Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-12-21, 12:06 PM  
Scorpio6

I would love to be pen pals with a like minded VFer.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 04:04 PM  
hpy2dnc

What a great idea! I am also interested in being a pen pal.

Karen
hpy2dnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 08:07 AM  
Demeris

Did this idea go anywhere? It's a great idea. I'm not much of an organizer, but I'm a great cheerleader:

https://thecritic.co.uk/the-forgotte...ritten-letter/
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 08:24 AM  
Gams

I sent my contact info to everyone who expressed interest and sent out cards to 8 people who sent me their contact info. If you know someone here you’d like to correspond with, I would just send them your info.

fanofladyvols suggested contacting the person who posted just before your post. I contacted everyone just because I figured some people might want to write to someone who likes the same type of exercise or maybe they’d want to write to someone around the same age as they are or whatever. I just thought everyone could do what they thought would work best for themselves.

Last edited by Gams; 04-18-21 at 09:03 AM. Reason: To add info
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 11:46 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I sent my contact info to everyone who expressed interest and sent out cards to 8 people who sent me their contact info. If you know someone here you’d like to correspond with, I would just send them your info.

fanofladyvols suggested contacting the person who posted just before your post. I contacted everyone just because I figured some people might want to write to someone who likes the same type of exercise or maybe they’d want to write to someone around the same age as they are or whatever. I just thought everyone could do what they thought would work best for themselves.
And I have already sent correspondence AND received some... already brightened my day!!

So I think if you don't know right away who you would like to exchange from those who posted, then pick the person who posted above you.

It would be great if everyone had at least one person ...and if you don't get contacted..shoot me a PM.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 07:00 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

This thread is stirring up a pretty strong emotional response for me. I had a grandmother who loved to send cards and letters, even though I lived in the same smalllish town. I recently ran across the card and note she sent when I turned 50. (She lived to well over 90 so no, not a typo.) The funny thing is that the older she got the smaller her writing. I couldn’t read the note very well between the fading and the tiny writing, but it still made me cry. In a good way. I’m very fortunate that I had such excellent grandmothers.

That said, I would be interested in participating in sending short notes about life in general, not necessarily fitness, but I do tend to prattle on, as in the previous paragraph.

Would anyone be interested in a robin-type exchange? That could also be fun.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 07:17 PM  
Gams

Deb, this thread makes me think of my great-grandma. When she was in her 90’s her eyesight started to go, so she didn’t enjoy letters so much because she had trouble reading them, but she liked getting cards because she could see the pictures on the front. It doesn’t get any easier than that - I sent her a TON of cards.
Old 04-24-21, 12:52 PM  
Gams

Today the ONLY things I got in the mail were notes from my pen pals. How cool is that?!
Old 04-25-21, 08:03 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

That's pretty cool. I usually have to set aside the junk mail to read the notes.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-21, 08:06 AM  
fanofladyvols

Gams what a great mail day!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
getting to know you, pen pals, penpals, round robin, vf love