Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-08-20, 07:40 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I hadn't thought of getting them altered, but I guess at this point, it's worth considering. I was also thinking of maternity jeans, but then I thought, my gosh I must be the only one in the world considering this!

I have been able to lose about 5 pounds in the past month (Cathe Live and tracking calories), but it's all been in my hips/thighs/butt, nothing at all in my waist, and I'm thinking it's just going to be like this for the duration, so I better figure out something to wear other than my shorts, considering we could have snow here in a few weeks! Ugh.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-20, 07:43 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I have the opposite problem from you with jeans, but I know the struggle to find a pair of good fitting jeans! I found this article that might help you with some ideas.

https://jeanius.io/jeans-reviews/bes...d-skinny-legs/

Also, I have a pair of "boyfriend" style jeans from Kut from the Kloth and although they fit my legs and thighs, they have too much room in the waist for me. Maybe you should look into a boyfriend fit jean? Good luck!
Gosh, that link is awesome!!! Thanks! It has each jean on it that I've been considering.

Thanks to all with suggestions, perimenopause sucks!
Old 10-08-20, 07:43 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I hear you on the meno-pot! Ugh, I miss having a waist! I found buying pull on jeans work the best for me with lots of stretch.

I took a chance on a new to me brand from HSN. I used to love their DG2 jeans but I think Iman’s jeans fit much better and are more stylish! I bought two pairs and loved them so much I went back for three more because I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to order them again!

https://www.hsn.com/products/iman-gl...y-jean/9407948

I bought two dark denim, two medium denim, and a light denim. I ordered up a size to make sure they would make it up my hips but you could probably order your usual size.

I think the colors are more of a tighter twill material. You would probably have better luck with the denims for stretch. I gathered that from the reviews. Try one pair first to make sure they fit and if they don’t you can just return them. ETA: I bought the skinny jeans.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-20, 06:25 PM  
NancyW

I've always been thicker through the waist and have no hips. I love my straight leg levi's 505 jeans. They sell them at Kohl's.
NancyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-20, 07:49 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quick update for anyone else with my menopot jean problem:

The suggestion for Levi's 505 straight leg worked out well -- I found a really stretchy pair on Amazon and the 14s fit like a dream (even a bit big). I'm totally ordering more of these!

I also took a chance on the Democracy "Ab"solution bootcut jeans and LOVE them. I ordered a 12 since they are quite stretchy and these are outstanding. Probably the best jeans I've ever owned. I'm ordering the straight jeggings right now to accompany these. (Sizing down in these really helped my confidence too!)

The HSN jeans haven't arrived yet but hopefully soon.

No success with Old Navy jeans sadly, these used to be my go-to for years! Now they're odd looking in the hips and frumpy in the 16s that fit my waist.
Old 10-14-20, 08:10 PM  
fanofladyvols

Lori, that's fantastic news! Clothes that fit well are a wonderful confidence boost.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-20, 08:25 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Lori, that's fantastic news! Clothes that fit well are a wonderful confidence boost.
Thanks, Linda! You always make my day
Old 10-15-20, 01:01 AM  
NancyW

I'm so glad you like them. I've been buying them for years.
I've had good luck with Talbots for casual pants. They have a similar fit.
Nancy
NancyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-20, 07:55 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
I'm so glad you like them. I've been buying them for years.
I've had good luck with Talbots for casual pants. They have a similar fit.
Nancy
Thanks, Nancy! I had not considered straight leg before. I haven't tried Talbot's before, but I will need some dress pants sooner than later.
Old 10-15-20, 09:02 AM  
Terry

I don't know if this is still true, but back in the "old days", pants were Juniors with odd numbers and Misses (sp?) with even numbers.

The labeling made it sound like Juniors were for teens and Misses for adults, so the Junior and Misses styles were teen vs adult and they were stocked in teen vs adult departments. The fact was that Juniors were for females with larger waists/smaller butts and thighs while Misses were for smaller waists/larger butts and thighs. These body ratios had nothing to do with a person's age.

A flat butter adult like me, without yet knowing any better, would try to find an adult-looking pair of pants or a skirt in Misses when all the Junior stuff was about pants with holes and tears in them and skirts that belonged on cheerleaders. We'd finally find a pair that sort of fit the butt, but the waist would be WAY too tiny. Lesson learned: Apparently "they" wanted "Junior" women to dress like teens, and hour-glass teens to get made fun of for dressing like old ladies. (And don't get me started on: They want women with A and Almost B cup sizes to go bra-less.)
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jeans, menopause, menopot, pants, perimenopause, perimenopause weight gain