Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-21, 10:56 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

jac umoff beginner barre sculpt + charlene cardio

buzzer - sorry about your mom being so physically and emotionally distant. that's tough when you are used to being to close. glad LB had fun at the aquarium.

hi ebianco!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-21, 09:43 AM  
Buzzer

Lower body sculpt?.. the newer one... DONE!

This was fun! 30 minutes only, but I am pooped so 30 minutes was about all I could do. My upper body is a little sore from yesterday's upper body work, and I was just short on energy. My muscles felt a little spent. So I focused, I squeezed throughout the moves, gave it my all (which today was about 80%), and did what I could. I paused a lot.

Yesterday we had CC, then LB went to play at her friends house while I did taxes at DH's shop. I didn't get it done, so I have to go back this afternoon. Then I ran to the Westernaires thing, where LB was waiting for me. It was very odd. They had us meet in this room, gave us a dry, boring talk about what? I don't know. Then they said we all had to move! So we had to walk out the building, up about 50 steps, to another arena, where when we walked in there were kids and parents sitting in all the bleachers. They herded our kids into some bleachers in the middle of the horse arena, and us parents had to stand on the dirt arena. I joked with my friend that it felt like they were going to release some bulls and we were all going to have to fight for our lives. It was very, very strange.

There were 2 more older men who gave very dry talks about the ticket sales, which honestly could have been done in an email. Then, without making us fight bulls while the kids and parents cheered us on, we all got herded out at once in this big 1980's Bon Jovi concert type crowd, into the lobby where we were supposed to find our small children and then exit. It was insanity!! We parked kinda far away, so we were grateful we had to walk to the car instead of be stuck in traffic.

Well nope. Where we were parked, we are the last parking lot. Every lot drained into one, one lane exit. I sat in the same doggone place for 15 minutes, while I watched everyone ahead of us let cars in "zippering" and we never moved. All the other lots seriously had to drain out before we could even get going. It was a nightmare, and it was about 8:30 at night. I had been up since 3am, and I was beyond cranky.

I didn't get out of the parking lot until about 9, so by the time I picked up LB from her friends' house, took her to get a burger (neither of us had eaten since breakfast... well, except a bag of mixed nuts I happened to have with us) we got home about 10. I crashed. Two days of craziness is too much for me!! Today we dont really have anything planned except violin lessons, and I am beyond grateful.

So that's the long story of the day that I didn't really do anything, but everything I did do took hours and stinking hours to do.

Eventmom: I hear a cold front is coming soon!! We are supposed to have a few more hot days... in the 80's up here... then cooler temps! I can't wait. I love my skorts, they are my uniform in the summer, but I am so looking forward to jackets and cozy tops. If I could do my cozy tops and my skorts, I would be feeling just perfect!

hi Ebianco!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-21, 01:40 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Jacquelyn umoff barre + 15 min TA cardio + rode horse + 10 min stretch

buzzer - that set up sounds a bit crazy and very annoying. But I'll bet if they send emails everyone claims they didn't get the email - take it from someone whose on the board of various horse activities.

hi ebianco !
Old 09-16-21, 01:44 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

I took my two rest days and got back to it yesterday with Firm Super Sculpt which is a toughie with heavier weights!

Today was Firm Cardio Split 1 which of course borrowed a lot from yesterday's Firm Super Sculpt and then from Super Cardio. The cardio felt great after all the strength yesterday, and I didn't mind doing some of the same sets again from yesterday!

Eventmom and Eventmom Sometimes I do longer workouts on the weekend if I'm making up for missed days LOL. At least I was feeling really fresh after taking 5 rest days! I was really surprised I got in a 95 minute workout on Sunday though. I was fatigued after being outside (for what it's wroth I used to be able to handle 90 degrees in my 20s but now 80 is my max) but then really perked up when I was doing the barre, and did almost the entire DVD and not just through seat like I usually do.

Buzzer I totally understand what you are feeling with your parents pictures in the randomized 'for you' picture feed. I enjoy seeing those pics but I always feel a pang of sadness when I see my sister who I am estranged from. It is kind of like someone dying, those pictures are immediately dated like "WOW that is crazy that life used to be like that and it's not anymore".
Old 09-17-21, 09:51 AM  
Buzzer

Leslie Advanced 5 mile walk... dONE!

I like this one. It's 5 miles but I slowly take it down in mile 5. She doesn't do much of a cool down, so I started taking it off the step and all onto the floor. Also out of a jog and into a march like they do. However, for mile 1-4, I went all out. Side steps were side step up and back then over, or just over the tops. knees up were step step knee up, alternating, or doing like the firm jog up and down with my knees up. I did a lot of stepping on the step, not as much jogging around the room because it didn't feel good today, however I jogged in a "V" from one corner to the other. So lots of jogging backwards. I ended with 8,562 steps done!!! Not bad for it only being 8:40 in the morning!

Today I have to finish taxes, and we are going to a friends house for dinner and a little party. They are excellent gardeners, and need the rest of their garden picked, so they are having a party to do it. I love the idea for the kids! Get them in touch with the plants and food. Oh, and dirt!! I love the dirt part.

So some school, taxes, violin, and party. Sounds like a good day. I was sooooo pooped yesterday. Like, when we went to karate, I felt like I was struggling to stay awake. I was just a zombie all day. We got nothing done but what we had to, and I let LB's BFF come over for a few hours instead of doing school. I was just so worn out. Today I feel better, but man, yesterday I could have crawled into bed and had a long nap and/or just laid in bed all day. I was exhausted. Two days of running and I was down!

Today is a little running, but then tomorrow is karate graduation. They say it will take 2 hours, from 11:30 - 1:30. Over lunch! I am getting tired of these over lunch things. So I will have to feed her well. It also is so hot in there with the hundreds of bodies (students and parents), and they have to wear their heavy canvas uniforms. So I am not looking forward to it. Too bad LB looks for me in the crowd, otherwise I'd go sit in a park or go get some coffee. HA! Nah. I'd feel guilty if I did that.

Anyhow, hopefully it isn't too bad. it's supposed to be cooler, so maybe they can open some doors or something to help cool it down.

Ebianco; Yes! That's exactly what the pictures did. I did think "wow. That's what life used to be like." It is almost like my parents have passed away. I can't believe I used to be able to just text "wanna go to dinner?" and we would. Now I think we will be lucky to see them once a year. My sister I don't talk to, I don't have many pictures of. So I don't get those in my "for you" pictures. It is really hard though! Even with her, I have dreams about her, and wake up thinking I should call her. I know I won't, but I have this impulse to call her. She is so toxic though, that I remind myself of what all she has done and said and the feeling leaves. However it is a struggle sometimes!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 09-17-21, 11:51 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Jacquelyn umoff cardio leg slimming workout

ebianco - I also struggle with the heat more now. Of course, I grew up in Arizona which is dry and here we have more humidity so I like to blame that and not my *age*.

buzzer - hate the meal time meetings too! we had what is usually a scholarship banquet virtual from 6-8:30 pm....
Old 09-19-21, 09:35 AM  
Buzzer

Firm Super Sculpting...DONE!

woof. I have written on my review to be prepared, it moves fast. Have tall box ready at the beginning! And let me tell you... that is no joke. This workout is a fire drill without appearing to be a fire drill! I love this workout like crazy though. It's only 50 minutes, which means about 40 something minutes by the time you add in warm up and cool down, but what they pack into that is amazing. I started with 15's for the back rows and used them also for the first set of biceps. Other than that, I used my 12's for heavy weights and 5's for the set of anterior/lateral delts. 15's for all back work of course. I used the 15's for one other bicep set, becuase it was right after the back work, and I ended up pyramiding down to the 12's, got one rep out and it was the last one they did. HA! I could have just kept the 15's! Oh well. my arms are spent, my legs are spent.... the only thing really lacking in this workout was abs, but that's OK. Everything else is whacked to the max!!

I sweated, swore, and had a wonderful workout. I remember this being one of my favorites, and I think it still is!! The Firm has so many excellent workouts. Some duds, but more are pretty perfect in my opinion.

I took yesterday off. I was tired after 2 days of running around!

So the graduation only took 90 minutes. ONLY, but it was around 90 degrees in the room. The kids were in these heavy canvas karate outfits, and they were all wilting. LB was barely doing good punches and kicks, and usually she's all over them. She was melting. All the kids were. for 90 minutes.

We were so hot, but I kept thinking that I am sure I was not near as hot as they are!! I don't know why, when they know how hot it gets, they don't bring in fans or something. It's insane.

It was standing room only... we got there 20 minutes before graduation started, and all the seats were taken. I ended up sitting on the steps between the chairs. There was a pregnant lady sitting with me, and some older people too. Finally some younger people gave up their chairs to the seniors, but I couldn't believe the pregnant lady was still sitting on the step with me. PLUS, there were ladies in dresses who were forced to stand otherwise they'd flash everyone if they sat down on the steps or floor... yet these men, who are fully capable and young, were sitting their butts in the chairs. It made me sad that chivalry really is dead, and people are so selfish.

So afterwards, we had brought one of LB's friends that does karate too with us. I stopped at chick fil a and got them some iced lemonades. The friend had a piano recital afterwards, so we went to the recital too. It was VERY short, maybe 15 minutes, but it was fun to hear them play.

Today is training the horse, and a watch party for the boring videos for CC while LB plays. She has a good life! HA!

So we ordered the windows and roof for the garage!!!!! We still have a LONG way to go, however if we at least get windows and a roof, we can use the space. LB can play in there, we can put up tarps over the big open garage doors to try to hold the heat in and they can play, I can park my car when it snows... we will probably have to do the cement pad inside before the windows go in (I don't want to be scraping cement off the windows), which to me would be double great! I am hopeful that even though it will be probably next summer before the garage is completed and ready, we might be able to have limited use of the space this winter!!!!!! I can't tell you how happy that would make me.

Eventmom: I snuck some water to LB and her friend when they were seated close to one of the open railing areas on the mat during graduation. They were totally grateful. I was afraid I would get them in trouble, but man, 2 hours of no water and over lunch was torture for those kids!! I hate things scheduled over meal times. I guess I was raised to not schedule over meal times, that meal times are kinda a sacred "off" time to spend with your family, to make sure you EAT, and to relax. Seems all that is disappearing in today's society.

Ebianco: I was thinking of you during super sculpting since you recently did this workout too! You probably were the inspiration for me doing it today.
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 09-19-21, 04:04 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - jacquelyn umoff pilates sculpt + 20 TA cardio
today - 20 sara ivanhoe yoga before I went to a jump lesson, then 10 min TA arms and 20 caribbean aerobics pilates

so my horse needs treatment for a medical condition but the treatment is making it impossible to safely jump her. I'm not going to give her the next shot. so very frustrated, I spent $1000 on joint injections so I could show her this fall and unless this med clears I won't be able to.

buzzer - I grew up in Arizona and we just didn't do certain things because of the heat but I notice that other places haven't caught up to the reality that is hotter and not safe to do stuff that maybe used to be okay. In AZ summer horse shows were at night, not here in oklahoma, people keep running daytime shows. it's not safe for the people or the horses!

hi ebianco!
Old 09-20-21, 09:42 AM  
Buzzer

Leslie 5 mile walk... DONE!

This is the one with the colored miles. I love this one becuase she doesn't just do walk, side steps, kick backs, and knees. She adds in grapevines, jump ropes, hip shakes, jumping jacks... she really mixes it up! I love it. Definitely more aerobics class and less "march in place". I added my step, and used it a lot. I love making it tougher when I need to and easier when I need to. I am loving the walks!

So I was wondering if my calves were that weak in the Firm workouts with calf raises. NOPE. I would say they are not... I didn't realize how much I use them in these walks workouts. So I am going to go with I am happy with my calf strength. I am not losing weight, yes, I am cutting out snacks and eating out and French fries... I even ordered a sugar free lemonade at chick fil a on Saturday instead of a lemonade freeze thing. however, no weight lost. You'd think with my workouts, building muscle, high heart rate every other day, PLUS reallllllly cutting back on snacks and even what I eat at meal times, I'd get some loss. Nope. I do think I need to bite the bullet and calorie count. Thanks, Eventmom. HA! I hate calorie counting.

Yesterday we also spent 4 hours at the horse. We did some woodworking beforehand, then about 2 hours with the horse. LB rode a horse that is boarded there, with permission from the owner. the horse tried to shake her off!!! She was acting weird, so we took LB off, and the lady tried to run the horse. The horse bucked like crazy and didn't listen at ALL. She was just walking and running and bucking wherever she wanted to go. The lady said the horse isn't ridden much, and the lady was a little hesitant when she asked if LB could ride her. Now we know why!! Wow. After we turned her into the pasture, leaving the saddle on, she dropped down and rolled. Then rolled again. I am glad she didn't do that with LB on her!! I think the horse either isn't ridden enough, and/or only the lady that owns her has ridden her the entire 2-3 years she's been boarded there, so perhaps also the horse isn't used to other riders. I'm glad I got LB off when I did!

Then the big horse suddenly looked calm and nice and so well trained. LB rode her, being led by the rope, and I even let the lady take the rope off and walk near them so LB could ride and be "in charge". It ended up being a long day, but it was so nice. I guess it was a good thing because now I feel a little more comfortable with the big horse! I have this pic of LB with the horse, reaching all the way up to pet it's head. The other 2 horses are next to it, both Arabians. I showed the picture to a friend and she asked if the other 2 horses are ponies! I said nope, that horse is just that big. He really is a monster. But a kind monster

I also had to do the watch party, so for almost another 3 1/2 hours we were at a home watching a video about how to teach the next phase of essentials. I call them the boring videos, becuase they are boring to kids, but I find them fascinating. It's crazy cool how this all fits together.

So Lb played from about 4-8pm. She should be pooped.

today we have hand therapy, then go see the horse, then she has a violin group this afternoon. Hopefully we get some school done later... but it'll be 5pm by the time we are done. I think I will just plan on a HUGE day of school tomorrow, and Wednesday morning. Although, the woodworking and horse stuff count as school, as does violin. We are always over on our hours without counting those things, but I still relax myself by reminding myself all these activities count, even when we can't get to actual book studies.

Eventmom; today's high is only supposed to be like 60 degrees! I woke up this morning and it was raining!! So wonderful. I am ready for more cool temperatures. I agree with you... it seems like graduations were on weeknights when it was cooler, or mornings. Not mid afternoon in the heat and meal times. Maybe the advent of more places being AC'ed makes people forget. I can't explain the horse shows though. I mean, if it's hot for you, riding a horse, imaging having on a light sweater of hair and running and jumping!! Makes no sense. People make no sense to me.

Hi Ebianco! Hope you are getting in some good workouts and hopefully it's cooler there too!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 09-20-21, 09:46 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

essentrics 30 min stretch + 10 min yoga

buzzer - wow on the person who doesn't ride the horse but allows a child who is a beginner rider to get on it? Completely irresponsible. I doubt the horse is being worked much or if the owner just doesn't know what they are doing. 100 degrees here today! tomorrow 76! looking forward to tomorrow.