Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-19, 04:14 PM  
Scorpio6

Pure Barre tubing

Couldn't find the previous thread.
Well, I ordered the tubing from the link provided in the thread, it came today. The tubing might probably fit around the legs of a 6 year old, or maybe an anorexic Chinese. Ugh. Guess I will have to jimmy something together.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 10:33 PM  
Sand

I wonder if SPRI is the manufacturer of the ones used at Pure Barre studios?

https://www.spri.com/collections/exe...resistance-kit

Someone has to be making them to replace the ones in the studios.

Googled SPRI double tubing and found this: https://thefitnessstore.com/products/spdr-m
Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-19, 01:34 PM  
starbelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio6 View Post
Well, I ordered the tubing from the link provided in the thread, it came today. The tubing might probably fit around the legs of a 6 year old, or maybe an anorexic Chinese. Ugh. Guess I will have to jimmy something together.
It's so strange that they are nowhere to be found since the tubing was in the shop as recently as this summer (I was going to be in the US so I had considered ordering a replacement). Pure Barre recently sent an invitation to its new "mall" which does not show equipment, but I did see a contact e-mail address (rudy@xponential.com) and phone number (949-393-0961) as well as a contact form. Perhaps calling or messaging would get you information about tubing.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-19, 01:38 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
The red tubing? I'm neither and it fits me. But I don't recall using it say, on my thighs. The PB workouts I recall doing have you put it around your ankles. Mine are like this: https://www.amazon.com/Pure-Barre-Do...0_SR124%2C160_

The one in the other link is a single loop with sort of a divider, and it seems like that type would be more difficult to use.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-19, 02:33 PM  
Becky

Quote:
Which tubing did you order? The link Sand posted from The Fitness Store looks exactly like the double tubing used in Pure Barre. Was that the one you ordered?

Sand, I can't believe you found that link! I've been looking everywhere and googling it with different wording and never found it. You are magic!!

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows . ~ Buddha
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 02:01 PM  
Becky

So I ordered the tube on Saturday from The Fitness Store link that Sand posted and wouldn't you know it, they refunded my money today saying they're out of stock. It's insane how impossible it is to find this double tube.

If you go to Pure Barre they have all these advertisements for streaming, showing people working out at home with all the equipment. How do they expect people to do their workouts if they don't sell the equipment? Of course, the ball, mat and pilates ring are easy to find (not the Pure Barre logo) but that darn double tube is nowhere to be found.

Sand makes an excellent point that someone has to make them for the studios when they wear out. But who? Why is it such a difficult thing to find? It's just crazy!

The Resistance Series uses the tube in all four workouts and you really need the double ring. There's really no substitute that works as well.

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows . ~ Buddha
Old 09-19-19, 11:44 PM  
Sand

I contacted SPRI to ask if they manufactured the double tubing for Pure Barre and they said that they did not and that they don't sell anything like that.

On Amazon reviews for previous purchases of Pure Barre double tubing, reviewers posted that they instead received SPRI double tubing.

https://www.amazon.com/Pure-Barre-Do...pe=all_reviews
Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-19, 10:16 AM  
Scorpio6

Has anybody walked into, or called, a Pure Barre local studio to see if this is available?
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-19, 11:54 AM  
Becky

I've called the three studios near me and also messaged them on FB and they all say they have no equipment or DVDs for sale.

I am quite positive that years ago when I got my double tube it had the Spri logo and not the Pure Barre logo.

It's so crazy that nobody makes this tubing!

Old 09-26-19, 10:20 PM  
Becky

I posted a comment today on Pure Barre's Facebook advertisement for streaming on-demand classes that I wished they would sell the equipment so we could use it in their streaming videos. This was their response:

"Hi, Rebecca. We're currently revamping our equipment website and it should be up and running soon!"

I'm so hopeful that they really will start selling the equipment again.

Tags
pure barre tubing