Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-16-21, 10:45 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by star117 View Post
The just really were distracting to me and I can't really explain why, but I didn't think they were necessary and they annoyed me HA Are the dvds the exact same walks that were on the YT videos? If so, I'm going to pass...even though I really like that map!
i wondered too if other people had any negative feedback about this series.

i can understand why voiceover is used - it's easier to add to the video track if you're filming outdoors - otherwise, the mic might not pick up. it is possible - Gilad films live outdoors using a mic, and his voice is loud and clear.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-21, 03:47 AM  
Gams

The voiceover doesn’t bother me. For one thing, she hardly says anything. I’ll have to do another one to be sure, but doesn’t she only say two words between sections - like “Section 2”? And then at the end she says what state is coming up next, but that’s after the workout is over so you can stop playing the DVD before that.

I also admit I haven’t even noticed which locations have been sunny or cloudy.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-21, 06:48 AM  
BamaTanya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Gemini, your review is very important and and can save folks' money!

If I read reviews that say, "Boring" or "Too many form pointers" or "Not enough choreography" - that grabs my attention right away!

What a great idea! Err, could he makes us a list with those dates???
I found this list. Hope it's accurate. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...n_to_the_Union
BamaTanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-21, 07:14 AM  
BamaTanya

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Yes!! ^^ALL This +1

"Repetitive"
Me: "Oh I could learn this one.."

" Too easy" or "not intense"
Me: "Oh, my level!"
Exactly my thinking!

I get so annoyed when I read negative Amazon reviews for beginner workouts that complain, "It's too easy!" My response is, "Then it's not FOR YOU. It's FOR ME!"
BamaTanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-21, 10:43 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaTanya View Post
I found this list. Hope it's accurate. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...n_to_the_Union
Thank you! (Obviously, I was too lazy to do it myself...)

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 09:15 AM  
MJ525

I ordered, I wanted t support Jenny and Mary, so I got them from Mary. I was going to complete them in alphabetical order, but I do like the idea of completing them as they became sates.
MJ525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 04:46 PM  
LAC

Today I did the Delaware walk and I have to say this is one I wouldn't bother to revisit (the workout, not the state). The scenery - next to a brick building, on a brick sidewalk, on a street with random traffic - was not interesting to me. But I guess out of 50 walks, there are bound to be a few I'll feel that way about.

It popped into my head today that Jenny's walking moves seem more similar to the old Gaiam/Madeleine Lewis Cardio Burn walking workout than to a Leslie Sansone walking workout. Anybody else get that vibe?
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 05:46 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
Today I did the Delaware walk and I have to say this is one I wouldn't bother to revisit (the workout, not the state). The scenery - next to a brick building, on a brick sidewalk, on a street with random traffic - was not interesting to me. But I guess out of 50 walks, there are bound to be a few I'll feel that way about.

It popped into my head today that Jenny's walking moves seem more similar to the old Gaiam/Madeleine Lewis Cardio Burn walking workout than to a Leslie Sansone walking workout. Anybody else get that vibe?
LAC, such a cute avatar. I have a similar pic with my orange tabby! I hope you don't mind, but I copied you.
Old 04-19-21, 10:54 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
I recently spoke to Jenny's husband about an order issue. We spoke about the set for probably 20 minutes. He told me about some of the filming issues.

I think they weren't always able to get the permits they needed for some states' locations. I can't imagine some of the bureaucracy that they had to deal with.

My favorite so far is Monument Valley in Arizona. I've been there IRL and it is so breathtaking!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-21, 11:31 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
LAC, such a cute avatar. I have a similar pic with my orange tabby! I hope you don't mind, but I copied you.
ooo, i wish i could copy you two too! my cat is so skiddish and stand-offish. she's too independent.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jenny ford, mindless workouts, outdoor settings, outdoor workouts, walk across america, walking workouts