Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-19, 09:07 PM  
michl43

My loving cat 2009-2019

I had to put my cat Ariel “Bunny” to sleep today. She was 9-10 years young. I will never walk by the Trader Joe’s Low Sodium Turkey without thinking of her. She was a rescue and with me about 6 years. Testing revealed she had anemia - a very low red blood cell count, immune system issues, and unknown underlying virus, infection or cancer. Within only 2-3 days she was lethargic and not eating or drinking. She seemed normal through Monday of this week.

Michelle
michl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-19, 09:15 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it hurts, but maybe you can be comforted in knowing that you gave her a good home for however much time she had.
Old 03-01-19, 09:18 PM  
michl43

Yes I am. I am missing her a lot. It came on so suddenly. It was really difficult.
Old 03-01-19, 09:20 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your fur baby. I have two of my own and I know how they’re part of the family. I’ve also lost a few and it is devastating. We can only be happy for the time we had with them. One of my favorite quotes is this:

Our pets lead us from patience to love and then to loss, but it’s always a journey worth taking.

My sincere condolences.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-19, 09:37 PM  
michl43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your fur baby. I have two of my own and I know how they’re part of the family. I’ve also lost a few and it is devastating. We can only be happy for the time we had with them. One of my favorite quotes is this:

Our pets lead us from patience to love and then to loss, but it’s always a journey worth taking.

My sincere condolences.
I love ❤️ that quote Joni. Thank you both for your condolences.
Old 03-01-19, 09:43 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Michelle, my heart is breaking for you and your loss of "Bunny". I am so sorry for your loss. I had to euthanize my beloved Ziggy (avatar) last year after he was diagnosed with intestinal cancer. It all happened fairly quickly. He stopped eating and wasn't able to do things he loved to do. He was only a week away from his 14th birthday. I still can't think of him without tearing up. Hang in there Michelle and think of the joy you brought each other in the years you've spent together.
Old 03-01-19, 09:51 PM  
michl43

Dana, thank you. I will focus on all the good times and love. I’m thankful that she had six happy and healthy years with me.
Old 03-01-19, 09:53 PM  
michl43

Dana, I’m very sorry for loss too.
Old 03-01-19, 10:02 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by michl43 View Post
Dana, I’m very sorry for loss too.
Thank you Michelle. I still have my older boy Basil with me. He'll be 17 in April and is in good health and still enjoys his food - a lot. I had to chuckle about your mention of Trader Joe's Low Sodium Turkey as Bunny's treat. While Ziggy was very rigid in what he ate, my Basil enjoys nightly snack of liver sausage with an occasional treat of good quality extra sharp cheddar cheese. Gotta love them!
Old 03-01-19, 10:03 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

My condolences to you on the loss of Bunny...it's terribly hard to go through. Just know that you will be reunited again one day. Meanwhile...our thoughts are with you and Bunny.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote