Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-19, 01:33 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Hey!!!!

I do appreciate your review and dedication. I have always wondered about sticking with a program if it did yield results.

I am kinda all over the place at this time. I would love to use just one to see if it is just time or it really did/does have an affect.

You had so many positive results and that's what I want to see in myself.

Have you tried Yoga with Adriene on youtube?

I feel very untidy, according to Mari Kondo kinda untidy.

Did you take days off?

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 06:45 PM  
Anny

Thank you so much for your update!

I have the Thrive book and, before my DVT, was working through it sporadically.

From your post, I can see how the discipline of sticking with the progression makes such a difference. (This sticking with a program is a hard thing for me to do!)

I have one son who has worked his way through all of Yoga with Adriene's 30 Day programs and he, too, reports a difference in seeing the progression through.
Old 09-03-19, 06:46 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

I❤️ Yoga with Adrienne

~~~Cheryl

Old 09-04-19, 04:51 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post

I hope you’ll join us for the winter sadhana, some start on winter solstice, others on Jan 1.
Thank you; I'll be there!
-Anita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-19, 04:52 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
That's very cool, Anita! Congratulations on your progress. Thanks for the detailed update, and I'm especially impressed with your results given the background story about your injuries. Well done!

I've been doing yoga a couple of times a week for a few months now, though I have missed here and there. I think it's helped me all around, too. Definitely going to keep it up.
Thank you! I'm happy that you're seeing some positive results and will keep it up! Keep us posted.
-Anita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
Old 09-04-19, 04:54 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
Thanks FirmDancer for your comments. Glad yoga is working for you.

I am now thinking more seriously about making a commitment to a daily practice of yoga, QiGong and meditation. I know it would be good for me. I have never been consistent about practicing, but have done it long enough to see some of the benefits. I like your idea about using one type of yoga, instead of jumping around in the large amount of options available.
Thank you! Maybe try 20 minutes of just one element (yoga or QiGong or meditation.) I found the difficult part to be committing to a daily discipline, so starting out easy makes it ... well, easier. A month into it is when it became easy and necessary.
-Anita

Current Rotations:
Old 09-04-19, 04:55 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Pat & Rhonda - Thank you! I'm glad I may have inspired you Rhonda
-Anita

Current Rotations:
Old 09-04-19, 04:56 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Cheryl & Anny - Thank you! I will now def look into Yoga with Adrienne. I've read so many positive comments about her on VF. Maybe that will be my focus for the Winter Solstice Sadhana
-Anita

Current Rotations:
Old 09-04-19, 06:09 AM  
Rhonda

FirmDancer - I pulled out my Adrienne Reed TV Series yoga workouts. Now I need to start doing them.

They run 20-25 minutes so I should be able to do them and I like Adrienne. I am trying to find her second TV series but seems it isn't available and not sure if her website is even active anymore. https://www.adriennereed.com/index.html

I tried to email her yesterday and it came back as undeliverable. I see her DVDs are for sale on the site.

I tried FB and send her a PM but haven't heard anything back from that either. I just want to know if she is selling any of her DVDs anymore.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-19, 04:54 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

isn't she on another platform. I think It's Kula or something that sounds Hawaiian

it is very busy.

~~~Cheryl

Tags
yoga challenge