Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-23-13, 04:24 PM  
boukilisa

The "Look at What My Body Can Do Now!" thread ...

I was in aerobics class this morning and suddenly realized that I was killing it! The instructor had us doing jumping jacks in plank. Keep in mind that this time last year I couldn't even hold a static plank for long. Now I was doing them and I kept doing them while chickies half my age were giving out all around me. I found myself thinking, "Wow! Look what my body can do!" It can do so much more strength-wise and cardio-wise now. I'm proud of that.

Anybody else?
Old 02-23-13, 04:39 PM  
furmomof6

Congrats!

Yes! I have found that since doing the Dream Body workouts consistently, my endurance has improved dramatically. I tried Tonique Born to Move this morning for the first time in a long time and although I only did half of Workout 2, I was able to keep up with Sylwia's pace and do all the reps (with weights!). I wouldn't have been able to do that a month ago. When I first started pushing my endurance, I wanted to cry. Now it feels like such an accomplishment!!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-13, 04:54 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Awesome! Congrats! I've had increased cardio capacity and core strength this past year with the increase in Hiit cardio and Horizontal Conditioning. I am just so dang proud when I can crank out these tough cardio workouts without feeling like I'm going to pass out! lol I've really noticed it takes a lot more these days to get me sweaty and in the anaerobic zone . The HC's did amazing things for my balance and improved my form and endurance in so many other workouts!
Old 02-23-13, 05:05 PM  
zippity

Well, HC and Tonique still makes me wanna cry like a baby, but I tried a rather difficult yoga arm balance the other day, and was able to achieve the position with good form and then hold it. Coming out of it was not pretty, but hey, I was happy.
Old 02-23-13, 06:03 PM  
Demeris

This is so pathetically minor compared to jumping jacks planks, but

today I went to a retreat up in the low foothills of town. I parked in the bottom parking lot and had to go up a steep, rocky incline to get to the retreat center. I hiked up the little hill without raising my heart rate or changing my breathing. When I got to the top, I realized that I worked each step by stretching my hamstrings fully. I was sitting in the retreat center before I realized that my mother couldn't have done at 30 what I had just done at 55. It wasn't a great feat of fitness, but it showed me that I am beating my sedentary nature and my slothful genetics.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-13, 07:43 PM  
boukilisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
This is so pathetically minor compared to jumping jacks planks, but

today I went to a retreat up in the low foothills of town. I parked in the bottom parking lot and had to go up a steep, rocky incline to get to the retreat center. I hiked up the little hill without raising my heart rate or changing my breathing. When I got to the top, I realized that I worked each step by stretching my hamstrings fully. I was sitting in the retreat center before I realized that my mother couldn't have done at 30 what I had just done at 55. It wasn't a great feat of fitness, but it showed me that I am beating my sedentary nature and my slothful genetics.
You're wrong. This is totally awesome! It's kind of what made me think to post this thread. I'm not really a workout warrior. I'm impressed with my plank jacks because they mean I'm stronger than I was a year ago and I'm stronger than my mom was when she was my age. I'm trying really hard to avoid some health issues she has. (My mom actually encourages me to get stronger for that reason.) So congratulations!

Congratulations to everyone.
Old 02-23-13, 08:02 PM  
muddjeansgal

I can now do the pilates rollup like in Ellen's Slim Sculpt
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-13, 08:17 PM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

These posts are very inspiring!

I love the fact that because I get such a huge variety of training styles with all my exercise videos I am in much better shape at age 49 than I was at 29. Not to mention, thanks to all this cross-training my daughter's teenage friends have trouble keeping up with me when we go hiking or skiing.
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-13, 08:35 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I love this thread! I love these stories!! This is one of the best things about exercise--seeing the progress you make and what your body can do. Yay!

I can do pushups from my toes. And that makes me happy.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-13, 09:15 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by boukilisa View Post

Congratulations to everyone.
Yes, congratulations to everyone
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote