Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-06-20, 09:44 AM  
Sollamyn

Good Places to Buy Masks Online

I apologize for the Off-Topic Post. It is health-related, though, I suppose, so there is that!

Anyway, I see a lot of ads on Facebook for some really cute masks, but I am so paranoid about purchasing from new-to-me websites, especially if I've never heard of the company before now. So...Does anyone have a reliable source for cute masks (to wear for daily health purposes)? I thought I would try to make do with a package of 10 disposable masks, but I guess we are now in this for the long haul (especially in Illinois), so I'd better get a couple of reusable ones now.

Thanks in advance,
Donna
Old 05-06-20, 10:46 AM  
Janzia
VF Supporter

I ordered some from Etsy and some from Jane. I like the Jane ones a bit better but they took longer to ship

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."~John "the Penguin" Bingham
Janzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 10:48 AM  
alisoncooks

I bought some really cute ones from different etsy sellers. I suggest just browse because there are different styles and tie options. Maybe get a couple to try out.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 10:50 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I've bought some from this Etsy seller: https://www.etsy.com/shop/BridalDesignsShop. She was relatively close to me (in Oklahoma) and has really good reviews. I haven't gotten them yet, but I don't expect to receive them for at least another week or two.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 11:09 AM  
Sollamyn

I've got a pathetic homemade mask (I'm not very crafty!) that I have been wearing on the rare occasion that I do go out, and I will receive the 10 disposables from Amazon this weekend, so there is no hurry if shipping takes awhile. I think the disposables will last at least a month, since I rarely go out, and I do have my homemade mask to fall back on.

Donna
Old 05-06-20, 11:33 AM  
Exercise Diva

I've been going to Thompson Tee for my masks - they're not necessarily "cute" but not unattractive either, and I love that they donate 3 masks, for every one you buy, to a hospital or medical facility. They also ship pretty quickly and are comfortable to wear.
https://thompsontee.com/face-masks
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 11:46 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exercise Diva View Post
I've been going to Thompson Tee for my masks - they're not necessarily "cute" but not unattractive either, and I love that they donate 3 masks, for every one you buy, to a hospital or medical facility. They also ship pretty quickly and are comfortable to wear.
These look good. Are you supposed to wash a face mask after each wear?
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 11:51 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exercise Diva View Post
Thanks for this! I just ordered from them. These are exactly what I've been looking for! I also love that they are donating masks. Two of the hospitals are close to where I live.
Old 05-06-20, 11:57 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
These look good. Are you supposed to wash a face mask after each wear?
I don't have these exact ones, but we wash them after an outing or when my husband comes home from work. We bought several since we don't run our washer daily.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 12:01 PM  
suzannaerin

Etsy. I was lucky to find some good vendors. As soon as I receive my supplies, I will unpack my new sewing machine and make some. I plan to donate some and bring some into the office to give to coworkers.

You should wash them after every use. You can find proper mask wearing facts online, there is a right way to put on and remove. I saw a nurse demonstrating on a news segment about a month ago.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, face masks, facial covering, mask, masks