Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-19, 07:58 PM  
Gams

Ramping class

It’s been several years now since I’ve taught ramping. I was working full time and it was a 50-mile drive to work, so I was getting home pretty late at night and I couldn’t find a decent time to hold class. After that, I had trouble renting the hall because the town clerk didn’t like me (there was a kerfuffle over the rifle range and we were on opposite sides of the issue). We have a new town clerk now and I’m going to talk to her about usingthe hall again. If nothing else, it would be nice to see some of my old students again.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 09:32 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I actually took a Ramping class with Gin Miller a million years ago. Despite her great cueing, I was still a menace to anyone exercising nearby.

Gams, where would you get all the Ramps needed for a class? Do the students bring their own?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 09:34 AM  
sherry7899

Gams, I hope you can start the class up again. I remember how much you enjoyed teaching it.

Alta, it must have been a blast to take a class with Gin! I need to pull out her workouts again. She always cracks me up.

I did not keep my ramp. It bugged my knees, and I don't really have knee issues.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 09:53 AM  
Gams

I have a bunch of ramps - at least 12 - maybe more. I don’t even remember where I bought them all - probably started collecting them when I first thought about teaching a ramping class. I thought maybe I could offer a daytime class as well as an evening class because there are a lot of retired people out here.
Old 09-11-19, 10:53 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Gams, I wish we were in the same neighborhood! I would love to take your class. I still have a ramp, and use it whenever I do forward lunges. I find it to be kinder to my knees than a flat platform.
At one point I had 2 ramps b/c I had gotten Gin's set and Leslie's set; couldn't get the tapes (yes, VHS) without the ramp. I traded one of the ramps. Shipping was a lot more affordable way back then.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 06:35 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

I use to love ramp workouts and wish I had kept my ramp. I'd be all over it if there was a ramping class in my area.
Old 09-12-19, 06:50 AM  
Gams

I may have hit a snag. They are asking a lot to use the town hall. Apparently the fee is the same if you use it for an hour or a whole day. The town clerk said she would talk to the board about lowering the fee because I’ll only be using it for an hour, so we’ll see.

Tags
ramping