Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-13-02, 05:14 PM  
patrice
VF Supporter

I wanted something different

I've been getting a little bored with my workouts so I tried Treadmoves Cardio Blast. Boy was it different. It was extremely challenging aerobicly and mentally! This was my first time doing it and I managed, but never quite lost the fear that I might fall.

For you curious ones, you do sprints, side shuffles, boxing, step kicks, front shuffles, hamstring curls, knee-lifts and more on the treadmill. I quit using my treadmill for a while because it got boring. I think this tape will definitely renew my interest in my treadmill.

I didn't order the Treadmoves Conditioning tape and would love to see how others compare the two.

Patrice
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-02, 05:28 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Thanks Patrice. I've had them both for a few weeks and haven't even gotten around to previewing them yet -- although I did watch the clips at Collage. I'm just the opposite of you; I'm really tired of all my videos and have decided to go back to the treadmill for awhile. These tapes should really add a little spice to my treadmill workouts, although I won't be able to try them until I return from a business trip next Tuesday (well, I guess I could try one tomorrow before I leave....)
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-02, 05:52 PM  
Mellyf
VF Supporter

Same here, Patrice

I ordered the same one you did. Actually, for some reason, I thought I ordered the Conditioning one, but I'm guess I didn't. I really like the Cardio Blast workout. It's pretty intense, but, just like spinning, you can work at your own level. I'm pretty comfortable on my treadmill, but there were a few times when I was holding on to the rails! I was dripping by the time I was finished.

Joni, I'm not even going to try to predict whether or not you'll like them!
Old 01-13-02, 05:58 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Hi Patrice!

I've only done the Conditioning tape, two whole times now. I've only previewed the Blast tape. I'm not a "runner" but can manage a slow jog during the sprints on the conditioning tape. Plus my goal is to improve my hiking endurance so I like the hill intervals. I'll do the blast tape next so I can compare. I hope my treadmill can handle all that hop, skipping & nearly jumping, poor thing.
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-02, 07:00 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Aerobic Cardio Blast

Hi Patrice,

Yes, this tape is sure different. I wrote a post a week ago that I almost fell off my treadmill and it was during the warm-up!! I was doing front shuffles fine but my feet went faster than I thought they would for the side shuffles. So I had to quickly grab onto a rail. I had to hold the railing for those low side squats/lunges too.

I didn't like my treadmill that much either until I got treadmill videos. No more looking at the time or the simulated track on my panel. That makes the time go by faster.

The conditioning one is like ACB without the fancy aerobic footwork. It has the hill climbing, sprints, and upper body work. At the end, it has lunges, push-ups, and abs. I haven't done the conditioning one yet. But I'm pretty sure there has to be more hill climbing or sprints to fill up the time of not doing the fancy stuff.

Helen
Helen S is offline   Reply With Quote