Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-25-17, 09:48 PM  
rcmims

Metashred

Hi, could anyone give their thoughts, and results from the metashred extreme set. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
rcmims
rcmims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-17, 07:23 AM  
adrien_73

I completed 5 rounds (10 weeks) and I LOVED it!!!! I have been exercising regularly for 26 years and have never been able to stick with a rotation, so that is a big accomplishment for me. I will add that I did not do the "finishers" at the end of each workout.

I cannot give a lot of detail because I haven't done it in several weeks, but the routines are very well structured and varried from week to week. I like the use of the bands and that it combined traditional dumbell work, band work and cardio.

In contrast, completing this system motivated me to try a Hammer & Chisel rotation. These have way too much leg and shoulder work, and as prescribed I felt were too many consecutive strength days. After 2 weeks I messed up my shoulder so badly I have not been able to lift for two weeks and am still in pain.

Metashred Extreme felt challenging and I did get DOMS from several routines but I never felt overworked. There were some routines I looked forward to more than others, but overall I liked them all & DBF said he could tell it was working and I looked great! ...and that's what really counts!

ETA: I should mention that I did add in extra cardio, mostly Leslies, rebounding or spinning for 30 min. after each session & hour long sessions on off days.
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-17, 07:53 AM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
I did an extended version where I added in a cardio day between each Metashred day. I think I ended up doing each workout twice and then I lost interest. I liked them on the first go round. Liked them less but still liked them on the second go round but other workouts (mostly Cathe and Cathe Live) were more appealing and I haven't gone back to Metashred.

I was not a fan of his sense of humor. I like Sean T and Tony Horton, but he crossed a line into creepy for me.

The workouts are challenging but not killer. It's been about a month, so I don't remember anything specific.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-17, 10:43 AM  
rcmims

Thank you everyone for comments. I just wonder the workouts are worth the price.
Thank you! rcmims
rcmims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-17, 01:21 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Adrien, did you use those occlusion bands? I'm totally weirded out by the idea of them.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-17, 02:45 PM  
adrien_73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
Adrien, did you use those occlusion bands? I'm totally weirded out by the idea of them.
Hi Pratima!

No, those were only used in the "Finishers". They are only 10 min. segments so I did not feel guilty skipping them!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-17, 08:41 AM  
upperwside

I think a group of frat boys produced, filmed and edited this set. No prude here what-so-ever.. but BJ was creepy!!

I did not love the workouts.. not what I was expecting them to be.. I thought they would be more muscle building. I liked the first lower body one..
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-17, 11:36 AM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
I think a group of frat boys produced, filmed and edited this set. No prude here what-so-ever.. but BJ was creepy!!

I did not love the workouts.. not what I was expecting them to be.. I thought they would be more muscle building. I liked the first lower body one..
Is this the 21 Day you're talking about or Extreme?

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-17, 12:07 PM  
upperwside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
I did an extended version where I added in a cardio day between each Metashred day. I think I ended up doing each workout twice and then I lost interest. I liked them on the first go round. Liked them less but still liked them on the second go round but other workouts (mostly Cathe and Cathe Live) were more appealing and I haven't gone back to Metashred.

I was not a fan of his sense of humor. I like Sean T and Tony Horton, but he crossed a line into creepy for me.

The workouts are challenging but not killer. It's been about a month, so I don't remember anything specific.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
Is this the 21 Day you're talking about or Extreme?
Extreme
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote