Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-18-12, 06:41 PM  
Cher

Question P57 or TA Meta Hip

I currently do mainly Cathe weight workouts but I'm looking for a change. (I have always pre-ordered Cathe's workouts since the Body Blast series but I decided not to get her new ones since I really dislike drill type workouts). Anyway, since I'm getting bored with all my workouts and I feel like I need something new and I was looking for something that will hopefully slim my hip and thigh area. I've never really done much barre work other than Cathe's Turbo Barre workout (and I do find it hard but I like it). I have heard everyone talking about the good result they got from both P57 and TA. Just looking for opinions about which one you prefer. I don't really know much about either although I have seen some of the recent TA threads which got me curious about both of these programs.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-12, 07:04 PM  
Cher

Also, where is the best place to purchase either of these from?
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-12, 08:53 PM  
mommyofjoeyp

I love P57 (both vol) and got injured with Meta Abcentric so I would have to go with P57. I know a lot of people love Meta and get great results from it but since I got injured I didn't have that experience. P57 has great music and is a lot of fun.
mommyofjoeyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-12, 12:15 AM  
MARIKA

I'm currently doing Hip after Omni & Glute, and I must say I'm going to Level 4 and so far Hip is my fave! I did not click w/ P57 at all.
Old 05-19-12, 06:54 AM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

I have both Physique 57 and Tracy Anderson Meta Omnicentric. They're very different from each other. You might want to do some Tracy Anderson clips from Youtube before making your decision. In that way you can decide if you prefer barre or working a lot on all fours. Another alternative might be the Ballet Beautiful bundle on Amazon.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-12, 07:56 AM  
topfitmama

Here are a few mini-workouts from Physique 57
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9sPkiIYkHk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuy71nRIFrs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9iWR...feature=relmfu
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-12, 08:16 AM  
cherimac

Cher~Hey there! I did P57 when it first came out and didn't have any results to speak of. With Meta Ab, I've already lost 1/2" off my waist and 1/4" off my Hips~and I'm not doing Hip! So for me, definitely TA.

I got Ab in a trade but I've heard the best place to purchase is QVC. You get better Customer Service Plus they include the first Continuity Disc in the price of the Hip Meta.
Old 05-19-12, 08:18 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Do you like work on all 4s? If yes, go with TA Meta Hip.
The extended work on all 4s will work your abs and arms as added bonus.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-12, 05:11 PM  
chrisqan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
Cher~Hey there! I did P57 when it first came out and didn't have any results to speak of. With Meta Ab, I've already lost 1/2" off my waist and 1/4" off my Hips~and I'm not doing Hip! So for me, definitely TA.

I got Ab in a trade but I've heard the best place to purchase is QVC. You get better Customer Service Plus they include the first Continuity Disc in the price of the Hip Meta.
Well, it is also more expensive- $100 before tax and shipping versus $90 (from TAM), no tax (unless you're in NY) and no shipping (unless you're international). Plus if you order from QVC, you'll have to get Continuity through QVC as well- since you already got the first disc of Continuity and they are the only retailer that sells the last 2 discs of Continuity 1.1, and it's more expensive to buy Continuity with QVC- tax and shipping. TAM customer service does suck, but they are very good about sending out replacement discs, I heard a lot of people got bad discs from QVC.
chrisqan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-12, 08:30 PM  
edensmom

I had P57 Vol. 1, the set. I liked it okay. At the time I was working out with my sister and she LOATHED the music, c-curve abs, and Tanya. I didn't mind any of this, but what caused me to shelve the workouts was that I started to look and feel flabby, particularly in the thighs. I know many here love P57 and have been pleased with the results. Obviously YMMV.
I have Meta Hip as well. I couldn't stick to the rotation, too repetitive for me. I can't speak to results obviously because I never made it more than a few weeks. I like the workouts though. I second the recommendation to check out Tracy's youtube segments to see if you click with her. Or get the Mat workout.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hipcentric, metamorphosis, p57, physique 57, ta metamorphosis