Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-01-19, 01:21 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

September 2019 Yoga Cross Trainers: Autumn, the year’s last, loveliest smile...

“Autumn, the year’s last, loveliest smile.”
William Cullen Bryant

A warm welcome to all as we fall into September!

If you’d like more yoga in your life, you’re in the right place! Whether yoga is your first love or a welcome addition to your other workouts, feel free to roll out your mat & join us. Many of us also enjoy meditation and Qi Gong.

I’ll be back to post my workouts later....

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-19, 05:31 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Back to post....
~ETV: Gail’s Waist Toning - my fave standing ab workout!
~YT: 12 Min Tank Top Arms
~MFML: Easy Spine 4 - very nice with twists, forward bends, & gentle back bends
~acupressure ball work
~one short walk, maybe more steps later....

I’m always sad to see summer winding down, but autumn is lovely too with all of her beautiful colours!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 09-01-19, 12:18 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning and happy Sun Day! Thank you for starting our check-in Pam. I am happy to see September arrive. Better walking weather, still nice out, after tomorrow the Beach Walkers Brigade gets our glorious piece of heaven back to ourselves.

PT and a walk around the block for me. Most of the day was spent running around doing errands, WW and working on my new blog.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-19, 12:50 PM  
cyana

Happy September! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs069dndIYk Had to listen to Earth, Wind and Fire's anthem to a month that would be great if I wasn't so darned busy at work!

Today:
health bounce on the rebounder - 20 minutes
YT Get LIIT - 30 Minute Walk 'n Tone Sweat Session - Gina B or Up to the BEat Fit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfSLoNcMQVs

Cardio first (no high impact), then standing weights and then core work on the floor. Cool down on your own.

YT 5 Minute Crystal Singing Bowl Meditation - Daniela Botur - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYVxHkpiUaA

YT Quick 11 Minute Chakra Tune-up with Himalayan Singing Bowls - temple sounds (I posted the link to this one previously).

So far I think this is my favorite quickie chakra meditation. The temple sounds guy does some videos he calls Bowl Talk, which I find interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diWW6zkNr8o

In this one he's discussing the difference between crystal and Tibetan bowls.

Since I've become obsessed with listening to the singing bowls meditations, I bought myself some Sony over the ear headphones at Costco this morning. Can't wait to try them out.

Pam - I really enjoy Leila's Easy Hips and Easy Spine series.

Pat - Today was weigh and measure day. My waist is down .5 inch since I started using LWR 8.8.2019. I'm going to keep going, as I'm determined to reverse the meno-midsection-mush. I always enjoyed going to the beach in the off season when the summer crowds are gone!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-19, 02:43 PM  
Twigs

Hi everyone!

Thank you Pam for starting us off.

Today I did:
- BFTV2 - Freedom - I quite enjoyed the cardio but it didn't flow quite as well as usual. The weight work seemed to be mostly shoulder presses. The core work was nice enough. Alice seemed a bit scattered but she seemed to be enjoying herself.
- Pilates Weak Neck Tutorial. I don't think that I actually have a weak neck but thought I'd get some pointers on raising my head without straining my neck muscles.
- 1 hour walk
- Yoga Ranger Elemental Earth Yin Yoga

Cyana - Earth Wind and Fire, now that's a blast from the past! Well done on reducing your waistline. Thanks also for the singing bowl meditation links. Sorry September is going to be a hard month for you work-wise.

Pat - It must feel great to get your beach back and have some peace and quiet to do your beach meditations.

Pam - Hope you've had a great day exploring your new surroundings.

Waves to all!

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-19, 02:51 PM  
laurajhawk

Thanks for starting us off, Pam!
Pat, I bet your beach is lovely in the fall.
Cyana, congrats on your measurements.
Margot, that neck tutorial sounds good. I think I could use that.
My teacher Kim had a sick kid yesterday, but the sub was a teacher I liked. We had a very dynamic vinyasa class with balance work. I enjoyed it. Today I took the dogs for an early walk because it's forecast to be near 100 degrees later. After the walk, I got a migraine so haven't done much since, but it wasn't a bad migraine and I want to do some yoga later.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-19, 08:02 AM  
cyana

Happy Labor Day and Happy Monday! It's nice to be able to say Happy Monday and mean it versus moaning, LOL!!

I woke up with a headache this AM. Not severe, just aggravating. I didn't have any caffeine yesterday and I suspect it may be related, so I'm having a few leisurely cups of coffee and will work-out later.

I found this article in The Guardian about the positive effects someone had gained from a meditation practice and wanted to share: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...ng-and-failure
One thing that I've definitely noticed - things at work that would've sent my stress levels soaring are now just irritants. As the busy season ramps up, we'll see if I can keep those stress levels under control. Rx: more meditation!!

Margot - I don't consider myself to have a weak neck either, but after all these years of working out I still find that my neck may become fatigued during Pilates and core work and I have to sneak in a quick "neck break".

Laura - Hope you got rid of that headache. We had some truly oppressive heat/humidity days in August and that coupled with the blazing sun triggered some headaches for me.

Old 09-02-19, 10:34 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone & Happy Labor Day!
I hope everyone is able to enjoy a little R&R, aka the fruits of your labor!

I only managed to get in Yoga Core from Ellen’s 7 Day Challenge set, wanted to get one more of her workouts in before my month subscription expires tomorrow. It is a nice little workout, this set has grown as I use it more.

While I was doing the workout, I started to feel dizzy and it eventually grew into full blown vertigo, ugh! I had to lay down, felt queasy and like I could fall over. I did not have a headache so I think it was probably a vestibular migraine. I’ve had vertigo with my migraines before, but always accompanied by a killer headache. Haven’t had the two together for ages, probably not since menopause a decade ago. Migraine meds helped slightly, but I eventually resorted to gravol & a nap. It’s finally passing.

I see headaches and migraine are a common theme for us this weekend. Has anyone else who gets migraines experienced anything like this?

Thanks for the links Cyana! I think my next Essentrics class playlist will include EW&F’s September, a fun blast from the past! I hope your headache is gone too and I also hope Sept isn’t too crazy busy for you.

Hope you enjoyed your walk in the sunshine Pat! And please post a link to your blog!

Margot, I saw that the new BFTV is finally up. I do enjoy them so I must revisit the series, it’s been a while. The weight work segments in the ones I’ve done so far are, IMO, too short to be effective. I still hope to take more live classes with Alice when we get settled in Victoria next spring. She’s been teaching at a yoga studio that’s an easy walk from our condo. You need to sign up for a series and it fills up so not much room for drop ins.

Laura, sorry you’ve been saddled with a migraine, not fun!

Donna, I hope things are falling into place for your mom & her living situation after she’s discharged from the hospital.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 09-02-19, 07:51 PM  
cyana

Today:
LWR - 20 Minute Weight Loss Workout - Total Body. Posted 6.23.2019 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqnwvg1cjUw

I was going to do some yoga, but DS called and we ended up talking for 2.5 hours!! At that point it was time to toss a quick dinner together.

Pam - Boo hiss on the vertigo. That is such a miserable feeling. I'm wondering if I might have had a vestibular migraine about a month or so ago. I was already in the bed and had profound vertigo when I turned over. No headache. I was afraid to move! Fortunately I've rarely had a migraine for at least 10 years - thank goodness - as I had more than my share earlier in life.

Old 09-03-19, 07:58 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning girlies I hope you all had a relaxing Labor Day weekend. Here's what I've been up to:

Non Moan-Day:
~ Floor PT
~ Gym for recumbent and weight machines
~ My own back stretches / hip openers

Tuesday:
~ Ellen's Fat Belly Blast, entire DVD
~ A back care matrix from RaviAna SS&BSF
~ Beautiful beach walk and meditations

Going through all of Ellen's workout was tough. I really do need to buckle down at least one a week for a longer low impact cardio session like this.

Cyana thank you for the EW&F link - love them! Such great energy. Also for the collection of meditations, they all look wonderful. Whoa! Great results, I'm getting back into the Lucy Squad for sure.

I noticed you did some BFTV2 Margot. I was trying to figure out the weights, too - not sure that they add anything. Yoga Ranger sounds nice, I bookmarked that one.

Laura I hope your migraine is a distant memory.

Pam - oh no! How frightening. I hope it never happens again. And on your vacation.

I missed that Donna's mother is in the hospital - was it on last month's discussion?

Hello to anyone who visits!

PS - my blog is https://greentaracelticdreams.blogspot.com/ if anyone wants to visit. Right now it's mostly to catalog my crystals but I'll be adding yoga and health musings as time permits.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote