Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-14, 03:12 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnP View Post
I emailed their customer service to learn if they would do a DVD-only option and also for the running times on all the workouts.

I am definitely interested but it's too pricey for me. We'll see if I hear back!
Oh great! Do share what you hear!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-14, 10:25 AM  
SuzieC

I'm not sure if this has been posted, but I believe their summer promotion is free shipping, and there is also a discount on the packages. They are priced at:
basic 39.95 (10% discount)
sculpt kit 89.95 (15% discount)
total 139.95 (20% discount)
total plus 159.95 (20% discount)

I'm considering this, even though i swore never to buy another workout system again.
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-14, 09:29 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

absolutely no response from FXP

I was hoping to find out the running time of the wotkouts and whether you can buy the DVDs separately. I've emailed every possible email address for the FXP crew, Niece Pecenka and even their customer service desk, no response.

Can someone post these questions on FXP's Facebook page?
Old 08-19-14, 08:28 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

got a response - workouts are 30 min, plan downloads in future

I got this response from FXP's director of training & customer support:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinB
Hi Dawn -

my apologies for the delay as I was travelling and am no re-entering normal world! I am about to be back on the road but wanted to get back to you!! I will verify the length of the DVDs for certain, but I believe:

Fit in 15 is comprised of 15 minutes workouts - I believe it is 4 programming blocks.
Total Body Sculpt = 30 minutes
Cardio Blast - again, I believe each workout is 30 minutes

Right now, the DVDs are not sold separately, but we are building download capability so customers can either purchase the DVD, download the content, or stream it from a mobile device!! Thanks for the tip on VF - I will look into it further - love it!!!!

So glad you emailed me and looking forward to seeing what we can do with VF!!

Kristin Benton
Director of Training Operations
and Customer Support

Direct: 615.776.2818
Cell: 615.495.2818
www.fxpfitness.com
Old 08-19-14, 09:13 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnP View Post
I got this response from FXP's director of training & customer support:
Thanks so much for the update!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-14, 07:38 AM  
alisoncooks

Awesome!
I've also had contact with the customer service rep, Kristen, and she said they were considering a Build Your Own Kit option (with the purchase of the hoop, you could pick the 2 additional items you'd want to add to the kit). She was expecting this to go live as soon as this week, perhaps...

But I like the other options listed above better!
Old 08-21-14, 11:29 AM  
SuzieC

Hi all,
I had been meaning to post this earlier, but I've been swamped at work. I actually ended up getting this system. I LOVE IT. I buy a lot of systems and a lot of them end up unused, but this one will get a lot of playtime in my current rotation as I was looking for:
- cardio that is lower impact (just been diagnosed with adrenal issues and told to tone it down with the high impact stuff)
- something that would focus on abs and lower body (I love TA Continuity but those are my remaining trouble spots that need more work)
- something that I could do with Continuity, to replace the Dance Cardio

I got the teal hoop. Some info about this hoop. It's great! I also have two Hoopnotica hoops (don't ask) and I always fight with them to take them apart - I always break a nail. In fact, with one of my hoopnotica hoops, I just don't take it apart because it's so much trouble. The FXP hoop has a really nice mechanism. Looks like the same mechanism as hoopnotica but it's REALLY easy and fast to take apart. Even for my manicured nails! It feels really nice too and I have no problem hooping with it without having it fall to the floor. Really happy with it.

It comes with a nice carry bag, and a teeny tiny mat to put on the floor during the sculpt portion so that your hoop doesn't slide on the floor.

the workouts I got are:

Cardio Blast Level 1: 27 min - WU, cardio hoop, sculpt 1, cardio hoop 2, sculpt 2, CD. This was fun! The hooping is a waist hoop segment, but you do some kind of plie move while hooping so you really need to focus on your abs and concentrate (otherwise your hoop will move up to your chest). this is NOT hoopdance and that's what I like. I don't have the space to twirl the hoop on my arms and move all over the place with a hoop, so this is great if you have limited space. The sculpt portions I think are innovative and you use the hoop in these sections. They are barre-type moves and you get that barre quiver in the legs and glutes. it reminds me a bit of barre3. I really enjoyed this and will replace my TA Dance Cardio with this workout several times a week.

Niece is a great instructor. Very likeable, gives good form tips and is not too chatty and no whooping. Since doing mainly TA, I like my instructors to be more quiet. LOL.

I will post a more full review when I've done the other workouts but here are the running times:

Cardio blast Level II - 38 minutes
Total Sculpt - total core (15 min) and lower tone (8)

I took advantage of their free shipping sale and shipping was super fast. It took less than a week to get to Canada. I asked questions on the Facebook page and got responses very quickly (for example, i didn't know what the teeny mat was for. LOL). The system also comes with a book (Life diet) which I haven't looked at and a small colour poster explaining some sculpt moves.

They also have an app that shows a lot of sculpting moves with the hoop. I encourage you to have a look at the free app to see if that type of sculpting is something you would enjoy.

Overall i'm really happy with this purchase. I just wish that it came with more DVDs but hopefully that's in the works! (i have no idea if they will make more DVDs or not, but if so I'm on-board).
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-14, 03:00 PM  
alisoncooks

Great review! I'm about to order this -- my birthday is coming up and I think this is *just* what I need.
Old 08-21-14, 03:40 PM  
lisa122

Okay, I ordered. I couldn't resist with free shipping to Canada. I just hope I can actually hula hoop.

Lisa
lisa122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-14, 07:25 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa122 View Post
Okay, I ordered. I couldn't resist with free shipping to Canada. I just hope I can actually hula hoop.

Lisa
I just ordered, too!

Hooping was one of my gateways back into fitness in 2009, though I dropped it when I met --and fell in love with-- barre. It took me a few tries to feel comfortable with waist hooping, though (I even got the hipbone bruises to prove my hard work)... but once you find the rhythm, it'll be a breeze!

Tags
cardiohoop, niece pecenka