Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-14, 10:19 AM  
JENILU

Y'all caught my attention! He was one of my biggest TV crushes EVER!!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-14, 10:38 AM  
mspina

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
My idea body type is the one I have and was born with, I'm tall and lean...and when I stand naked in front of my full length mirror, I can honestly said "not bad at all" Of course there's always room for improvement..there are things I really love about my body and things I feel I need to work on more, but basically I have my idea body type. Oh and by the way I agreed with yogapam 100%

I'm a little surprise more of us didn't say something like this...some times as women we're so tough on ourselves. There are some women's bodies that I think are truly amazing and awe-inspiring, however they're idea for them not me.
I have a feeling that those of us for which this was the answer, purposefully DIDN'T answer because we knew exactly what would happen if we did.

Random Stuff:
  • Spinervals Team Member Triathlon Coach
  • Avid CrossFitter
  • Former Triathlon Fanatic
  • 2008 Boston Marathon Finisher
  • Cast member in IronGirl StrEndurance workout (released 12/07)

mspina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-14, 10:57 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
I'm a little surprise more of us didn't say something like this...some times as women we're so tough on ourselves. There are some women's bodies that I think are truly amazing and awe-inspiring, however they're idea for them not me.
This is just my opinion, but I think most people didn't answer this way because, well, it's not really fun . It's almost like the default answer. Sort of like when people ask the "what can I do do get XYZ result" threads, and the default answer is always "diet". It's kind of like "yea, we know, but taking that OUT of the equation because I obviously have to do that, what else do you do?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne Marie View Post
I wondered when someone would say this. It always happens in these threads. It's fine really... not saying it's wrong at all. It's a great, healthy attitude to have and ideally everyone should feel this way.

However, this wasn't a thread about loving ourselves. I took the thread to be a way to talk about instructors physiques that we admire and would like to hold up as role models, not a bashing of what we do have.
I agree here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
I don't understand how admiring person's body is the same as wishing for a magic genie to grant you their body. Really. They aren't the same. The first is natural and healthy, and the second is delusional and sad.

I admire many people's bodies of all shapes and sizes and styles. However if a magic genie appeared before me insisting his only power is to give me someone else's body I would wonder who spiked my drink with what because I'm with b-1-4-fitness and I only want my body. Even when I'm down and depressed on my body. Then I want a height weight proportionate version of my body. But then I remember how lucky I am to have my body and I remember that I love my body exactly as it is.
I would absolutely let a genie let me trade my body for any person's I mentioned, because it would mean I didn't have to do all the work to get to that point I would like to keep my height though. Or maybe be a little taller. I don't believe it's delusional and sad. The people I chose have body types similar to mine, so it's completely attainable. However, I have a full time job and a kid, so if a genie wants to give me someone else's body then I'm all for it. Of course, I'd probably have to put in the work to keep it looking that way, but assuming I didn't, I am double all for it haha!

But like Yogapam, having been fraught with pain since 2007, I would likely go with pain-free and just look like me, which really ain't so bad
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-14, 11:01 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspina View Post
I have a feeling that those of us for which this was the answer, purposefully DIDN'T answer because we knew exactly what would happen if we did.
I really don't think anyone would have said anything bad. It's great that your ideal is yourself. My ideal is not myself. Anyone who has ever followed me around VF knows I want the lower body of someone that looks like they can kick a hole through a wall. However, I still love myself dearly with all my heart and soul, and my confidence is probably the highest of anyone I know, hee hee! I think it was the "sad and delusional " comment that really rubbed people the wrong way.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-14, 11:06 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

ITA bubbles! I think this thread was meant in a light hearted spirit and took it that way myself. Nothing wrong with stating what body physique you find beautiful or inspirational as long as it doesn't come from a perspective of hating your own.

I look to Cathe as my role model physique wise, especially because we're the same height and sort of have the same build. Although I've read that she is sort of a mesomorph whereas I have a hard time putting on muscle in my upper body. In any case, I totally admire her physique and would love to have it! It would require a lot more work on my part, though, and more attention to that big D word. Hehe.

Overall I prefer the more athletic, muscular look myself. Not only do I find it beautiful, but I see it as powerful and empowering!
Old 08-28-14, 11:18 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Here is a video interview with Misty Copeland that was on PBS Newshour:
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/misty...y-ballet-fans/

Maybe there needs to be a "Fun Thread" prefix I agree with Wendy, there is no wrong answer and no one here seems delusional.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-14, 12:39 PM  
Yelly

Bubbles, every time you comment I find myself wanting to say out loud "Yes!". You have a way with words girl - I love it

Here are some more beautiful bodies:

Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-14, 06:54 AM  
Lurdes
VF Supporter

My body type is very close to Tracy Anderson - I'm 5'1" and thin, so people use the word "tiny" to describe me a lot. I like my body type, but to me, the ideal is Janet Jones-Gretzky in The Firm Vol.2. Her shape in that workout is absolute perfection, in my opinion.

Lurdes
Lurdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-14, 08:44 AM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurdes View Post
My body type is very close to Tracy Anderson - I'm 5'1" and thin, so people use the word "tiny" to describe me a lot. I like my body type, but to me, the ideal is Janet Jones-Gretzky in The Firm Vol.2. Her shape in that workout is absolute perfection, in my opinion.

Lurdes
I wasn't planning on posting to this thread, but yesterday I gave it some thought anyway. Janet Jones-Gretzky is who I came up with too! I agree, in Firm Vol. 2 - perfection!

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-14, 09:54 AM  
Lurdes
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
I wasn't planning on posting to this thread, but yesterday I gave it some thought anyway. Janet Jones-Gretzky is who I came up with too! I agree, in Firm Vol. 2 - perfection!
Maybe it's the Alberta connection! I was living in Edmonton when Vol.2 came out, which was also when Wayne and Janet married and when the Oilers lost The Great One to LA. Remember the Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie skit that consisted of just "WAAAAAAAYNE!!"?

Lurdes
Lurdes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
idea body type