Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-20, 04:40 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anny, at least the rash can be treated, finally. You know I love summer, but it's a little sad when so many activities are restricted.

Sandra, I think I saw a clip on FB awhile back from Miranda's 70th birthday party--it is hard to believe! Sorry about the low back tweak; I'm always very careful if I feel anything like that given the difficulties I experienced about 8 years ago.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 07:43 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, I too am disappointed with the limitations on our activities. I haven't been able to do anything except go to the market since we moved here in early March.
Wow, it's hot in your town!

Anny, do you get a lot of rain in the winter in your area?
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 08:59 PM  
Anny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
Anny, do you get a lot of rain in the winter in your area?
No, we get more rain in summer than in winter (that humid weather of Sydney!). But the rain in winter is cold - brr. Our days have been 18-20 degrees Celsius (65-68 degrees Fahrenheit). Today, however, is a glorious winter sunny day - perfect for eating my lunch outside (with my blazer and scarf on!).
Old 06-11-20, 11:07 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Sculpture all of the Upper Body work plus calves
CS 1310

Anny, your winter temperatures are fairly mild. At least you don't have to put up with snow, which is nice!
Old 06-11-20, 05:01 PM  
Anny

Paine it only snows in a very few spots in Australia and they are popular spots for the ski season (July, August). They are all rural areas (Thredbo here in NSW, and a spot in Victoria and in Tasmania).

Yesterday’s workout was a lower body one but, as Jessica noted, it had a lot of lunges and squats so she suggested a more knee friendly for those who need it. I chose a knee friendly workout as I still have undissolved clots in my leg. I did her Seated Arms, Abs and Legs from YouTube . It’s a body weight 20 minute workout. And I walked.

Today is a rest day. There are two rest days a week on the rotation. I’m taking one or none each week, depending on how I feel or on my schedule. Since I’m busy today, I’m only walking and no other workout.
Old 06-11-20, 08:45 PM  
YogaGal

Last Friday I tried out a new workout: Jessica Smith’s Toning Walk (using bands) on her 30 Day Plan dvd set. I tend to avoid band workouts unless they are short YT workouts and while I used all of the other workouts in this set on a regular basis, I had never done this one. I found that I really liked it. One of my aversions to bands is that I have to spend time adjusting the tension of the band to where I need it and miss reps, resulting in a mediocre workout. I found I didn’t have to adjust much with this workout and felt like I got a good light workout.

Monday: Jessica Smith’s WS 3 “Total Body” and RaviAna’s Body Electric, Warmup set and Gong Meditation

Tuesday: Jessica Smith’s 5 Mix & Match Miles, "Jog & Jive" and RaviAna’s Transformer, Warmup set

Wednesday: Jessica Smith’s WS 1, “Upper Body Strength” and RaviAna’s Quick Fixes “Headache Helper”

Thursday: Jessica Smith’s 5 Fat Burning Miles, "Turbo-Charged Walk" (with Warmup and Cooldown), followed by Sarah Beth’s 10-minute Post Workout Cool Down Lower Body
Old 06-11-20, 08:48 PM  
YogaGal

I got busy with grading an assignment on Monday and Tuesday and meeting online with the English instructor. Then on Wednesday I had to go to the dentist for a follow-up on the implant from 2 weeks ago. All seems to be healing well and I made my appointments in September for the final work to be completed. I wish the healing process didn’t take so long, but I want it done right, so I’ll just be patient. Thankfully, my missing tooth gap isn’t too obvious.

I have often toyed with coloring my graying hair, but always chicken out. I just don’t want to commit to the time and money as once I get started, it’s likely that I’d want to keep it up. Also, I still have a lot of brown, so until the gray becomes much more prominent, I’ll just stick with my natural look. I spend enough money on dental work and vision wear (no vision insurance), so my hair will have to fend for itself! I usually go for regular trims every 2 to 3 months, but my last cut was in early February. I think I will take my chances with DH giving me a trim sometime this month. It really doesn’t have to be perfect; I’ll settle for not awful. I have been trimming my bangs for decades now, so no problem there.

Sandra: That’s nice that your nephew has his girlfriend for support; I know you’d be willing to help, but always good to have support from multiple people as you go through the grieving process. How nice that your niece is doing online yoga classes from your living room. Take good care of your back.

cyana: Sounds like you are making some nice social connections while walking and doing yard work.

Paine: It must be frustrating to move to a new area and not be able to explore new options for dining out and entertainment. I really miss getting to sit down and have someone bring me food and do the dishes.

Beth: Glad you enjoyed a nice takeout dinner for your anniversary. That yin course sounds like a lot of work and not an “easy A.” Sorry to hear about your rash. Hope it clears up quickly. I have been having an on-again off-again rash above my upper lip. I can’t figure out the cause. I thought perhaps it was related to a sunscreen lip balm, but then it made a slight reappearance even though I haven’t been using that balm.

Anny: I am doing a modified version of Jessica’s Summer of Strength. I plan to mix up YT and dvd workouts and also am doing short cardios and various short yogas on her yoga days. This is a good time to use some of the mile mixes that I often overlook. I really debated between the Abs and Arms on YT or the WS 1 Upper Body workouts on Wednesday (I started the rotation on Monday), but went with WS 1. Dining alfresco on a “glorious winter sunny day” sounds wonderful!
Old 06-11-20, 09:01 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Carolyn, I love the idea of letting your hair "fend for itself"! I kind of feel that way too even my grays are definitely more noticeable now. Glad your implant seems to be healing well! Sorry to hear about your own rash--have you tried cold sore meds? They seemed to help me for awhile, but with perioral dermatitis, the only treatment is antibiotics.

Anny sounds like you made a good decision RE your workout today. I agree with Paine about your mild winters--in fact if our winter were more like yours I wouldn't mind them so much!

I had lunch with a friend today, my first social activity since the pandemic started. We met at a local cafe/deli, got our sandwiches (all while wearing masks), and then sat in the outdoor seating area. It all seemed to go fine. Restaurants in my area of NY are actually opening up for indoor dining as of tomorrow, but I think I'll stick with outdoor for now.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-12-20, 11:29 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Jessica Smith on YouTube: "Lower Body Blast" Full Length 15-Minute Fat Burning Sculpting Fitness Program
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM2I...4691F&index=14

I liked the setting in Jessica's YouTube, in her family room & dining room.

Carolyn, it's good that you tried Jessica's toning walk using bands since you liked it so much. I used to be able to do band work for upper body but it's too stressful for my hands now. I like and can still do looped band work around my thighs or ankles (eg: Brazil Butt Lift).
I agree that dental work and vision wear is a priority over stupid hair color!
Yep, it's a treat to go to a restaurant (and not have to cook or clean up!).

Carolyn, Anny or Sandra: Do you have Jessica's Walk Strong 6 Week Total Transformation System (10 workouts on 4 discs) and if so what are your thoughts about it?

Beth, oh how nice that you had lunch with a friend!

EDIT to add: Today at noon I went on a 1.1 mile walk in the neighborhood with my grandson.
Old 06-12-20, 03:46 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, nice you got out for a walk with your grandson! Yes, I enjoyed our lunch yesterday; it helped me to envision a way that "new normal" might work.

Sadly, though, today I found out that one of my favorite yoga studios in my area is closing, the one where I would frequently go to the rotating teacher classes on Sunday (alternating with Lululemon's free classes). They had great teachers, a great variety of classes, and sweet mother-daughter owners. My own teacher also taught there--although she teaches at other places too, one is a large area gym where I don't belong and the other is a smaller less accessible studio. I'm bummed and wondering where else this is going to happen.

Follow me @YogiBethC