Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-14, 12:46 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

JM Body Revolution impact & fat loss ?

How much impact is there in this set, and is it useful for fat loss?
Old 07-06-14, 01:04 PM  
dnna

ha!I just posted a trade list looking for Jillian. I just completed my 3rd round of JMBR, and hit the same wall at weeks 9 and 10. The wrist pain was too much. She has you do -example- plank to plank row and plank twist. I felt I could not modify those weeks. and I was so bummed.
that said, i was thrilled with weeks 1 through 8, and easily modified any cardio that was too high impact ( jumping jacks, burpees)
I had great results, my back and midsection are much improved and easily a pant size down. I did do a Firm Express when I had the energy to add on, but not every day. I did add on a real stretch.
I am experimentlng with her older stuff now, before I transition to another type of rotation. I love her stuff though, good results, fast, furious and fun. time flies by
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 01:26 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

There's lots of impact in this set, and Jillian makes you feel like a wimp for modifying. There is no modifier.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 01:48 PM  
dnna

I did not feel like a wimp at all. every morning I was happy to put in the disc and say-ok Jillian bring it. I felt I was indeed a bad***. and at 64, not a bad feeling at all,
but I do know when I need to modify, and I never ever feel bad about doing so. I felt very empowered doing JMBR and I was really happy during the rotation ( until I got to 9 and 10)
but I know Jillian is not for everyone. I have no idea why this set was so successful and fun to me, as I have read other reviews that people really dislike her and the crew and -everything.
This was my most successful rotation, after Slim Series.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 01:49 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
I did not feel like a wimp at all. every morning I was happy to put in the disc and say-ok Jillian bring it. I felt I was indeed a bad***. and at 64, not a bad feeling at all,
but I do know when I need to modify, and I never ever feel bad about doing so. I felt very empowered doing JMBR and I was really happy during the rotation ( until I got to 9 and 10)
but I know Jillian is not for everyone. I have no idea why this set was so successful and fun to me, as I have read other reviews that people really dislike her and the crew and -everything.
This was my most successful rotation, after Slim Series.
I should have said Jillian tries to make you feel like a wimp if you modify (because she's trying to push you to work harder) ... She didn't make me feel like a wimp, I just told her what I thought about her, right to her face. Her TV face that is.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 02:16 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Can anyone give me a general description of what the workouts are like? The only Jillian I have is her lower body dvd.
Old 07-06-14, 02:29 PM  
Emily B
VF Supporter

I am loving this set. I just finished week 3, and I just tried on skirts that haven't fit since before I had my last baby 2 1/2 years ago, and they fit. Granted, I could get them zipped before, so it's not like I've gone down two sizes in three weeks, but they were tight and unwearable before. I'm never one to expect a huge change because I know I'm close to where my body likes to be (unless I majorly diet), but I feel good with these.

The workouts are divided into front of the body and back of the body weight workouts with cardio intervals and then separate cardio workouts. I'm able to use 15 and even 20 pounds on some exercises in this first phase, although I've read that people can't go as heavy in subsequent levels. I like these so much more than any other Jillian workouts. I know I haven't hit the hard stuff yet, so maybe I'll have a different opinion in a few weeks, but I love these right now. I like how the workouts (except for the cardio) change every two weeks because I don't get bored with the same workout over and over. I also like her background crew. So far the impact hasn't been bad, but I'm sure that will change in the weeks to come. The 30 minute format is perfect for me.