Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-25-14, 01:23 PM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
None of those are feasible for me. I don't have long limbs. I also don't want to go to extremes to obtain low body fat at this point in life.
Oh, me either, ha ha! I'm only 5'2 with short legs. I could never look like them, but I think they're beautiful and inspiring to look at. I just have always loved pictures of beautiful bodies, even if they're not attainable for me.
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-14, 01:31 PM  
JeepGirl

Kathy Smith in Weight Loss Workout and Cindy Crawford in Shape Your Body. :-)
JeepGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-14, 01:40 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia View Post
Oh, me either, ha ha! I'm only 5'2 with short legs. I could never look like them, but I think they're beautiful and inspiring to look at. I just have always loved pictures of beautiful bodies, even if they're not attainable for me.
I love the people that you picked. Yin is one of my FB friends and I always love looking at her pics. And I adore Misty not just for her muscles and dancing. I love how she started dancing at the age of 13 which is late for a ballerina. And she broke barriers by being only the second African American soloist for the ABT and for having her body type which wasn't really considered a ballet body.

But I'm like you. I just admire them but I can't look like them. I'm only five feet tall and I don't build muscles easily. I also eat way too much junk food to have low body fat like that. I just do the best that I can.

ETA - I also like Kacy from American Ninja Warriors. I used to have the same stats, 5 feet and 98 lbs. However, she has a lot of upper body strength. My strength was all in my lower body and core. I just love how she kicked butt in the obstacle courses.
Old 08-25-14, 01:42 PM  
marya

Staying with my own body type, I'd have to say Mary Helen Bowers.

But if I could magic myself into another body, it would be that of a DF from long ago who had once trained in gymnastics. She was lean and lithe and perfectly proportioned, with beautiful muscle definition and no bulk. Even in fitness DVDs I have yet to see her equal!
marya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-14, 01:42 PM  
caitlinpyle

I like the way Suzanne Bowen looks. She has curves and muscle, and is obviously healthy.

I like the six pack abs and the really lean look, too, but I am pretty sure the body fat percentage at that point would be too low for optimal health.

Barre, Indoor Walking, and Rebounding Lover

Favorites: Suzanne Bowen, Jessica Smith, Ellen Barrett
caitlinpyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-14, 02:11 PM  
tamib

These body types are different but I really like both, MMA fighter Ronda Rousey or Jessica Alba, they're both my favorites.

Tammy
tamib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-14, 02:17 PM  
iheartsts

Love Misty Copeland! I loved it when she guest-judged on So You Think You Can Dance. Her arms are perfection!
Old 08-25-14, 02:33 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartsts View Post
Love Misty Copeland! I loved it when she guest-judged on So You Think You Can Dance. Her arms are perfection!
More on Misty Copeland

http://www.self.com/life/health/2014...ody-struggles/
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-14, 02:52 PM  
sunday

Ana Brett
Mary Helen Bowers

I'm tall and can carry off a very slim but strong look when I work at it.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-14, 04:10 PM  
PrairieGem

Fitness-wise, I'd be thrilled to look like Amy Dixon or Allie del Rio. In a fantasy world , I'd look like Brigitte Nielsen in "Red Sonja" or Linda Hamilton in "Terminator 2" (OMG! Those arms!!)

In real life, it's closer to somebody like Bettie Page or Jane Russel... or this.

Tags
idea body type