Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-14, 08:56 AM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
Been looking around and no, I don't think they are new, just new to Collage. Amazon actually carries the 3-DVD set for $25.62. I never did buy myself a birthday present Too bad it's Labor Day weekend and shipping is slowed down!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CFB6TTI/...I2G5TNBG4IIWR0
You may be surprised. I've ordered from Amazon on a Friday and received my package on Saturday. I've also received packages on Sunday a couple of times.
Old 08-29-14, 09:00 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
Ha! I'm not that organized yet. I did Body Sculpt on Day 1, Yoga Energy Flow on Day 2, and Pilates Plus on Day 3. Today is Day 4 and I will do Cardio Pure Intensity today. I just purchased Lean and Toned and that will be in the mix once I get it.

I have Thighs and Glutes but I don't see doing the entire thing at once because I prefer total body workouts, so I foresee doing a day with 2 sections of this + Pilates Plus plank/mat + Body Sculpt upper body weights. I found Body Sculpt pretty easy overall but I think the weights added in after a 10 minute mat segment would be a nice upper body workout to add to 20-30 minutes of lower body.

I was kind of thinking about doing Core Fusion M-F and then doing Pilates or random workout of choice on weekends. I think this will help me feel like I'm not missing out on other workouts like I often do when I start a rotation, and then I just start doing random stuff and never get anywhere.
Thanks!! I prefer total body too and often mix and match sections from the different dvds. I like that Thighs & Glutes/Pilates Plus plank/mat and BS upper body weights combo a lot! I'm going to try that one out this week-end I think.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-14, 09:02 AM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
You may be surprised. I've ordered from Amazon on a Friday and received my package on Saturday. I've also received packages on Sunday a couple of times.
We'll see, maybe I'll get lucky, but I don't expect these until Tuesday at the earliest. Estimated delivery is Wednesday. Most DVD's from Amazon come USPS, and the PO is closed Monday.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-14, 06:59 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Stott has clips from most of their DVDs on their site and descriptions that include all of the moves on Pilates ones. Mostly their clips are a segment all from one part rather than jumping around by their newer clips are longer running around two minutes.

They've been expanding their franchise into some related and fusion area and have put out a lot of new DVDs in the last few years. Most are not 'pure' Pilates but there are a lot of interesting things on their site, but I tend to be more of a purist since I've done studio Romana-style Pilates for more than a decade. Amazon carries some but not all of the available Stott DVDs. The 'instructor' DVDs can be expensive.

I like the walking DVDs. The Secret to Weight Loss DVDs 1 and 2 are the easiest with warm ups that are more ROM and beginner mat work after the walks, though mat is all form so as hard as you make it. Vol. 1 is very basic but good for a bad day or to warm up. The two Walk On DVDs just have a walk but are a bit longer cardio. Walk On to Total Fitness is the one that doesn't come in the Weight Loss three-pack. It's the shorter of those two at about 30 minutes but faster paced. There's a two-pack of the Walk Ons. PJ O'Clair leads all of them but Moira is in them and often chatty. None of these are more than low intermediate done all out but they're my favorite walking workouts.

I also like Matwork Flow With Weights and Total Body Toning weighted ball DVD, though I just do the 25 minute upper body routine.

I just got the four different Armchair Pilates DVDs since I injured a knee and my studio instructor is gone for a month. I've just previewed but like the looks of all. Again, if you know Pilates you can make things harder or easier with form and level of move.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-14, 07:24 PM  
sunday

They are not new. I have both Zenga workouts they have, and they're not bad for a light day.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-14, 08:21 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

They show a 'street' date of 2012.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
merrithew, stott pilates, zenga