks for posting. I am curious about the difference also.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-17, 12:36 PM  
Kathleen Ann

Click on either one and scroll to the bottom. A comparison is given for those two models and others.
Old 01-24-17, 12:41 PM  
Kathleen Ann

I just got one at Costco for $74.99 that has the canning feature. A Fusion Life Brand.
I can't wait to can my tomatos and peppers from my garden. They use to all go to waist.
Old 01-24-17, 01:06 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Ann View Post
I just got one at Costco for $74.99 that has the canning feature. A Fusion Life Brand.
I can't wait to can my tomatos and peppers from my garden. They use to all go to waist.
Oh might take a look there.
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-17, 01:10 PM  
gladgirl

Thanks, hedygs.
I feel like Sherry...I am so interested in this but have not yet pulled the trigger.

Mainly because my family always thought slow cooker food had a "funky-weird" flavor no matter what was cooked! These have stainless inner pots, so I hoped that would mean no funkiness in flavor.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-17, 01:47 PM  
Lannette

I love my instant pot. Ours is a basic model but I use it more than my stove or microwave.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-17, 01:51 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post
Thanks, hedygs.
I feel like Sherry...I am so interested in this but have not yet pulled the trigger.

Mainly because my family always thought slow cooker food had a "funky-weird" flavor no matter what was cooked! These have stainless inner pots, so I hoped that would mean no funkiness in flavor.
I use my Instant Pot's slow cooker function often and prefer it to a regular slow cooker. First of all, you can saute or brown right in the IP and then add remaining ingredients. It cooks faster and keeps food warm when the cooking time is up. And IMO, it tastes better. To me, the food gets infused with the seasonings you put in, whereas with a slow cooker it has a flat and boiled taste.

My model is the older one going for $99 in that link. When it arrived last December my DH was skeptical it was going to be another unused gadget, but I use it almost every day and sometimes 2-3X daily.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-17, 02:12 PM  
gladgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I use my Instant Pot's slow cooker function often and prefer it to a regular slow cooker. First of all, you can saute or brown right in the IP and then add remaining ingredients. It cooks faster and keeps food warm when the cooking time is up. And IMO, it tastes better. To me, the food gets infused with the seasonings you put in, whereas with a slow cooker it has a flat and boiled taste.

My model is the older one going for $99 in that link. When it arrived last December my DH was skeptical it was going to be another unused gadget, but I use it almost every day and sometimes 2-3X daily.
Thank you and SOLD!!!!
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-17, 03:09 PM  
Malia

I like to make a lot of soups/stews in the winter. A few of my recipes I have to stir every 5-10 minutes (corn chowder as an example) because the corn will settle on the bottom and burn to the pan. If I get this can I really assemble my ingredients and leave it alone? It won't burn?
Malia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
instant pot