Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-27-13, 10:01 PM  
yahoo205

Tracy Anderson Glutecentric Hipcentric Omnicentric Abcentric Continuity RESULTS?

Did anyone primarily do Continuity for Muscular Structure Strength Work and get good results? If so, please share including if you did one or more than one continuity.

If you did more than continuity, please share your rotation.

Also, each DVD is supposed to be 1 month. Are you really supposed to do each workout 9-10 times? I don't think I can handle doing it more than 5 times a week (boredom) but will do more if it's worth it.

Would half hour of walking be sufficient cardio?

Trying to get back on track with working out.

Thank you!!!
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-13, 04:59 PM  
yahoo205

anyone?
Old 04-28-13, 05:09 PM  
Scbayless

I'm on my third year of it now. I'm on level 2.3 currently, and have done my MS work ever single weekday since starting. I have not missed one day. I have had good results, and am strong. I am very very happy with my arms and upper back. My tummy never really got to where I wanted it though. I'm currently pregnant now (22 weeks) and still going forwards, so now that is totally out of the picture lol. The butt part is hard to say. It improved MASSIVELY because that is by far my worst feature. It shrank and I fit a smaller size of pants. I never truly got rid of the cellulite though sadly, and it didn't get that "perfect TA butt" look. I'm still working it though and realizing my form is no where as close as it should be, and it's a learning process. The more I do, the more i learn HOW to do it, and the more I realize I can improve and stay focused.

And I do feel the 9-10 is actually needed. I think some of the levels are easy enough to move on earlier, but most of them really need to dig in to the muscles.

And no, I don't think that 30 minutes of just walking is enough cardio. Some of the magic really does happen with HER cardio. Hard to explain, but it's just the truth. My legs look much more shapely and toned with it.
Old 04-28-13, 05:47 PM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbayless View Post
I'm on my third year of it now. I'm on level 2.3 currently, and have done my MS work ever single weekday since starting. I have not missed one day. I have had good results, and am strong. I am very very happy with my arms and upper back. My tummy never really got to where I wanted it though. I'm currently pregnant now (22 weeks) and still going forwards, so now that is totally out of the picture lol. The butt part is hard to say. It improved MASSIVELY because that is by far my worst feature. It shrank and I fit a smaller size of pants. I never truly got rid of the cellulite though sadly, and it didn't get that "perfect TA butt" look. I'm still working it though and realizing my form is no where as close as it should be, and it's a learning process. The more I do, the more i learn HOW to do it, and the more I realize I can improve and stay focused.

And I do feel the 9-10 is actually needed. I think some of the levels are easy enough to move on earlier, but most of them really need to dig in to the muscles.

And no, I don't think that 30 minutes of just walking is enough cardio. Some of the magic really does happen with HER cardio. Hard to explain, but it's just the truth. My legs look much more shapely and toned with it.
Thanks so much for your response. I am so impressed that you haven't missed one weekday for 2-3 years. So if you do each muscular structure level for 10 days then you really don't get much time off to finish in the month.

do you do her dance cardio 5 days a week too?

did you do any other strength?

I notice in your tag line that you are doing glute and omni. do you do both the same day or alternate or just do the floorwork for both?

i really miss barre and this kind of workout but it's hard to get back into it after doing weights at the gym for a while now.
Old 04-28-13, 08:39 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

I think most of us pretty much keep to ourselves in our check-ins.

I've been doing TA for over 1 1/2 years. Prior to TA I hated floor work with a passion. I love her floor work. I had a nasty fall over 5 years ago. I landed on our concrete steps. I have an indentation on my right butt cheek where I hit, and from the point of impact, my muscles atrophied due to the tearing. My orthopaedic surgeon said surgery was my only option, but TA has helped a lot! It's not perfect, but it's much better than what it was.

I don't do TA exclusively. I do quite a bit of heavy strength work/body weight cirucits/ and kettlebell circuits. I think her workouts complement my existing strength work quite nicely.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-13, 10:51 PM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter

I've had nice results with TA. I've been doing it almost exclusively for over a year.

My results: lots of compliments on my arms; looking leaner overall; getting a bit of a perky butt (though lots of things give me this); nice defined abs (not six pack, but the sort of signature TA ab look). The pros: I like TA and so I can stay with it, no serious DOMS, and her workouts don't kill my modest flexibility.

I don't do the routine 9-10x. I probably do them each 7 or so. Sometimes less or more depending on whether I enjoy the particular sequence. Yeah, I should try to do what I don't like, but I'm just not into pushing myself these days.

Right now I've changed things up and am adding some other stuff in. If I had a lot of time to workout, I'd probably just do TA (and do MS + a couple TA toning add-ons (like what Sarah does) + cardio). However, these days I have very little time. My current plan is this to do some cardio when I can (dance, rebound, walk / dance on my TM), but mainly to make sure I at least keep up with my toning goals (since I'm feeling a bit jiggly these days):
Sun = TA MS (~30min)
Mon = Jillian Ripped in 30 (~30-35min)
Tues = Tonique Dynamic Sculpting 1 Chpt + Abs (~30-40min)
Wed = TA MS (~30min)
Thurs = Kickboxing (~30min)
Fri = TA MS (~30min)
Sat = Upper body + Dance (~50-60min)

ETA: I don't think you need to do TA's cardio all the time. However, I would vary your cardio a little bit if you can. Are you planning on walking outside for 1/2 hour? or doing Leslie? I think TA's cardio (b/c it's high impact) works the quad and calves a bit more than low impact cardio. Since her toning workouts don't really hit the quads and calves, her cardio is somewhat designed to compliment the toning sequences. I would do some additional stuff - maybe some lunges and some impact.
Old 04-29-13, 10:37 AM  
yahoo205

anyone else?
Old 04-29-13, 10:57 AM  
trixie108

I'm doing Omni, right around the day 270 mark. I hardly ever do cardio, maybe twice a month? I do the standard 10 days of muscular structure though. For me, the first two or so days, I'm still learning the moves, the middle days I'm still trying to get through all the reps, lol, and the final days I'm mastering them.

As far as results go, I lost 33 pounds and two pant sizes. I can't believe I'm going to print this, but I lost 5" off of each thigh! Plus 4 off of both my hips and waist.
Old 04-29-13, 11:02 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixie108 View Post
I'm doing Omni, right around the day 270 mark. I hardly ever do cardio, maybe twice a month? I do the standard 10 days of muscular structure though. For me, the first two or so days, I'm still learning the moves, the middle days I'm still trying to get through all the reps, lol, and the final days I'm mastering them.

As far as results go, I lost 33 pounds and two pant sizes. I can't believe I'm going to print this, but I lost 5" off of each thigh! Plus 4 off of both my hips and waist.
Congratulations Nicole!! Great results!!
Old 04-29-13, 11:08 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alikruegs View Post
I've had nice results with TA. I've been doing it almost exclusively for over a year.

My results: lots of compliments on my arms; looking leaner overall; getting a bit of a perky butt (though lots of things give me this); nice defined abs (not six pack, but the sort of signature TA ab look). The pros: I like TA and so I can stay with it, no serious DOMS, and her workouts don't kill my modest flexibility.
This describes my results perfectly. I am just about to start Omni 2.1 Level 8. I typically do each level 10 times (doing MS 4-6 times a week), though I have done only 8 for a couple levels on 2.1. I hardly ever do TA cardio and never her freestyle cardio from Meta/Continuity. During year 1 I used some other dance-based cardio a few times a week and for the last two months I have not done much cardio at all - I combine TA with daily Kundalini practices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixie108 View Post
Awesome results. Congratulations!!
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abcentric, continuity, glutecentric, hipcentric, met level, omnicentric, tracy anderson results