Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-01-20, 12:10 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is my planned rest day.

Anny, I do love doing activities with my grandson but I can pass on running.
When we moved I got rid of the risers to my adjustable step platform. I only kept the top flat step for when I do calf raises so I can drop my heels slightly below the platform to get a better calf workout.
That was a good idea to get the portable DVD player so you can play more of your multi-region DVDs.

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-20, 09:47 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Kathy Smith Total Body Lift (Upper Lift & Leg Lift)
Guided Breathing Meditation With Kim Eng (YouTube)

Kim Eng's guided breathing meditation was nice. Thank you Cyana, for sharing that link with us!
Old 07-02-20, 12:58 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I started Day 5 of my yin YTT today with a 95-minute practice. This was probably my favorite practice so far, with a lot of focus on the hip flexors.

I also filmed a new yoga practice for YouTube; it's a "refresh" of a lower body practice I did early on. I'm uploading that now.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-20, 03:59 PM  
Anny

Beth thats a long practice but the focus on hip flexors would be awesome.

Paine I’m okay with a short run for fun but running for a workout? No way! I love how little children just run rather than walk and I would definitely be walking at the park too.

Yesterday I did a mile from Leslie’s 3 Mega Miles then did an upper body from Joyce’s book The 12 Minute workout with heavier weights than the 3lbs Joyce suggests. I also walked part of the way to and from work.

Hope everyone is doing okay!
Old 07-02-20, 04:30 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, I did your lower body practice and it felt good! I like lower body practices. You need to change the title below the video!! I almost didn't do it because the title below the video was Yoga Focused on Downward-Facing Dog Pose. Then I realized you accidentally used the title of your previous practice.

Anny, I wish I did as much walking as you and Sandra do. I just haven't been in the mood to do walking.
Old 07-02-20, 04:32 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Oops Paine thanks for the heads up! I was cutting and pasting and forgot to change. Will go do that right now!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-02-20, 04:39 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Okay I'm back.

Paine I'm glad you liked the practice! I actually got an idea for another practice while doing this one "Playing with Pigeon." The "traditional" version of half-pigeon seems to be a love or hate pose, but there are so many versions to try, so I thought it would be fun to play around with that.

Anny, it was a long practice, but it didn't really feel that way! She takes awhile just to tune in, and then there is a long pranayama practice (nadi shodhana) both at the beginning and at the end of the practice. Plus, while holding the poses, I'm learning by watching how José adjusts those in the class in the poses.

Happy Thursday! Is everyone else experiencing a heat wave? I do love the heat, but it is HOT.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-02-20, 04:57 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, it's nice you can learn how the teacher adjusts the students in classs.
It's 72 degrees F here today and I'm happy with that!
Old 07-02-20, 07:08 PM  
Anny

Paine and Beth it was 22 degrees Celsius here yesterday, which is 71.6 degrees Fahrenheit but because it is winter the mornings and evenings are cold and there was a cold wind (in my opinion!). Today is only 17 degrees Celsius (62 degrees Fahrenheit) and again a cold morning and evening (10 degrees Celsius: 50 degrees Fahrenheit).
Old 07-02-20, 08:19 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anny, I agree that those are cold mornings and evenings, but I would take 22*C winters any day!

DH & I actually just sat outside on our front porch reading until it got too dark. The sun was going down and it was a bit breezy, so it was very pleasant.

Follow me @YogiBethC