Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-23-20, 09:57 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Garrie, good to see you; I just did Upper Body Supersets today.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-20, 03:57 AM  
Anny

Garrie glad to hear I am not the only rotation quitter! Good news about the centre opening again and that you will be able to return to teaching.

Beth sorry to hear that you have been dragging a bit. That yoga training video sounds long and quite involved; I’d probably want to do it in parts.

Today I walked, did some kickboxing moves on my own and then did the next workout in Joyce’s 12 minute workout . That’s my rotation of sorts this week.
Old 06-24-20, 07:19 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is my planned rest day.

Beth, I looked at your YouTube channel. I like the short intro you have at the home page. I looked at the video section and I don't recall the way it was before but I like all the cover pictures you chose on your videos--good job!

Garrie, I had to google "PHA Training". That would be difficult for me because intense cardio wears me out. You are in such great shape!
How nice that you'll be going back to work at the rec center next month! I bet your students have missed you.
Kelly's frog squats gives me DOMS!

Sandra, I would be thrilled if I did a 2 hour walk! I wouldn't care if I worked out that day if I completed a 2 hour walk.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-20, 08:45 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, thanks for checking out my YouTube. The thing that is different is that when you see the thumbnails for the videos on the main page, they now have text over the thumbnail photos. You should also see that if you go to any of the playlists. Here's an example:

Anny, I did finish watching the video last night--I actually watched the next one too! It was easier once I got past all the new anatomy stuff, because then it was just comparing the participants (there are six women who took the class live when it was filmed) to see how their bodies are different. It's very interesting! There are things we think we can't do (e.g., lotus pose) because we think we are inflexible, when it's really just the shape of our bones.

This short video from José's Facebook page shows some clips from the course:
https://www.facebook.com/Josedegroot...0161874142911/

I still have to take my next quiz!

Happy Hump Day!

ETA: I have to laugh at myself. I was worried about the next training quiz, but it was only 3 questions (albeit with multiple choices/answers), and I got 100%! I have just one short video left in Day 3, this one about adjusting based on body differences, so it should be interesting. Tomorrow I'll start Day 4 with the next yin practice. Today I'm going to do another practice with my teacher Aimee. If you are interested in the philosophy aspect only, you could watch just the first 5 mins or so of her June 22 practice here: https://vimeo.com/431779338?activityReferer=1

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-24-20, 11:23 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, oh that's a nice touch on your YouTube website. I think the text over the thumbnail photos makes it easier for someone making a selection. I'm glad you aced the next quiz!
Old 06-24-20, 04:12 PM  
Anny

Beth that’s really interesting about the flexibility vs the shape of our bones. And congregate on the quiz!
Old 06-24-20, 08:09 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Haha about the quiz--I took it open book again. I was just glad that it was short and that some of the material is sinking in! Tomorrow morning I'll do the next class, which is 90 minutes.

Here's the new yoga practice I filmed today, which is an exploration of downward facing dog:
https://youtu.be/aMwQ0k1OCbs

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-24-20, 08:54 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today is a planned rest day.

Paine: I do my long walks! In a few weeks my library work schedule will change so that it frees up another morning -- that will allow me to do long walks up to 4x/week during hot weather.

Anny: I have had a few of Joyce's books in the past and they are very good. However, for actual workouts I much prefer to follow along with a DVD.

Garrie: That is great news that you get to go back to the studio soon! Re Joyce, I wouldn't do her mainly for upper body since she usually does seem to add the back exercises to the lower body section of her other workouts (which emphasize squats and lunges -- problematic for my knees) and I don't think she ever hits the rotator cuff. But it is nice to work out with different faces from time to time!

Beth: Your YouTube channel looks nice and professional.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 09:19 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Jari Ripped & Chiseled 20 minutes of Upper Body selections: (Chest Press, Back Track, Tricep Dips, Overhead Press; Hammer Curls)
Beth's 30 Min Gentle Active Yoga Focused on Downward-Facing Dog Pose

I was curious about Beth's Gentle Downward-Facing Dog practice so I did it this morning. Admittedly, I am not fond of downward dog pose but I thought Beth's practice was a nice gentle introduction to downward dog. Thanks for sharing that with us Beth!
Old 06-25-20, 09:28 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

LOL Paine--that was brave of you to try my practice even though you are not a fan of downward dog! I guess I should have called it downward dog prep since we only do dog pose briefly at the end. Do you like puppy pose?

Thanks Sandra! Is your niece up and running on YouTube yet?

Garrie, I just realized that you mentioned about doing a Glassboro Road Trip--so are you planning to go to Cathe's studio? That's not far from where I grew up in Southern NJ (and KCM's gym is right in my hometown!).

Off to do my yin practice...happy Thursday!

Follow me @YogiBethC