Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-01-20, 08:35 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Jessica's Walk on - Flat Abs Walk (from the "Dock" set) It has been good to re-visit this series!

Essentrics - Hip & Knee Strengthening - back to the Essentrics challenge, I really want to finish it! I feel that it has been helpful - definitely fewer aches and pains from doing these regularly.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-20, 07:56 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Essentrics Barre - standing, barre toning, and barre stretch

I am on the last week of the challenge!

Donna
Old 02-02-20, 12:36 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was housework and FITIN15 Sculpt and Slim. I thought it would be fusion, but I think it was more metabolic. But it was 12 minutes so I managed. I added in about ten minutes of my own moves with dumbbells. Today I'm going to try and do a yoga or stretch workout this afternoon.

Donna, that's great you are enjoying Jessica again. Congrats on getting to the last week of the challenge!
Old 02-02-20, 05:11 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Yesterday was a rest day on the schedule and today was Strictly Strength. I increased the weight I'm using to 10 and 6 lbs and was able to get through it, except I had to drop to 8 lbs on the upright rows. I did cleaning, laundry and ironing yesterday so that was enough of a workout!

Not much going on here. Going to a small gathering in a bit to watch the Super Bowl. I'm not a fan of either team but it should be a good game.

Waves!
Old 02-02-20, 05:17 PM  
Leonana

wishiwasinhawaii, those are impressive weights! I agree, cleaning and laundry is enough of a workout.

We are also going to a Superbowl party. It's at our friends' over 55 park. They are meeting in the main hall, and everyone is bringing finger foods. I guess there will be a big tv in the hall. It's a good thing our friends moved to the park, it definitely increased our social life, lol. But sometimes I have a hard time realizing I'm 60 now! I'm not a football fan, and neither is dh. But we enjoy it.
Old 02-03-20, 09:08 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday afternoon I walked outdoors w/ DD.

This morning was Essentrics Rebalance Your Connective Tissue. DD has riding lessons tonight but it is going to be in the 60's today so I will get a walk in at work.

I'm in week # 4 of the Essentrics challenge - After that, I was giving some thought to the CocoLime Program. Although I will probably start it at Day 30 or Day 45 or Day 60 - the first 30 days of it are pretty light and I can probably start later in the program. I think I will try the cardio workouts once to see what I think - they don't look to be my cup of tea, but who knows. If I don't like them I'll sub something else.

That is the plan for now, LOL! The last week in the Essentrics program is longer than 7 days since it is a 30 day program, I think I'm done on the 11th with that.

wishiwasinhawaii and Sherry - hope you enjoyed your Superbowl festivities! We did not have any at our house - my DH goes to bed really early for work and he is the only one in the house remotely interested in the football.

Hope everyone has a good Monday!

Donna
Old 02-03-20, 06:25 PM  
Leonana

No workout yet, I had a well woman visit this morning. It went well, I like the doctor I switched to last November. They seem to be okay with recognizing my really bad white coat syndrome, and believing me about my bp numbers at home. But I guess it helps that my tests are all negative, I'm not overweight and I exercise regularly. My last doctor would schedule a visit every four to six weeks, which is not only expensive with my insurance, but would increase my anxiety. This doctor seems content to have me in for only whatever preventative exam I need, and is okay with my current prescription.

I hope to do a workout this evening. I'm planning on Jessica's Dance Stretch from her outdoor walking dvd's. Donna, you made me think about them again!

Donna, none of us are into football. DH and I went for the socializing, and I like to watch the commercials. The food was good too, although maybe not a good idea the night before my doctor's appointment, lol.
Old 02-04-20, 06:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I took a walk at work with my co-worker - the one who is considering quitting due to stress/anxiety/unhappiness. She walks slow though so it wasn't really an effective walk!!

Today I did: Jessica's Barefoot Fusion Walk from the Walk On (Dock setting) set.

Sherry - glad you found a good Dr. they seem harder and harder to come by these days.

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii

I plan to walk again at work if it isn't raining and then tonight do my Classical Stretch episode.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 02-04-20, 08:20 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I took yesterday off because I stayed up late the night before due to the Super Bowl and overslept! It was a beautiful day so I went for an outdoor walk and later did miles 3 & 4 of the Power Walk DVD. Tonight I plan to do Stepping Strength.

Gotta run to get to work so I will post more later...
Old 02-04-20, 07:32 PM  
donnamp

Glad you took a mental health day, wishiwasinhawaii! And yesterday was a great day to do it -

I didn't get out for my walk at work - I got busy with something....

But, I did my CS/Essentrics this evening.

Donna

Tags
jessica smith get strong