Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-14, 11:51 AM  
PennyK

Feet exercises?

Is anyone doing any special exercises or massage for their feet? Sometimes i think they just need a little extra attention. I know of Stacey Lei Krauss' Sole Training download from her site The Willpower Method, Dr. Emily Splichal has the Stiletto Recovery and Catwalk Confidence dvds, and Jill Millers Yoga Tune Up QuickFix Rx Lower Body Series. Does anyone have and use these? I do have and love the feet exercises in Classical Stretch.
PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 12:19 PM  
BunnyHop

I like the MELT Method hand and foot work. Nice stuff.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 12:36 PM  
Demeris

In addition to the Catwalk Confidence foot segment and all that foot work in CS/Essentrics, I love the foot & hand t-tapp dvd. She also incorporates foot work in her first t-tapp warm-up stretches dvd.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 12:39 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

In Peak Performance Fitness by Jennifer Rhodes, she has an exercise called Towel Grabs. While seated, place a small towel under your feet. Grab the towel and release it one hundred times. Your toes should be curling completely under for each repetition.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 12:54 PM  
prettyinpink

Katy Bowman has some suggestions in her book on feet. It's a good book.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 02:45 PM  
marya

My go-to DVDs for footwork are T-Tapp Finger and Foot Fitness and Katy Bowman's Restorative Exercise for Foot Pain. The Bowman DVD came with a half-foam roller to substitute for a curb/step when stretching the soleus and calf muscles.

I also bought a device called yoga toes, but I've never used it-- too big to fit between my toes. Many people have reported excellent results with yoga toes, though. http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server37...0.1280.jpg?c=2
marya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 02:52 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I have suffered off and on from plantar fasciitis. I have used Dr Emily's Stiletto Recovery and find the exercises effective. I love my yoga toes and wear them for about an hour almost every night, my feet feel great after. I also have these balance pods that I use in bare feet, they massage and stretch my feet so well. I use them in the first thing in the morning and at night. http://www.amazon.com/j-fit-Balance-...ance+pods+pair
I use my JumpSport rebounder in bare feet and find it's a great way to work and stretch my feet.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 03:14 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

I have a pair of YogaToes that I used exactly once (ok...twice...the second time I just took them off.) I found that they didn't do much for me probably because I regularly wear Vibram Five Finger shoes. If you want them, PM me.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 03:42 PM  
Maryan, Paris
VF Supporter

Great thread ! I have Morton's Neuroma and now heel problems and wear orthotics. I'm definitely interested in recommendations and info.
Maryan, Paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 04:46 PM  
slysam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
In addition to the Catwalk Confidence foot segment and all that foot work in CS/Essentrics, I love the foot & hand t-tapp dvd. She also incorporates foot work in her first t-tapp warm-up stretches dvd.
You may be interested to see that a portion of the Stiletto Recovery is posted on the instructor's YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-gTi...52CNfCrg76cxHQ
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feet exercises, feet workouts, half foam roller, jennifer rhodes, stiletto recovery, yamuna