Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-20, 07:26 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I don't know if this works but I saw a quick video that showed putting a tissue into the mask to keep glasses from fogging. Seems worth trying.
tissue, paper towel,or coffee filter did not stop the fogging for me
even rinsing my glasses with soapy water did not work
but pinching the mask on the bridge of the nose did.
It stops my breath from going above the mask
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 03:28 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
me too!
I use a disposable and pinch the stiff part on the bridge of my nose and my glasses never fog.

Barb S
for handmade reusable fabric masks, if yours doesn't have a wire, you can insert a pipe cleaner at the top. some masks are made to allow a "filter" to be inserted. well, this pocket can also accommodate a pipe cleaner that you can use to conform to your bridge.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 08:31 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
for handmade reusable fabric masks, if yours doesn't have a wire, you can insert a pipe cleaner at the top. some masks are made to allow a "filter" to be inserted. well, this pocket can also accommodate a pipe cleaner that you can use to conform to your bridge.
Thanks Jeannine (and others for your responses).

For the ones we ordered that I like for comfort but altered slightly, they have a filter pocket. I inserted a twist tie in the nose area (best I could come up with); I had to stitch it in a little to stay there. It helps the mask stay on my nose better, but it doesn't do much for the fogging issue.

I think the problem is that the masks I have are more straight across, so to get them over my nose, they have to come under my glasses, which makes them fog (nose piece or no). I was wondering if anyone had the ones that are more peaked at the nose and dip lower on the checks. Does anyone have one that's shaped more like the one in this photo?
https://www.craftpassion.com/wp-cont...-nose-wire.jpg

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 12:44 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I think the problem is that the masks I have are more straight across, so to get them over my nose, they have to come under my glasses, which makes them fog (nose piece or no).
could you provide a link of the one you have now?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 06-09-20, 01:17 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
could you provide a link of the one you have now?
The ones I linked to above:
https://aviatorusa.com/products/cotton-face-mask

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-09-20, 03:21 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Thanks Jeannine (and others for your responses).

For the ones we ordered that I like for comfort but altered slightly, they have a filter pocket. I inserted a twist tie in the nose area (best I could come up with); I had to stitch it in a little to stay there. It helps the mask stay on my nose better, but it doesn't do much for the fogging issue.

I think the problem is that the masks I have are more straight across, so to get them over my nose, they have to come under my glasses, which makes them fog (nose piece or no). I was wondering if anyone had the ones that are more peaked at the nose and dip lower on the checks. Does anyone have one that's shaped more like the one in this photo?
https://www.craftpassion.com/wp-cont...-nose-wire.jpg
I have 2 different ones from etsy that are shaped kind of like the one in the photo you linked to. One with a little bit of nose wire, one without any nose wire. They both still fog my glasses, but the one with a bendy thing sewn in over the nose is better. Still, I get the least amount of glasses fogging with the LA Apparel mask. But even with the LA Apparel ones, my glasses still fog slightly. That said, everyone's face/nose shape is different and the masks from etsy especially seem to vary from seller to seller. I even got 2 of the same mask from one seller and one is larger/looser than the other despite being the same "one size fits all".
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 03:25 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
did you try turning it upside down? it looks like the chin area is pointed - maybe turning it upside down would not overlap with your glasses?

Old 06-09-20, 03:33 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i have one of these too (see link below), and my "breath" seems to dissipate downwards toward my neck (i don't wear glasses). mine is sort of like this one, and mine is soft and stretchy.

https://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Face-.../dp/B0718YXLL5

Old 06-09-20, 05:58 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi Jeannine--the one mask I linked to is a little pointy on the bottom b/c I sewed it in there a little more to be tighter. I did sew in a wire for the nose and secured that further, which I think will help. I was using a neck gaiter as a mask before I purchased an actually mask. It worked okay but didn't stay up well, and my glasses definitely fogged with it. Also, it was too hot for summer.

I think adawn is right in that everyone's face is different; I'll probably have to keep playing around to figure out what works best. Thanks for all the feedback.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-10-20, 12:58 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I’m using Norwex masks. DH & I both find they fit pretty well, much better than the homemade ones I initially tried.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, face masks, facial covering, mask, masks