Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-09-21, 07:32 PM  
donnamp

Dana - sending prayers for Oliver - I hope it turns out ok. I don't blame you for being upset. Let us know when you can.

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-21, 07:37 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Oh Dana! Prayers for Oliver - hope your vet has some good answers for you and Oliver.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-21, 07:42 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Silver & Fit - International Cardio with Penny - 9/9/21 - 30 minutes;
This was actually a different cardio workout than the workout I started yesterday - this one was also filmed in Mexico in Cancun, overlooking the beach, palm trees and the Gulf of Mexico. Sunny skies there for this workout. Nice low impact cardio. I pulled out a new pair of shoes and that seemed to have helped my ankle a little.

Jessica Valant Pilates - 10 Minute Pilates for Legs & Hips
From Jessica's set of 10 minute workouts - they are always good.

Linda - I always wanted to love PiYo, but it was too wrist and hand intensive for me.

Donna - Sounds like good workouts for you!

Carol
Old 09-09-21, 09:24 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s blend of short workouts:
~Taught 30 min Essentrics class on zoom
~30 min recumbent bike
~PT exercises
~Robin Long: Full Body Pilates Ring W/O (YT) - I enjoyed this & have signed up for her next challenge
~Go Strapless in 10 Days: Day 5
~My own yin practice…..forward bends, side bends, twists, hip openers + a little MELTing

Dana - Sorry sorry Oliver is under the weather & hope it’s not serious!

Linda - My list of “workouts” seems long, but many are 10 minutes or less. PIYO does sound challenging!

Donna - Pilates is definitely a side dish for me too, prefer my workouts to be 20 min or less. Thanks for mentioning the Trifecta challenge, I just signed up.

Carol - My wrists aren’t happy with planks & push-ups either. If they are in a workout, I often do them on my wall barre. Jessica’s YT workouts are on my radar too, 10 min is perfect.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-21, 05:39 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Just got an email that Jessica Valant will be posting a series of 5 new short workouts to YouTube next week for her Head to Toe Challenge.

Carol
Old 09-10-21, 10:52 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Quick post between meetings, work never slows down. Although for the time being the study that recommended the downgrades and reclassifications has been put on hold...so it makes me less grumpy about being busy.

I did Ellen's Fusion Flow this morning. I was missing my dose of Ellen and it was good to workout w/ her.

My DH's friend is coming for the weekend so I will have to move my workouts to my home office space -which is small. My workout room/area is near where we have guests sleep!

Hopefully the weather will be good for some outdoor walks.

It must be challenge season -

Trifecta 5 Day Challenges started today!
Jessica Valent's challenge starts next week
Emma e-Pilates starts the week of 9/20
Robin Long/The Balanced Life - starts the week of 9/20
Classical Stretch/Essentrics -21 day challenge starts Monday

Why all at once?!

I was thinking of maybe doing Emma's and Robin's together - for a Pilates and Barre week.

I wouldn't mind doing the CS challenge....maybe w/ Trifecta and Jessica!

Decisions, decisions...

Dana - I hope everything is ok w/ Oliver.

Donna
Old 09-10-21, 07:43 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were:

Silver & Fit - International Strength with Penny - 8/11/21 - 30 minutes;
This was another workout filmed in Cancun. Today's weather was overcast and the Gulf of Mexico looked rough. Filmed beachside, it was not as beautiful a setting as yesterday's workout was.

Jessica Valant Pilates - 10 Minutes to a Healthy Back

Donna - I thought the same thing about all the pilates challenges next week. I am planning on doing Jessica's challenge. I thought about Robin's, but honestly, her workouts bore me. For some reason, I am getting the bug to subscribe to Suzanne Bowen's streaming again.

Pam - Nice workouts! I had forgotten you were a certified Essentrics instructor.

Carol
Old 09-11-21, 10:10 AM  
donnamp

hi,

Today was a walk and Ellen's Upper Body Blast.

A nice combo!

The weather is gorgeous here today!

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend!

re: the challenges, I don't think Emma's/ePilates is free - so in a way that is good as it limits my choices, LOL!

Carol - LOL! I'm sort of getting the bug to go back to Jessica Smith - fortunately, that doesn't cost me anything, LOL!

Dana - how is Oliver?

Donna
Old 09-11-21, 05:00 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Silver&Fit - Intermediate Flexibility & Balance with Penny 6/8/21 - 30 minutes

This had some tough for me balance work - tightrope walking. Yuck! Made Pahla B's balance work look easy. This workout was filmed outside with a couple of large potted plants in the background, probably in Arizona.

Our weather is not nice here - very hot, windy and smoky. Not sure if it's local smoke or California smoke.

Donna - Funny you should mention Jessica Smith. I thought today that my Jessica Smith days are over. I think I'll pull out my Barre Amped DVDs for a little bit of a Suzanne Bowen fix.

Carol
Old 09-12-21, 08:48 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Finally got some workouts in today:

WH Cardio, Strength and Core - 47min
JV Strong Ankles, Knees and Hips - 17min

Oliver seems to be back to normal, but I still don't know why he wasn't eating and drinking for few days. He got complete physical exam (including dental) and seems to be perfectly healthy. He also got blood drawn and his vet had very extensive tests done. Every, single value was within normal range. He did test positive for exposure for coronavirus, but apparently that's very common for cats especially cats that come from a shelter. She mentioned Feline Infectious Perotonitis, but there is no indication that he has this mutation because he's asymptomatic for it and his proteins are not elevated. Poor Ollie was traumatized by being taken out of the house and driven somewhere, but not nearly as traumatized as I was. He was dehydrated and the vet rehydrated him and as soon as I brought him back home he went straight for his food. He's back to his normal eating habits and his adorable self. What a relief, but I still don't know why he wasn't eating.

Thank you for sending your prayers!

Tags
bobandbrad