Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-19, 09:44 AM  
furmomof6

Pilates Cross-Trainers: September - All Welcome!

Hello,

Jessica Valant Pilates Camp: Day 1 - Introduction

I plan to go on a small hike later with DH and my FIL too. It's beautiful weather here.

I wasn't sure how I was going to like Jessica's workout since it started out slow, but I ended up really liking it! I liked the pace, and she's a great instructor. She helped me with my leg circles and side kicks.

Carol, I'm glad Bonnie's surgery went well!

Donna, I found Carrie's free workout a bit advanced, but I really liked her too. Now I'm torn between trying out either her page or Jessica's for streaming. I'm loving the cross-training with Faithful Workouts.

I hope everyone is having a nice holiday weekend.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-19, 01:11 PM  
cherimac

Happy September.

I'm a bit worried about Tucker because he's showing signs of some arthritis in his back legs. I will make an appointment with the vet.

Thanks for starting us off, Christine. How do you like Jessica Valant? Her site wasn't Pilates enough for me, although I do like her.

Are you guys talking about Carrie Pages? I missed that conversation. I have a friend who really likes her.
Old 09-01-19, 01:21 PM  
furmomof6

Hi, Cheri! Poor Tucker! Our dog has hip dysplasia and arthritis, but ever since we put her on glucosamine and MSM for her joints, she's doing really well. Let us know how he makes out! Thanks for mentioning that about Jessica Valant, I'm leaning towards Carrie Pages. Yes, she's the one I mentioned. I tried one of her free workouts and, although it was a bit advanced, I really liked it and her. I may give her 2 week trial a go. I did like Jessica's workout too though. She's a good instructor, but talks a lot, lol.

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 09-01-19, 04:41 PM  
cherimac

Christine~thanks. Tucker is 8 1/2. That seems young, compared to Penny who didn't slow down until around 11? She was our beagle. Anyway, he gets up slowly and then limps for a few steps. After that he can walk and run as he normally could. It seems to be his back two legs. Poor baby. I hope we can get some supplements that help. We do get him out for walks, play with him, etc.

Hope you enjoy the challenge. I've done Robin's Mind Body Challenge twice so I'm just sticking with Smriti this month.
Old 09-01-19, 07:28 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Friday: JS Fusion Strength 47 min, 45 min. walk with a friend (more like a slow stroll)
Sat: 20 min. walk

This next week will be odd for me. I'm getting an endoscopy Tuesday just to make sure everything is ok in there. Then Wednesday hubby and I are heading to E. Washington to stay at my mom's house. We'll be seeing friends and other family while we are there. I'm going to do my best to keep working out... mostly stepping in front of HGTV and lifting random weights.

Donna, those are such hard decisions to make.

Cheri, yay for a new laptop! It's always nice to have you show up here.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-19, 07:49 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

Happy September -

For this month, at east to start, I'm going to do whatever the current Pilates challenge is plus Fit in 10, plus a minimum of one mile of walking (either indoor, outdoor, treadmill, etc.). It is going to be a hectic month and I suspect many days I will be splitting my workouts into 2 or three sessions..

So, to kick off the month today was:

Fit in 10 - Tone to The Max (plus warm-up). This wasn't too bad - compound/combined moves done in a circuit. 40 seconds on 20 seconds off - 5 exercises repeated twice. It wasn't super fast paced, so that was a nice surprise, sometimes these short workouts go at break neck speed to fit it all in but this wasn't bad and the exercises were such that you could go at your own pace the whole time.

Jessica Smith - 15 Min Fat Blasts - Fast Fat Burn

Jessica Valent - Pilates Camp Day # 1 - Intro to Pilates. This was the new workout for August that she filmed for her streaming site. It is a good intro class.

I did get it done at all once today but that is b/c it is Sunday...

Waves, everyone,

I have tomorrow off but on Tuesday my mom gets out of rehab and I have to help her get settled in her condo. It is going to be a BAD day, she is not easy. Then, I'll have to move her again in a couple of weeks to the apartment. Also going to be a rough day...I am looking forward to the light at the end of the tunnel.....

Cheri - Poor Tucker! We have our Lab on Galliprant for her arthritis. She also takes a joint supplement and I give her fish oil for inflammation. She still limps a bit but I think it would be worse w/out all that. She does have Lyme disease, too, so it is a combo of age and having Lyme that has hit her. I'm not sure how old she really is since she is a rescue - she is probably at least 10 or 11, though.

Brenda - good luck w/ your endoscopy.

Christine -thanks for starting us off. Jessica's workouts are good, but she has a variety - not just Pilates.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-19, 11:16 AM  
cherimac

Pilates Nest Power Circle Play Date
Since I love the magic circle this was a big win for me.

Donna~you are dealing with so much. Big hugs from me.

Brenda~hugs and prayers for the endoscopy.
Old 09-02-19, 11:33 AM  
furmomof6

Jessica Valant Pilates Camp: Day 2 - Arms & Abs
Carrie Pages: 10 minute mat

I loved both. Carrie sent me another free workout for subscribing to her email updates. I really like both instructors but am leaning towards trying Carrie's site since she has reformer workouts too. Although I think right now I like Jessica's Pilates workouts better!

Cheri, yes Piper is much older at 13, and didn't start having joint trouble until around 10-11. She also takes fish oil for inflammation. Tucker sounds just like what she went through though, having problems moving at first but then okay. She doesn't struggle when she first gets up anymore on her supplements, so hopefully something will help out your sweet boy! You mentioned your friend likes Carrie Pages. Do you have any info on her? I think I will subscribe next week for a free trial.

Donna, sounds like a good plan with workouts. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow! Hugs!! What other types of workouts does Jessica Valant offer?

Waves to all!

Old 09-02-19, 01:45 PM  
cherimac

Christine~my friend likes Carrie a lot. This buddy of mine is a Pilates Certified too, and has a home reformer like you do. So I think you'd get some good use out of her site.s
Old 09-02-19, 09:25 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

30 min walk/read

Happy Labor Day!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote