Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-20, 06:38 AM  
IceQueen07

Weighted Vest

Trying to find a good weighted vest that can be used for cardio and that doesn't bounce around during the workout. The one I got from Aldi's just bounces way too much. What is a good weight to get 6, 8 or 10lbs.? I know you can buy adjustable ones, I just didn't want to spend a lot of money on one at the moment. I'm only 5'2 so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any opinions or suggestions.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-20, 10:27 AM  
gladgirl

Don’t have a vest...couldn’t find a comfortable one.
Have you thought about a weighted belt?
I got one years ago, fairly inexpensive, and evenly distributed for my cardio. Use it on my machines and even when I want to get a boost from a walking video.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-20, 03:33 PM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post
Don’t have a vest...couldn’t find a comfortable one.
Have you thought about a weighted belt?
I got one years ago, fairly inexpensive, and evenly distributed for my cardio. Use it on my machines and even when I want to get a boost from a walking video.
No, didn't know they sold those. Thanks, I will look

**Candice**
Old 04-16-20, 06:28 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
Trying to find a good weighted vest that can be used for cardio and that doesn't bounce around during the workout. The one I got from Aldi's just bounces way too much. What is a good weight to get 6, 8 or 10lbs.? I know you can buy adjustable ones, I just didn't want to spend a lot of money on one at the moment. I'm only 5'2 so I don't know if that makes a difference.

If you're looking at wearing it for cardio, especially cardio with some amount of impact, I'd suggest erring on the lighter side. Seems like the one Cathe used to sell would fit the bill -- don't know if she still sells it or if anyone sells anything like it, but it was pretty streamlined and stayed put pretty well.
Old 04-16-20, 06:42 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Quote:

I bought my vest from Power Systems and like it a lot. I do wear it upside down to prevent it from bouncing. Did you try that with the best you have?
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-20, 06:43 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Quote:

I bought my vest from Power Systems and like it a lot. I do wear it upside down to prevent it from bouncing. Did you try that with the vest you have?
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-20, 03:01 AM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
If you're looking at wearing it for cardio, especially cardio with some amount of impact, I'd suggest erring on the lighter side. Seems like the one Cathe used to sell would fit the bill -- don't know if she still sells it or if anyone sells anything like it, but it was pretty streamlined and stayed put pretty well.
I looked on her website and she doesn't carry it anymore. So probably 6 or 8 pounds would be good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedygs View Post
I bought my vest from Power Systems and like it a lot. I do wear it upside down to prevent it from bouncing. Did you try that with the vest you have?
Never thought about wearing it upside down. I will try that.

Thanks.

**Candice**
Old 04-17-20, 11:31 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
I looked on her website and she doesn't carry it anymore. So probably 6 or 8 pounds would be good?

That's probably plenty, yes. Good luck finding one!

Tags
weighted belt, weighted vest