Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-06-20, 06:52 PM  
difit

2020 Decluttering Support and Motivation

Happy New Year everyone! I didn't see a new thread for this year so I thought I would start the new thread for 2020.

We post periodically when we are seeking motivation or advice on getting rid of the clutter. We also post when we have made progress.
difit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-20, 07:00 PM  
difit

This morning I spent cleaning out the pantry to see if I didn't have anything that was outdated. There were a few things but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

I would like to get a pantry organizer to put behind the door. Any recommendations?
Old 01-06-20, 08:36 PM  
Vantreesta

I found a couple vases I can get rid of and some ice cream scoops I was collecting (back when I wanted to own an ice cream shoppe).

I don't have any suggestions for a pantry organizer. I'm ours.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-20, 11:32 PM  
fanofladyvols

Thanks for starting us off, difit.

Lol Vantreesta... so am I!

The last time I investigated that I remember I had narrowed down to something they were selling at home Depot made by closet maid. https://www.homedepot.com/p/ClosetMa...8033/100160362
..and you could just screw in two of these underneath each other to get 8 racks or or the three shelf to get 7 racks.

Not sure if that's what you were asking about but hope it helps!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 06:47 PM  
difit

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Thanks for starting us off, difit.

Lol Vantreesta... so am I!

The last time I investigated that I remember I had narrowed down to something they were selling at home Depot made by closet maid. https://www.homedepot.com/p/ClosetMa...8033/100160362
..and you could just screw in two of these underneath each other to get 8 racks or or the three shelf to get 7 racks.

Not sure if that's what you were asking about but hope it helps!
Thanks fanofladyvols

I was looking for something like that. The width is a little long. My pantry door is little narrow.
Old 01-09-20, 10:56 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Thanks for starting the thread dfit.
The Lupus Foundation came by and took a bunch of things I have been collecting to donate. 4 bags of clothing and 5 or more boxes of "stuff"
I have given away a few more DVDs on Share the Wealth and am trying to sell or trade others. If the rest of my share the wealth stuff doesn't go soon I am donating it.
My effort to try my never done DVDs is helping me to decide to get rid of many of them but I am also finding ones to keep and re-visit.
More next post about my family room/office decluttering project.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-20, 12:35 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Thanks for getting us started for 2020 difit!

I'm off to a slow start for the New Year. Before Christmas I did get some things listed and sold on ebay. A few books, a very pretty hair barrette that I wasn't using. My favorite sale was a vintage denim wrangler shirt. Probably about 35 years old and I can't even remember how I got it. I think it was gifted to me by someone already used but I haven't worn it for years because of some weight gain. And I did lose some weight but it still wasn't right. I sold it for $38.00. Nice surprise!

Since New Years, I rehomed a nice winter parka that belonged to my DD and one of my DB's can use it now since they've moved to a cooler climate. It was too big for me so I was glad he wanted it, especially since it belonged to DD who passed on many years ago. I've had a hard time parting with it otherwise.

Found a nice tip for anyone who might have luggage that needs to go. Instead of taking it to good will, consider your local foster care agency. Foster kids sadly, often end up using trash bags for their belongings and to have some luggage instead might help even a little with their self esteem.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-20, 12:48 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hi & happy 2020!

I’m still plugging away! I have two big boxes ready for goodwill and several things for sale on FB market place. If they don’t sell soon, they’ll go into a goodwill box. We’ve also moved some things to our storage locker to get the house ready to sell.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-20, 08:25 PM  
fanofladyvols

Catahoula Cate I'm not sure what a DB stands for but I'm glad you found some comfort in rehoming the parka. I had the same when I gave away fabric and a surger. Both went to a woman with 9 children and sewed their clothes and did it for income. Made me feel great knowing it would be used that way.

I reorganized two kitchen cabinets and purged lots of memorabilia cups and have lots of room for my casserole and mixing bowls. Felt great and is so nice putting things away now.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-20, 10:11 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Thank you Linda. I used DB for "Dear Brother". For some reason, some things are harder to let go of than others as you've found too but yes, much easier when going to someone you know will appreciate it.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
de-clutter, declutter, decluttering, downsizing, minimalist, minimizing