Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-20, 09:05 PM  
YogaGal

I had planned to do Jessica Smith’s WS 1, “Lower Body Sculpt” last Friday, but was in a lazy, unmotivated mood and then got busy with other things over the weekend and didn’t work out at all. So it ended up being my Monday morning workout which gets me off-track with the Summer of Strength rotation, but I’m modifying anyway and will make some changes to this week. I got an email this morning that Sarah Beth posted a new yoga video on YT and it sounded like a good one for me, so I jumped on it after I finished Jessica's workout and loved it. It is for Posture, Upper Back, and Rounded Shoulders; great for people who do a lot of computer work and/or hold tension in the upper back. I’ll have to get DH to do it with me next time; he might like it.

cyana: Thanks for starting us off with a great quote. This “young June bug” will be getting a bit older on Sunday. “Short and simple” is a great life philosophy for most everything! Hope your new person is able to lighten your workload soon so you can fit in more sleep and self-care.

Sandra: Glad that you had a nice closure with family over the loss of your brother. Thanks for sharing some of the details with us. How exciting that your niece will be getting her YouTube channel up and running soon! But I agree with you on sun salutations; my limit is about 5 or 6 at most.

Paine: You asked last week about Jessica's Walk Strong 6 Week Total Transformation System (10 workouts on 4 discs). Yes, I have it and like it and use it often. It has a great mix of workouts, and options for different intensity levels. For strength workouts using dumbbells, you have Upper, Lower, and Total Body with 3 different levels of intensity with Jess’s Mom Debbie doing an easier version of moves with light weights, Beth doing advanced, and Jess in the middle. For cardio you have Cardio Party, a fun upbeat workout that’s not too hard; Abs 360 (which I just realized I haven’t done in ages and need to) a great cardio workout for abs from all angles; and Brain Fitness Fun, a good cardio for light days. For intensity there’s Interval Mix. You get two good yoga/stretching workouts that I should use more often, and also Barefoot Fusion Sculpt, a very light dumbbell workout which should be a natural for a Mat Maven. The price has gone up since I purchased it when it was released, but amazon currently has a few used options. If you like Jessica and her mom, I highly recommend this set. Only thing missing is Peanut.

Beth: So sorry to hear about the closing of your favorite yoga studio. It will be difficult to miss out on being with great people and enjoying a variety of classes. I have tried about everything for my lip rash: cold sore gel, antibiotic gel, hydrocortisone cream, antifungal cream, and a slew of lip balms. I may go to a dermatologist if it keeps reoccurring.
Old 06-15-20, 09:12 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Carolyn, the type of rash I have (perioral dermititis) can be from hormones, and it can also be a reaction to hydrocortisone products, so that's something to consider.

Sandra I've seen those solstice celebrations with sun salutations before; I could never do it!

I finished Day 2 of yin yoga course today...my progress has been slow! I'll pick it up again in Wednesday since Day 3 starts with a yin practice. Tomorrow DH and I are going to try to go to the state park we wanted to check out last Saturday. First I have a neurologist appointment--I might need to try a new med for my migraines.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 09:42 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Original Pure Barre (Thigh and Seat 1)
15 minute MOBILITY Yoga for Posture, Upper Back Pain & Fix Rounded Shoulders (SarahBethYoga) on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YgehNFlYH0

Carolyn, thank you for telling us about Sarah Beth's Posture, Upper Back, and Rounded Shoulders practice. I have some DOMS from Jari so I did that practice this morning and it was an effective practice.
Happy Birthday to you on Sunday! Do you have any birthday plans for that day?
Wow, what you told me about Jessica's Walk Strong 6 Week Total Transformation System sounds great--thank you for the review! It has a lot of variety. I will put it on my wish list.

Beth, sorry about the migraines. Have a nice time at the state park today!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 04:10 PM  
Anny

cyana thank you for starting us off. I agree that late nights working throw us off - I had a few with marking assessments last week.

Sandra it’s lovely that you had that dinner with your nephew and some sort of closure.

Carolyn I’m modifying the rotation as needed. Hey, I started on a Saturday and only take one rest day a week. Hope you’re enjoying it!

Paine I also don’t like sun salutations. They have a dread and boredom factor for me.

Beth I hope you have a helpful medical visit.

I’ve been walking and doing a modified Summer of Strength rotation. Yesterday I subbed a YWA restorative yoga practice for a stretch by Jessica. On Monday I did Jessica’s YouTube Barefoot Fusion Sculpt. Reminded me that I like fusion workouts! Today is a planned rest day, going to a son’s new apartment for dinner after work.
Old 06-16-20, 05:56 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

This morning included a LAW (about 1.5 hours). For

Today's Workout: I did the lower body portion (Program B) from Margaret Richard's Getting Better.

Anny: I'm a fusion fan too! My niece the yoga teacher has become interested in kickboxing (she recently taught a class!) and even weights. I've suggested she might want to get certified in pilates. Would love to see her expand her fitness skill set.

Paine: I wanted to chime in and say I really like Jessica's original Walk Strong set as well. I do the Upper Body routine all the time, and Cardio Party and 360 Abs are both good cardio routines. Barefoot Fusion Sculpt is nice (I did that one recently). I think I've only done Dynamic Stretch and Prehab Routine once each, but I remember liking them both. Everything is a half hour, which is my preferred format. Definitely recommended if you like Jessica!

Carolyn: Thanks for reminding me that I wanted to print out Jessica's Summer of Strength rotation.

Beth: Sorry to hear the migraines are still troublesome.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 01:06 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is my planned rest day.

Sandra, thanks for telling me about Jessica's Original Walk Strong set. I've had a few of Jessica's DVDs and got rid of them when I was decluttering before our move and now I wish I had kept them.
Old 06-17-20, 09:52 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Happy Wednesday!

We did get to go to the state park yesterday afternoon; it was a perfect day, and the views of the bluffs over Lake Ontario were gorgeous! It felt like somewhere out in the midwest rather than New York.

I started Day 3 of my yin training today (I finally figured out that there are 7 days, haha). I enjoyed today's 80-minute yin practice, which had a lot of focus on the hip flexors.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-20, 10:03 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Exhale Core Fusion Body Sculpt (Thigh Sculpt)
Muffintop Shredder Workout (Blogilates) on YouTube
Jessica Smith Shape Pink Power Flat Abs 5 Ways (Pilates for a Tighter Tummy segment)

Dang, Jessica's 10 minute Pilates segment that I did above was harder than I remembered it being. It's a very effective pilates workout.

Beth, I'm glad you enjoyed the state park yesterday.
Old 06-18-20, 06:36 PM  
Anny

Sandra glad you got in your long walk.

Beth happy to hear you enjoyed the state park and the yoga training.

Paine I find Jessica’s workouts to be a little ‘sneaky’ that way in that I don’t think they will be tough but then she slips in some tougher moves!

I was sick yesterday with some sort of stomach upset so didn’t workout and spent most of the day resting.
Old 06-18-20, 09:26 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

No workout yesterday as it was a planned rest day. For

Today's Workout: I did all of Margaret Richard's High Voltage from her Classics DVD set. I wanted to do something full body since I won't be able to work out tomorrow either. High Voltage has a wonderful marina setting, and to my eyes it looks less dated than the other Classics workouts.

Anny: Hope you are feeling better.

Beth: Your park getaway sounds wonderful!

Paine: Jessica's stuff can indeed be sneaky.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote